Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #75: Enhanced Edition Released

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
wasteland 2 EE when

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex

Tommy-DeVito-Joe-Pesci.jpg

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I would say go with the original. I mean, if you are so fucking stupid that you would ask this question with the obvious logical progression of "original" to "tactician" and you are too fucking lazy to have looked up or read anything about the more difficult settings, my advice to you is pick the easiest setting and make sure to find a cheat program because FOR FUCKS SAKE you are going to need it.

Angry little man, my question was obviously directed at people that has played both modes, and are actual RPG players, which can tell me if the new EE edition is poorly balanced and a waste of my time. Wouldn't be that rare, given current trends, and opinions on other sites are meaningless to me. "obvious logical progression" nowadays is to make things dumber and easier.

What made you think I need an answer from a guy that... thinks smoking is fine to your health because it's not more toxic than inhaling burning plastic. Fine logic there. Find a cheat program for life, you're gonna need it.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
Angry little man, my question was obviously posted so people that has played both modes, and are actual RPG players, can tell me if the new EE edition is poorly balanced and a waste of my time. Wouldn't be that rare, given current trends, and opinions on other sites are meaningless to me. "obvious logical progression" nowadays is to make things dumber and easier.
The EE came out less then 12hrs ago. You aren't going to get anyone being able to tell you that it's better or worse balanced until a while yet.

Xenich

Cipher
The smell. The smell is disgusting. It sticks to the your room like cat urine.

Smoke does that, it smells, it congeals and sticks in areas if you continue to have it. You have cleaned your kitchen right? You know that black sludge that builds up that is oily? That is smoke from cooking. You like that, does it smell good?

But hey, don't let a good political narrative get in the way of facts.

Fry

Arcane
Smoke does that, it smells, it congeals and sticks in areas if you continue to have it. You have cleaned your kitchen right? You know that black sludge that builds up that is oily? That is smoke from cooking. You like that, does it smell good?

But hey, don't let a good political narrative get in the way of facts.

Just to be clear here, you're actually arguing that cooking the occasional steak in your kitchen is equivalent to regularly sucking tobacco smoke through a cigarette into your lungs?

Congratulations, you've taken Codexian iconoclasm to an entirely new level of stupidity.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Indeed.

I had forgotten how shit it was, but replaying it now...ugh .. everything still just so "kiddy" cheese shit. The voiced dialogues somehow makes it even worse, lel.

OOOOOOOHhhh Hellllooooow, good sirrrr... why is everybody so fucking cheerful ;D Whimsical up my ass.

Xenich

Cipher
Just to be clear here, you're actually arguing that cooking the occasional steak in your kitchen is equivalent to regularly sucking tobacco smoke through a cigarette into your lungs?

Congratulations, you've taken Codexian iconoclasm to an entirely new level of stupidity.

Ah, now we are back peddling and moving the goal post to try and validate the bitchy whine of point.

1) How do you know they consistently smoke in their room?
2) How do you know that they don't consisently clean their room weekly (there by removing the whole "build up" argument).
3) What about the people who constantly cook smokey meals in their home every night?

See, we have all these conditions now you have NO fucking clue about and yet here you are like a little bitch trying to seem like you are making a point.

So yes, just like the Codex where kiddies who are as stupid as they are arrogant attempt to make an invalid point seem valid.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think Xenich is trying to provide us a living example of what cognitive dissonance looks like.

Xenich

Cipher
I think Xenich is trying to provide us a living example of what cognitive dissonance looks like.

No, I just can't stand little fucks who whine about cigarette smoke. They are usually sheepish little idiots who suck down any sort of "public service message" they hear and then repeat it like a broken record.

I mean, in all of Arena's response, the little shit pulled out the smoking thing and had to make it a specific comment "oh, look at me everyone, I hate smoke, look at me, I am a good little sheep, smoking is bad, smoking kills!"

I don't even smoke and I hate hearing that shit. Fucking idiots go on and on about that crap yet pay no attention to the numerous toxins they pump into their body from numerous other sources. They are useless fodder, what governments eventually use as road pavement and ditch filler once they get enough of the fucking idiots to fall in line.

Next the sheepish little fuck is going to go on about how meat causes cancer because they heard it on the news!

Turok

Erudite
They fix the engine problem 1 tread issue, the game run smooth now 60 FPS steady (i never get more than 41 before). I guess is the new engine, is awesome.

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Well, about the game, I'm liking it a lot so far - but I also liked the original, so, duh.

The fix the engine problem 1 tread issue, the game run smooth now 60 FPS steady (i never get more than 41 before). I guess is the new engine, is awesome.

No kidding. I was playing Wasteland 2 DC here, and it runs like shit (stuttering, FPS all over the place, and it doesn't even looks good). But DOS:EE... Wow, it runs amazingly well, it feels very light. Loading is way faster here, too. Alt+Tab like a beast, also, thanks Larian for that. They really did a amazing job on the engine as far as I can tell.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That Xenich retard keeps dumbing down this thread with his blantant stupidity and attention seeking bullshit as usual
Most of us actually interested in the EE would love to read some impressions from actual players but he has turned this into his little "hey look at me" dumbposting

Zeriel

Arcane
That Xenich retard keeps dumbing down this thread with his blantant stupidity and attention seeking bullshit as usual
Most of us actually interested in the EE would love to read some impressions from actual players but he has turned this into his little "hey look at me" dumbposting

It's called funposting.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I'm sorry guise but Xenich won post of the month right here:
I would say go with the original. I mean, if you are so fucking stupid that you would ask this question with the obvious logical progression of "original" to "tactician" and you are too fucking lazy to have looked up or read anything about the more difficult settings, my advice to you is pick the easiest setting and make sure to find a cheat program because FOR FUCKS SAKE you are going to need it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Shut up, Rex.

Fry

Arcane
No, I just can't stand little fucks who whine about cigarette smoke. They are usually sheepish little idiots who suck down any sort of "public service message" they hear and then repeat it like a broken record.

"IT'S THE GUBMINT! IT'S THE GUBMINT! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!"

You're the worst kind of wannabe libertarian retard. The fact that something is commonly accepted to be true and the government bangs on about it doesn't make it any less true. Smoking does kill as is demonstrated by decades of study of mountains of evidence. Your straw man "other toxins" argument is silly and irrelevant. The fact the media commonly latches on to poorly-conceived studies regarding sausage and bacon is also entirely irrelevant. The existence of other shit that may or may not be linked to cancer doesn't make tobacco smoke any less obviously carcinogenic.

So, anyway...

I played D:OS:EE. It's still D:OS. I still can't figure out a way to take it seriously.

Zeriel

Arcane
You serious? That kind of shit "balance fix" is what made me lose interest in the original game. :negative:
:balance::swen:

Really? The game becoming way too easy with combos like that is what made me not finish it in the first place. I guess this is one battle they can't win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom