Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Weasel
How much did Larian make off of this so far?
According to Volourn they're about to pack it in and become barmen and tattoo artists.

According to other reports they had already broken even after the first couple of days and since then (possibly 200k more sales) it's been all profit. Guess we'll find out soon when we get updated figures. And they have Steam/bundle sales revenue to look forward to in the future with no publisher to suck up the cash....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Fuck off. Also, you obviously don't attempt fighting anything above your level."

Cry to yo momma.

\"According to Volourn they're about to pack it in and become barmen and tattoo artists."

Don't lie. Have theys old over a million yet? if not, DD is still more popular.

"Granted that makes attempts at seriousness feel awkward and out of place, but there isn't -that- much of it."

Kiddin' right? The entire main story is 'serious'. It just sucks.I like the excuses being made for shitty writing and shitty story.

DefJam101

Arcane
Game is selling well. Not Doritos-tier well, but well. It has good PR from the twitter/reddit/twitchverse from what I've seen so it's likely to continue selling even after it leaves the Steam front page.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In 15 days they sold 250k, alongside 70k-ish that include KS and EA. KS is 20k which yielded $1M, let's take their way of excluding various costs/taxes by dividing the income by two and we get 250k*$40/2=$5M. So I guess above $6M, while the game apparently costed $4M. Adding in another week of being top1 on steam it might be close to $7M, which is basically almost enough for another full game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Has Roguey played the game yet? I haven't been following the thread. In any case, if he hasn't, there's not much point in him playing: he'll almost certainly hate the game, along with all of the other people who can't (or don't want to) see any value in crazy, carefree games made with real heart.
So you're saying it has heart, it has soul, and if it sang the blues, I'd want to listen?

I already bought it, so I'll try it out eventually once it's become a complete product. I even have an extra key I'll probably be giving away to one of you jerks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Has Roguey played the game yet? I haven't been following the thread. In any case, if he hasn't, there's not much point in him playing: he'll almost certainly hate the game, along with all of the other people who can't (or don't want to) see any value in crazy, carefree games made with real heart.
So you're saying it has heart, it has soul, and if it sang the blues, I'd want to listen?

I already bought it, so I'll try it out eventually once it's become a complete product. I even have an extra key I'll probably be giving away to one of you jerks.
Give to to Sawyer.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
State of Co-op:
Too lazy to walk.
Use pyramid to catch up every 5 seconds.
Drink potion before use pyramid if heading into combat.
Let partner solve puzzle. Press buttan as instructed.
Took Tiberium. Become Tiberium Expert.
Explored a bunch of places. Killed people that co-op partner wanted dead.
Fought a guy with 5 demon summon.
Source of the whole conflict...unknown
Asked co-op partner to explain:
...I don't understand. What's the relationship between God open Box, unleash void, eternal conflict, Jake killed by White witch - Immacul-
Immaculate is lead by Conduit.
What's a Conduit?
Conduit is a person.
I thought it was a thing.
Conduit is a woman. Twin of White Witch.
This is new. Why Twin fight each other?
Man fuck woman in shack. Other woman jelly.

sochi-bear-crying.gif
I-is that so? Oh, it's midnight, I gotta sleep.

Calling all autobots.

Last edited:

DefJam101

Arcane
no actually i'm saying you wouldn't want to listen

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
State of Co-Op
sad-batman.gif

I told him I'm ready to start. But I'm not gonna move. I'll just stand.
Let him move to where we need to be, then I click on the pyramid.
This is co-op.
My willpower to move is no longer there.
I don't care about this world.
The whole universe of this game collapses around me post-Cyseal.
There was hardly anything to care about.
As the Death Knights barreled on us, my partner told me to run.
I just sipped the invis pot and clicked lazily through the combat.
The lumbering killers behind us, we face the blazing hot chambers - with random fireballs falling from the sky.
Why are we here.
What are we looking for.
I wanted to ask.
But my fingers just won't move.
Instead I open a bag of tostitos scoops and dipped it into the salsa cheese for 15 mins while he navigates the whole maze of 'escaping from death trap dungeon number . 30412'
'Hey u shd read this love letter'
K. *reads* Who's zandalor? Is he Jake?'
No. hes' the guy two witches are fighting for.
Oh ok.
I rummage through desk found some spell and an important looking lab note.
it's time to go.
I turn around and see the shelf full of 8 rows of books to click on.
why do i even give a fuck.
i sigh and just wait for the teleport.
we finally made it outside and returned to the zyzax.
Next, to find Zandalor, hiding in hunter's edge.
I don't wanna walk there.
I'll just teleport.
Why am I so lazy.
I don't care anymore.
I just want to see the end.
We created the anti-death knight spell.
But does it even matter?
So many confusing thoughts.
You're so close Steve
To what?
Oblivion?
Why does it start so good yet deteriorate into something so ugly?
Where is the momentum?
Then suddenly partner exclaims his gf is at his door and I sighed in relief.
10.30 PM. I want to lie down in my bed, stare at the ceiling on Thursday night.
I don't wanna remember anything about this game.
I need to cleanse it.
purge it.
I just need to click on pyramid.
I don't need upgrades anymore
Take me to the end.
Please. Just let it end

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
First rebalance mod is out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Source DIfficulty 1.05

****Game Changes********************************************************************************

**NPC Changes**
1) Increased the Bodybuilding and Willpower by 1-2 for NPCs that had at least 1 point in either.
2) NPCs with the Opportunist or Zombie Talents have 20% more movement.
3) NPCs with the Opportunist Talent are 20% more resistant to debilitating status effects.
4) Some NPCs Level 10 and higher were given 1-3 points to some attributes.
The +2 Speed allows some enemies to now hit twice every turn or every other turn.
5) Some Enemies now have 1-2 more Skills (Ex: An enemy that had Fireball was given Flare).
6) Some Enemies now carry a Potion. Be wary of those melee units.

7) NPC FOV buffed from 90 to 180 (Sneak Pts now drastically decreases FOV and view distance).
8) Genereic Merchant BodyGuards FOV buffed to 350 and all Sentinels FOV nerfed to 30.
9) Generic Rats now have really low HP so they become easier to kill.
By default Sneak Pts drop view distance 1.5m with the average NPC view at 18m for Sneak 0.

**Player Buffs**
1) Player Health for all difficulties at +0% (That is 25% more than the default hard).
2) Player-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (That is 30% more than the Default Hard).
These buffs will help the player be less dependent on spells and AOE.
3) Players start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, and a Fireball Scroll.

**Difficulty Modes Changes**
1) Enemy-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (Just like the default hard mode).
2) Easy Mode gives NPCs +0% more Health. (Encase the other mod changes are enough for you).
3) Normal Mode gives NPCs +25% more Health. (Like the default hard mode).
4) Hard Mode gives NPCs +50% more Health. (25% more HP than the default hard mode).

**Extra Changes**
1) Enables for 4 players support.
2) Player movement speed is increased 30%. Animations look natural & does not effect combat.

****Madora and Jahan Changes******************************************************************

Madora and Jahan have been set to level 1 and have been given various changes.

Madora and Jahan will Auto-Level to the same amount as the player that recruits them.

Madora and Jahan were given 3 free attribute points to allow more customizability.
This will compensate for the lack of Traits that only the 2 main heroes can get.
The added attributes also won't help as much since they mostly help specific equipment types.

To compensate for the 3 attributes Madora & Jahan start with only 3 skills like a Lvl 1 hero.

You will be able to choose 2 attributes, 2 abilities and 1 talent by the time they are Lvl 4.

**Madora Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 8, DEX 6, INT 6, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Man-At-Arms x1, Bodybuilding x2, Willpower x1
3) Skills = Battering Ram, Crushing Fist, and Dust Devil
4) Talents = Morning Person(Revive at 100% HP) and Five Star Diner(Potion/Food x2 effect)

Madora no longer has 2 points into Two-Hander. A lot of people requested this.
Madora was given +1 DEX, INT, PER encase the player wants more control over her build.

**Jahan Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 6, DEX 6, INT 8, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Hydrosophist x1, Bodybuilding x1, Willpower x2
3) Skills = Minor Healing, Slow Current, and Water of Life
4) Talents = Morning Person(Revive at 100% HP) and Five Star Diner(Potion/Food x2 effect)

Jahan was given +1 STR, DEX, PER encase the player wants more control over his build.
Jahan no longer has Scientist talent. Encase you don't want him to be the smith/crafter.

I highly recommend recruiting Madora and Jahan while you are still level 2.

Both start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, a Fireball Scroll and a Backpack.

Imo great changes. IT has 20% flat chance to hit to player and monsters so you can hit now way higher lvl mobs.
Also this show how everything can be modified so soon we will have mod that will rival ToEE in therms of combat.

Tigranes

Arcane
Extra skills, movement, bodybuilding/willpower for enemies is fine but the rest looks unwanted. The player doesn't need THC buffs, a welll built character already has plenty of THC on Hard and this just makes it mean if you fight enemies your level you will never miss; it also bloats enemy HP.

2) Player movement speed is increased 30%. Animations look natural & does not effect combat.

I wish I could have just that, though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
First rebalance mod is out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Source DIfficulty 1.05

****Game Changes********************************************************************************

**NPC Changes**
1) Increased the Bodybuilding and Willpower by 1-2 for NPCs that had at least 1 point in either.
2) NPCs with the Opportunist or Zombie Talents have 20% more movement.
3) NPCs with the Opportunist Talent are 20% more resistant to debilitating status effects.
4) Some NPCs Level 10 and higher were given 1-3 points to some attributes.
The +2 Speed allows some enemies to now hit twice every turn or every other turn.
5) Some Enemies now have 1-2 more Skills (Ex: An enemy that had Fireball was given Flare).
6) Some Enemies now carry a Potion. Be wary of those melee units.

7) NPC FOV buffed from 90 to 180 (Sneak Pts now drastically decreases FOV and view distance).
8) Genereic Merchant BodyGuards FOV buffed to 350 and all Sentinels FOV nerfed to 30.
9) Generic Rats now have really low HP so they become easier to kill.
By default Sneak Pts drop view distance 1.5m with the average NPC view at 18m for Sneak 0.

**Player Buffs**
1) Player Health for all difficulties at +0% (That is 25% more than the default hard).
2) Player-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (That is 30% more than the Default Hard).
These buffs will help the player be less dependent on spells and AOE.
3) Players start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, and a Fireball Scroll.

**Difficulty Modes Changes**
1) Enemy-Hit-Chance for all difficulties at +20% (Just like the default hard mode).
2) Easy Mode gives NPCs +0% more Health. (Encase the other mod changes are enough for you).
3) Normal Mode gives NPCs +25% more Health. (Like the default hard mode).
4) Hard Mode gives NPCs +50% more Health. (25% more HP than the default hard mode).

**Extra Changes**
1) Enables for 4 players support.

****Madora and Jahan Changes******************************************************************

Madora and Jahan have been set to level 1 and have been given various changes.

Madora and Jahan will Auto-Level to the same amount as the player that recruits them.

Madora and Jahan were given 3 free attribute points to allow more customizability.
This will compensate for the lack of Traits that only the 2 main heroes can get.
The added attributes also won't help as much since they mostly help specific equipment types.

To compensate for the 3 attributes Madora & Jahan start with only 3 skills like a Lvl 1 hero.

You will be able to choose 2 attributes, 2 abilities and 1 talent by the time they are Lvl 4.

**Madora Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 8, DEX 6, INT 6, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Man-At-Arms x1, Bodybuilding x2, Willpower x1
3) Skills = Battering Ram, Crushing Fist, and Dust Devil

Madora no longer has 2 points into Two-Hander. A lot of people requested this.
Madora was given +1 DEX, INT, PER encase the player wants more control over her build.

**Jahan Stats**
1) Attributes = STR 6, DEX 6, INT 8, CON 6, SPD 6, PER 6
2) Abilities = Hydrosophist x1, Bodybuilding x1, Willpower x2
3) Skills = Minor Healing, Slow Current, and Water of Life

Jahan was given +1 STR, DEX, PER encase the player wants more control over his build.
Jahan no longer has Scientist talent. Encase you don't want him to be the smith/crafter.

I highly recommend recruiting Madora and Jahan while you are still level 2.

Both start with 4 Large Potions, 2 Resurrect Scrolls, a Fireball Scroll and a Backpack.

Imo great changes. IT has 20% flat chance to hit to player and monsters so you can hit now way higher lvl mobs.
Also this show how everything can be modified so soon we will have mod that will rival ToEE in therms of combat.

Pseudo increase of difficulty. Why increase amount of bodybuilding and willpower for enemies? Also completely unnecessary messing with both NPCs.

If you want real increase in difficulty, block stealing.

Perkel

Arcane
Because especially low level enemies don't have any resistances and they soak up almost any status effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom