Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I cant finish this. It just doesnt feel worth it.

I do indeed feel that sentiment. It was only the co-op partner buggering me every night that drove me to finish it. Also his mage-tank char felt intriguing enough to 'finalize' the build.
In the end I simply traded every trait point away for 10 ability to increase my spell loadouts instead of relying on one trick pony traits.

Also, Shadenuat I tested it on my own save - to kill Arhu you can just trade one tenebrium bar to him and go to sleep while the game is running.
rip-arhu.jpg

Last edited:

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I cant finish this. It just doesnt feel worth it.
I tried my best to motivate RK. :lol:

But yeah, in the end It isn't worth it. The shitty feeling i got during mid-game(I did have fun at hunter's edge, quests there were decent and killing orcs was fun. But the feeling got even worse when we went into phantom forest) didn't go away after beating the game.

You don't really care about the ending when the story is so crappy. We were just glad to be finally done with the game.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I bumped into Hiver on the Larian forum!

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526283#Post526283

RE: What ever happened to the Mysterious Douchebag?

No, he is just a random unimportant pathetic dumbass who likes to play pretend he is better then "those other people" and who answers with retarded "k`" when he has nothing else to say or looses an argument he started, while pretending and fantasizing that somehow makes him cool.

Laughably pathetic, if you ask me.

He probably did pay to get that role, but i wouldnt expect that blob to have any significance in the game.

Weasel
I bumped into Hiver on the Larian forum!

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526283#Post526283

RE: What ever happened to the Mysterious Douchebag?

No, he is just a random unimportant pathetic dumbass who likes to play pretend he is better then "those other people" and who answers with retarded "k`" when he has nothing else to say or looses an argument he started, while pretending and fantasizing that somehow makes him cool.

Laughably pathetic, if you ask me.

He probably did pay to get that role, but i wouldnt expect that blob to have any significance in the game.

:lol: I see Hiver's butthurt is still festering after he was sent to Prosperland and ragequit the Codex all those months ago. Let it go man.

But lol at the post above where someone is wondering why the 'mysterious stranger' just says 'k and disappears.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I was kinda angry he teleported away when I wanted to kill him for EXP but then I read the above post and now it made sense. I never really considered him to be a Codex KS bonus content :lol:

Perkel

Arcane
DOS back at #1 on Steam.

In 3 days it will be full month of DOS being in top3. Larian is swimming in money now.

Tigranes

Arcane
I suspect there's no point in me playing when I reach the phantom forest. It's where I got that "ENDGAME SLOG" vibe and quit the first two times, and this playthrough will do it, too. Still, 100+ hours of pure fun, gets my approval.

jdinatale

Cipher
DOS back at #1 on Steam.

In 3 days it will be full month of DOS being in top3. Larian is swimming in money now.

Are people really this retarded? It could sell very little copies per day and still be "in the top 3" if other games are selling poorly. DayZ was in the top 3 forever before selling a million.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DOS back at #1 on Steam.

Are people really this retarded? It could sell very little copies per day and still be "in the top 3" if other games are selling poorly. DayZ was in the top 3 forever before selling a million.
I'm pretty sure Steam sells lots of copies from their games each day, they are the No 1. distributor for a reason. Being in the Top seller list means lots of copies sold. Not millions, but even a thousand sale a day makes a lot of money.

Oh, and the DOS is No 1 on GOG too.

Athelas

Arcane
DOS back at #1 on Steam.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-02-dayz-hits-2-million-sales
DayZ sold 1 million copies in its first month on sale, and has added another million in the three months since then.

Weasel
They're definitely "swimming in money". Game partly funded by kickstarter, the rest probably repaid once they'd sold 200k weeks ago, no publisher to take most of the cash... it's all profit now. And bonuses to come from taking part in future sales.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They must pay taxes and investment fees. Then they must use the money in reserves for future projects.

Perkel

Arcane
They must pay taxes and investment fees. Then they must use the money in reserves for future projects.

That is also completely beside fact that game wasn't on any sale after 31st and RPG usually have strong legs (especially good RPGs). Mod support also could provide quite a few sold copies adding to those RPG legs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom