Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am pretty confident that Swen can handle this. He seems to be doing fine keeping Larian running for 18 years already (even if they've had some dark times too).

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
I wonder what the retailers think of Vincke selling his game through digital channels first. They kinda frown heavily on that kind of thing. :M

OH MY GOD WE HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT YET AND HAVEN'T TOLD THEM OR ANYTHING GOOD THING YOU'VE MENTIONED THAT MATE

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol:

Sounds like they're not very pleased. I'd be thrilled if they end up blacklisting it like retailers did with Beyonce's last album, but I doubt the reaction will be that extreme.

Early Access also confirms both a delay and proof that Larian has run out of money once again. +M

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
:lol:

Sounds like they're not very pleased. I'd be thrilled if they end up blacklisting it like retailers did with Beyonce's last album, but I doubt the reaction will be that extreme.

As if retailers in the music industry have any real weight anymore

I'll wait for the finished product but Larian will handle early access just fine I'm sure

Stabbey

Learned
For those who aren't reading the alpha thread, but are interested in the game anyway, the release date is being pushed back. The current thought is Summer 2014.

Larian on Kickstarter said:
It's indeed taking us longer than we expected but we haven't decided yet by how much we'll shift the release date, which is why we didn't communicate anything official yet (because otherwise we run the risk of having to shift the date again if it turns out our estimate is wrong).

Development is racing ahead very fast for the moment and we want to assess where we are at the end of the month and where we think we'll be a month from now. A lot of the feedback we've been getting will be integrated by then and then it'll be a question of how much time it'll take us to finish up.

Some things which you suspect may take a lot of time take very little time to develop, but in the same breath it's also true that some things which you expect to take little time, actually take a lot of time.

In any case you're right, we should have communicated more clearly in the last update - it was there, but not explicit enough. But trust me when I say that any delay there is, is there because we're aiming high with D:OS.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't even give a fuck.

I want this to end as great as possible.

(And hopefully it will land on a less academically-stressful time period for me...)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Frack Retailers they're as relevant as gramophones producers now; at least in countries with decent broadband connections; which means Larian will sell well in Jewrope where they got most fans anyway. Release the game in Autumn if this will mean stable and bug-free product.

Source: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/109734/Divinity: Original Sin gets new release date/

Divinity: Original Sin gets release date

The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin has confirmed to Gamereactor that they're planning a slightly later than expected release date for Larian Studios' crowdfunded isometric-RPG. The game, which is currently available in an unfinished state on PC via Steam Early Access (there's currently no Early Access version for Mac owning gamers), will get its official launch on April 25.

Applied for vacation on 25th April. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin has confirmed to Gamereactor that they're planning a slightly later than expected release date for Larian Studios' crowdfunded isometric-RPG. The game, which is currently available in an unfinished state on PC via Steam Early Access (there's currently no Early Access version for Mac owning gamers), will get its official launch on April 25.

The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin

:x

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Germans need to be told two months in advance by quadruple forms when their wives are going to fuck them, if ever, just to be prepared. And it's like that, and that's the way it is. Everyone else is doing it wrong.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Reminder that Roguey Was Right about a late April release. :cool:

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin

:x

Daedalic are german, aren't they ?

http://www.daedalic.de/en/game/Divinity_Original_Sin?PHPSESSID=kse9ae7nc8iit016a6j2vtfvs0

(Though their release date for Original Sin is still "tba").

Last edited:

hiver

Divinity: Original Sin - a marriage proposal tool(!)

Thats the PR i was talkin about.

ForkTong
Good job Larian. Now keep on doing that. Search for such stories over steam and teh Internets, when the game comes fully out and collect them. No need to force it, when it happens - happens. And it will.
Marriages, friendships, ... good stuff of all forms and sizes. eh?

Xeon

Augur
Would you eventually after the finished game ships allow licensing of the engine if other devs were to be interested?

So far among all the Kickstarter games D:OS probably has the best modding support possibility in the end. So I am kinda wondering prematurely of course if it would be viable for other devs to use the Larian engine instead of Unity if they think it might benefit them more.

Thank you!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom