Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #74: Enhanced Edition - Before & After

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Then the game will still be shit, other than the combat.

Tigranes

Arcane
D:OS was never anything more than a hilarious sandbox with a focus on hilarious combat. That's fine, those things were well done enough to make the game great.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
D:OS was never anything more than a hilarious sandbox with a focus on hilarious combat. That's fine, those things were well done enough to make the game great.

So a great combat simulator, but a terrible cRPG..

Got it. RPG GOTY

Aenra

Such edge.

You might want to take the time and consider what it means for you, the edgy intellectual, to seek "depth" and "mental" inspiration..in gaems. Just might. Might also be, you wouldn't like where that train of thought lead you. The perils of discoveries, forever loomed high.

Tigranes

Arcane
So a great combat simulator, but a terrible cRPG..

Got it. RPG GOTY

I don't care what you call it, it doesn't change what it is, both strengths and weaknesses. Please go talk to a wall about what 'defines' an RPG.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Heh. Contain the butthurt, gentlemen. Never said I didn't like D:OS, I do. It's just funny that people regarded D:OS as the second coming of cRPG christ, when in fact, it is no more than just a combat simulator.

Nothing wrong with having combat as the strongpoint. But it shouldn't win you any rewards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So is the D:OS vs Wasteland 2 conflict the BG vs Fallout of the present?

Zeriel

Arcane
Is there a conflict? There are people who prefer Wasteland to D:OS here?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Yes me, and a lot of others I would assume. Based mainly on the setting/story.

If you took and implemented the Combat/encounter design/skills from D:OS into WL2, it would be an even more vastly superior title.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I prefer Wasteland. Divinity just turns into a boring diablo clone with turn based clombat after the first location. And dont get me started on writing and mini games during dialogues. This is just bad, I mean bethesda bad.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Let's see if the Enhanced Edition remedies much of what is disliked about D:OS... (And improves what is already good)

I hope so, it could be fuckin' great !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom