Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #67: Enhanced Edition Officially Announced

m_s0

Arcane
Good.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This whole deal just cements the notion that release is the new beta and that you have to wait for about 6 months to a year for the full release. Thankfully I haven't yet touched D:OS and while I was contemplating on starting POE, i won't. I'm pretty sure that Obsidian will also spit out an EE edition of sorts when they'll release the expansion.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I doubt that Obsidian will release enchanced edition of PoE. Sven is known for trying to fix their games if he's not satisfied, fargo needed some buzz for the console release but Obsidian has no reasons to make a fixed version of PoE. Especially since according to them game is fine as it is.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
This whole deal just cements the notion that release is the new beta and that you have to wait for about 6 months to a year for the full release. Thankfully I haven't yet touched D:OS and while I was contemplating on starting POE, i won't. I'm pretty sure that Obsidian will also spit out an EE edition of sorts when they'll release the expansion.
That is an aspect worth considering when stuff like EE actually are just a big update.
For the consumer and for the companies it will be a hard time to tell when it could be an update and when not.
And for D:OS I am relieved that it is for free! Anything else would have made me:butthurt:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt that Obsidian will release enchanced edition of PoE. Sven is known for trying to fix their games if he's not satisfied, fargo needed some buzz for the console release but Obsidian has no reasons to make a fixed version of PoE. Especially since according to them game is fine as it is.

They're releasing (at least) two expansions. Games with expansions usually get a complete edition containing all expansions at some point. Expansions usually include fixes (which can be ported to the non-expansion base game too of course), especially expansions for games designed by a certain balance-minded individual. So there's your EE.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

They're releasing (at least) two expansions. Games with expansions usually get a complete edition containing all expansions at some point. Expansions usually include fixes (which can be ported to the non-expansion base game too of course), especially expansions for games designed by a certain balance-minded individual. So there's your EE.

That's not an EE that would justify not playing the game after release.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, if you put it like that, it almost sounds like a good thing. :P

Ulrox

Arbiter

I find it quite hilarious how PoE slowly creeps itself into every, single, thread, on the codex. The Codex has become a giant PoE Disappointment support group. Where people come to learn how to deal with Obsidian not living up to the hype.

Buttom line - I'm not the only one who has mental problems on the codex it would seem. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it quite hilarious how PoE slowly creeps itself into every, single, thread, on the codex. The Codex has become a giant PoE Disappointment support group. Where people come to learn how to deal with Obsidian not living up to the hype.

Buttom line - I'm not the only one who has mental problems on the codex it would seem. :lol:

It's an after-effect of how I used to turn every thread into a discussion about Josh Sawyer.

Additionally he's already said it's very unlikely they'll be changing the encounters in the base game for the expansion. You'll just have to hope it's a Dragonfall-level quality xpac.

Lios

Cipher
as a european-thirdworldian, i have the utmost respect for Swen's economical gamble and so-far success even though they're Belgians
plus I would like to see Larian grow and become the equivalent of Bethesda for example, "Oh they totally fucked up after D:OS 2, they lost their soul" but at least they have money.
Yeah I loved D:OS THAT MUCH alpha-protocol style

That being said I imagine that the console UI is gonna be absolute shit and that by itself is a huge turn-off.
Voice-overs? I don't care at all.
Rewritten story with new ending? 95% gonna be the same shit or have shit alternatives.

New content story wise and character wise, I'll just wait and see of course.
Plus new music- if it's the same colors of awesome then I'm sold.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If you already made the mistake of buying PoE, you should play it, RTwP games don't work on consoles.

made

Arcane
Will this add the promised NPC schedules or were those axed altogether in favor of more essential features like AAA voice acting?

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted

This is a good plan but for the wrong reasons. PoE probably won't get an EE. They seem to be just patching out the items and abilities people like the most and squashing bugs. They have already said they will be releasing a totally not DLC expansion which will comprise of two separate DLC's. A free rework would be a strange decision for them to make after having already promised an expansion 2 DLC's

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Will this add the promised NPC schedules or were those axed altogether in favor of more essential features like AAA voice acting?
I guess that's a maybe. What they said in the interview is that NPC/day-nigh schedules would be in general a great thing to see in modern video games. Which may just mean he'd like to see it in any other game by any other developer. Or maybe they'll do it in their next game.

But it's still possible since it was on the plate, and they seem to want to try to make good on the KS promises.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
as a european-thirdworldian, i have the utmost respect for Swen's economical gamble and so-far success even though they're Belgians
plus I would like to see Larian grow and become the equivalent of Bethesda for example, "Oh they totally fucked up after D:OS 2, they lost their soul" but at least they have money.
Yeah I loved D:OS THAT MUCH alpha-protocol style

That being said I imagine that the console UI is gonna be absolute shit and that by itself is a huge turn-off.
Voice-overs? I don't care at all.
Rewritten story with new ending? 95% gonna be the same shit or have shit alternatives.

New content story wise and character wise, I'll just wait and see of course.
Plus new music- if it's the same colors of awesome then I'm sold.
I'm just waiting for the reworked economy. And any possible other gameplay (NOT UI) changes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What they said in the interview is that NPC/day-nigh schedules would be in general a great thing to see in modern video games. Which may just mean he'd like to see it in any other game by any other developer.

Bethesda games and the Witchers both do this so, uh...?

Who cares? The original barely ran on my above-system-requirements rig, even with streaming textures turned off. Diablo 3, shitty as it may be, runs perfectly; while only being a shred below it visually to my eyes. They should have optimized what they had. On a laptop that supports the requirements, the game should serve as more than a 40 gig paperweight, with 35+ minute load times. No game is more top-heavy, especially with those simple graphics. Even Bioshit ran better, and the big deal about environmental interaction started there, not with Original Sin, so perhaps when I can play past the first 30 minutes--which I've approximately put 12.5 hours into--I might revise my opinion.

After they revise their engine.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Sorry to disappoint you, by being on meds for mental issues is quite common around here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom