Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
" probably the best RPGs released in years. "

Hell to the no.
Hell to the more or less
Pretty much. If you don't count the likes of King's Bounty or Eador the only contender I can think of is MMX which I enjoy the shit out of as well.

Anyway, game's still great, just raped the undead king (after he instagibbed my party with his fire AoE) and on we go to the forest. 30 hours in and only lvl 9. The sheer amount of content here is mindboggling. I find myself thinking about my builds while at work and then running home to snatch 2 hours to progress a bit.

Btw why is the loot almost always a weapon or armor? Where are the boots or bracers? I still have default stuff on some of my chars.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's random so maybe the Seeds are fucking with you. I know my archer had a crafted Eye + String amulet until level 15...

Darkion

Augur
Btw why is the loot almost always a weapon or armor? Where are the boots or bracers? I still have default stuff on some of my chars.

I mostly get armor and one-handed weapons, but get a good number of bracers and feet things. Waist things are another story, in one of my games I got a sarong from the seashell at the beginning of the game and the next one I found as loot was after I finished with the church around level 9. It looks like if you want belts you need a crafter or good luck when shopping.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
RK47Your criticism would probably be better served on the Larian forums.

goodgrief.png

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Anyone working on or know of any user-made modules out yet? C'mon, let's start the mod incline! I'm hoping there'll at least be a few good UI improvements to this otherwise excellent game, and that someone will put a stake through the heart of that awful RPS mini-game. What were the developers thinking with that? It's the one time I wondered if they all had an office toga-toke party that day with that decision.

So I finally beat the last fight and now I'm standing in that room clueless as to what to do next. Explored that garden back and forth, no way to get back from there as far as I can see. What am I missing?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
With last fight you mean
the fight against the void dragon? Did you keep Astarte alive?
Game should end then, perhaps a trigger failed.

Last edited:
I guess I broke it then, because I used Madora's Battering Ram to rush in and knock down Leandra before she can summon those Death Knights and entire fight ended up being situated around the God Box, Astarte never even appeared in it... which I was grateful for because I hated having to babysit her in previous attempts. So now I have to redo that entire tedious fight all over again? :lol: I don't think so, uninstall time.
Very good game for the most part, but some puzzles, inventory management and invulnerable enemies can go fuck themselves. I've also left few quests open, including the one about the soul forge because I grew tired eventually and just wanted to finish it. I'll need a considerable amount of time before I can replay this, 90 hours for a single playthrough god damnit, I'm getting too old for this shit.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah I am done trying to beat the final fight. HI, IM A NAKED TREE WOMAN BEING VAGUELY INSPIRED BY A 4-YEAR-OLD'S UNDERSTANDING OF MOTHER NATURE SYMBOLISM, I HAVE LIKE 3 HP BUT IM GOING TO RUN AROUND CASTING SHITTY SPELLS THAT HAVE NO CONSEQUENCE IN THE BATTLE AND OHHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FEATHERFALL ME SOMEWHERE SAFE BUT I AM IMMUNE TO FEATHERFALL HAHA! NOW GOOD LUCK PROTECTING ME FROM THE VOID DRAGON

Go fucking die.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is she moving around for you? On all my kills (I did it a few times just to see what happens when you do things slightly differently) she stood still for both fights (vs Trife and vs Dragon), figured it was intentional as it kept her just out of breath range even if faced it towards her. Zero chance of dying to Dragon, chance of dying to DK smash if I didn't remove invulnerability and get them out of the way (tele, charm, murder or if they just weren't there due to soul forge).

She was definitely moving around for me, couple of times she moved away from safer place behind my party right among the enemies, for no apparent reason. :D

Tigranes

Arcane
Is she moving around for you? On all my kills (I did it a few times just to see what happens when you do things slightly differently) she stood still for both fights (vs Trife and vs Dragon), figured it was intentional as it kept her just out of breath range even if faced it towards her. Zero chance of dying to Dragon, chance of dying to DK smash if I didn't remove invulnerability and get them out of the way (tele, charm, murder or if they just weren't there due to soul forge).

She moves about a bit when she doesn't see anything nearby, instead of staying put like the useless cunt she is. And in the second part she spawns in full view in the range of every enemy on the map, fully in range of dragon attacks (who will then hit her 4 times at the very start of the first turn).

I'm just so glad I remembered you can just turn voices volume down. OH, HEROE, SAVE ME, SAVE MEEEEEE MOMMY I WANT A POPSICLE WAAAHHHH

RK47

Patron
Yeah I am done trying to beat the final fight. HI, IM A NAKED TREE WOMAN BEING VAGUELY INSPIRED BY A 4-YEAR-OLD'S UNDERSTANDING OF MOTHER NATURE SYMBOLISM, I HAVE LIKE 3 HP BUT IM GOING TO RUN AROUND CASTING SHITTY SPELLS THAT HAVE NO CONSEQUENCE IN THE BATTLE AND OHHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FEATHERFALL ME SOMEWHERE SAFE BUT I AM IMMUNE TO FEATHERFALL HAHA! NOW GOOD LUCK PROTECTING ME FROM THE VOID DRAGON

Go fucking die.

Give her Air Shield?
Summons will also help distract the enemies.
It's the end fight, every character in the party should summon.

Tigranes

Arcane
I only have two characters,so even when they have 10+ AP, it's a lot of work to create summons, give her shield, heal her, teleport enemies away from her, etc. - esp. since dragon respawns any dead critters. I imagine if I had henchmen it would be much easier to babysit her, but screw that. All I'm missing out on is some more shit ass OH HEROES SAVE THE WORLD & the imp.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Yeah I am done trying to beat the final fight. HI, IM A NAKED TREE WOMAN BEING VAGUELY INSPIRED BY A 4-YEAR-OLD'S UNDERSTANDING OF MOTHER NATURE SYMBOLISM, I HAVE LIKE 3 HP BUT IM GOING TO RUN AROUND CASTING SHITTY SPELLS THAT HAVE NO CONSEQUENCE IN THE BATTLE AND OHHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FEATHERFALL ME SOMEWHERE SAFE BUT I AM IMMUNE TO FEATHERFALL HAHA! NOW GOOD LUCK PROTECTING ME FROM THE VOID DRAGON

Go fucking die."

You suck at games.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It still cracks me up that Greg Martin enterprises are the third biggest patron of the motherfucking arts.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So now I have to redo that entire tedious fight all over again?

How was the fight tedious if you didn't even have four death knights to juggle? You can make it easymode by backtracking to the entrance and picking a different choice. The fight is much easier that way.

She is pretty much necessary, depending what kind of party set-up you have. She stopped too far away from the dragon, couldn't get the bless effect. Certainly felt that, fun with two melee guys and ~30% THC.

How was the fight tedious if you didn't even have four death knights to juggle? You can make it easymode by backtracking to the entrance and picking a different choice. The fight is much easier that way.

The only way it is not tedious is if I charge in and have Leandra incapacitated before she can summon her Death Knights, but then fight starts without initiating dialogue with main demon and that means Astarte doesn't appear which fucks up everything. I tried to redo it couple of times the standard way, even lowered difficulty to Normal, Leandra always ends up shitting out her annoying invulnerable summons, and I usually end up with 4-5 invulnerable enemies (2 Death Princes plus her Death Knights), with my party of 3 (one of my chars is Lone Wolf), so I don't even have enough spells to remove invulnerability from all of them and on top of that I gotta worry about keeping Astarte alive.. yeah no. I ended up uninstalling, story isn't interesting enough for me to see the end anyway. When I replay it sometime I'll make sure to complete the Soul Forge quest so I'd have the option of removing Leandra from that fight.
Invulnerable enemies and shitty "use the levers in correct order/find a tiny button to press" puzzles are my main gripes with this game, which was otherwise very fun.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Even if I was using henchmen, or even if I was using a different party which didn't deliberately skimp on all elemental magic, I don't think it would be a particularly fun battle. You have a 12k HP bloat dude whose attacks mainly seem to be elemental damage on steroids, and periodically summoning critters who are basically a nuisance - I could ignore them completely if it weren't for the retard tree bitch who insists on prancing around getting herself killed.

RK47

Patron
Even if I was using henchmen, or even if I was using a different party which didn't deliberately skimp on all elemental magic, I don't think it would be a particularly fun battle. You have a 12k HP bloat dude whose attacks mainly seem to be elemental damage on steroids, and periodically summoning critters who are basically a nuisance - I could ignore them completely if it weren't for the retard tree bitch who insists on prancing around getting herself killed.

Yep. She was of no help at all.

:lol:

Is the Tree Bitch immune to freezing? If not just rain+bitter cold. Possibly after Divine Light.

Also, Git Gud Fag

Tigranes

Arcane
Sorry i so bad

I mean it's not a ridiculously impossible / frustrating battle. I gave up after bitch died twice because I realised I didn't actually want to see whatever disney stuff they had for an ending. And again, henchmen / magic would make things much easier I assume.

Ivan

Arcane
Fuk da system, I'm not collecting all those crappy rocks!

EAA021634935D87EBC91BB0F3822CAC67DB22178
Don't know if you already know this but you can also "use" your blood stones to have them count as star stones (or w/e they're called). You should have 4 or 5 just by following the critical path, easily more than what's required for the door. I myself was stumped here until I learned that using one up nets you a ton of xp and moves the "story" forward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom