Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #67: Enhanced Edition Officially Announced

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't think that people complaining about the writing would like it more if it was bleak and serious. Larian is pretty good when things are whimsical, meh to shit when things are "epic", and absolutelly terrible when things are supposed to be dark and gritty.

Gicusan

Educated
I don't think that people complaining about the writing would like it more if it was bleak and serious. Larian is pretty good when things are whimsical, meh to shit when things are "epic", and absolutelly terrible when things are supposed to be dark and gritty.

I mostly agree with you but are you sure that "serious" is not one of the main complains? I heard it often around here in the last 2 years.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So. Um. What about gameplay? Skill balance? New skills? Better progression?

Watch the video, nigga.

Kids these days.
They do talk about revamping the economy in the RPS interview though, which is good.
Day/night cicles - NPC schedules? wait for the enhanced enhanced edition...
I don't think they meant they would do it, just that it would be nice to have a modern game with that. Though they could be doing it.

Oh nvm misread your post.

Last edited:

TomatoJuice

Educated
It's funny i actually want the full VO.

For me a mediocre story are better with VO because i can't be bothered to read boring written dialogue.
I love written text but only if it's engaging enough. It's just like a Books and Movies.

A good Actor or some good scenes can rescue a bad script. While the book has to stand on it's own.
A good book will always beat a good Movie. But a movie can be more entertaining than a bad book (even if it's in the so bad it's good category).

Aenra

Yeah, we all knew it, true. And i still cannae wait :)

When the genre begun delivering. I was there.
Proud member of the LARYAN race

:bro:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm mixed about this kind of stuff. On the one hand, hey it's free and a lot of cool improvements. On the other it makes me even less likely to D1P stuff... even incline stuff... for fear I'm still playing a beta version. While I enjoyed OS (never actually finished), it didn't strike me as the type of game I'd want to replay anytime soon. I guess if these changes are significant enough I'll give it a spin and maybe finish this time.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm mixed about this kind of stuff. On the one hand, hey it's free and a lot of cool improvements. On the other it makes me even less likely to D1P stuff... even incline stuff... for fear I'm still playing a beta version. While I enjoyed OS (never actually finished), it didn't strike me as the type of game I'd want to replay anytime soon. I guess if these changes are significant enough I'll give it a spin and maybe finish this time.
Yeah. Makes me glad I didn't back the KS, which is kind of a :|

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just dislike playing 'unfinished' games. Main reason I didn't touch Invisible, Inc. despite getting it via Humble a year ago. I did play Darkest Dungeons for quite a bit but have since put it aside.

Zeriel

Arcane
This is why I never play games at all. I mean, why bother when they're going to remake it in a decade?

I'll play the HD remake in 2035, thank you very much Swen.

Chunkyman

Augur
I've been waiting for the big update before I play it, so this full-on Enhanced Edition is a welcome announcement.

Hoping they add in day/night cycles to some effect.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is why I never play games at all. I mean, why bother when they're going to remake it in a decade?

I'll play the HD remake in 2035, thank you very much Swen.
Except it's been... a year?

Ulrox

Arbiter
Can't win with some of YOU PEOPLE

You may not be aware of it, but the whole codex is one big AI... There is no sentience here - you're the only one who is not an AI. We've all been studying you, figuring out if you're worthy of becoming a part of the hivemind.

If you're reading this bioware, im awailable for hire as a storywriter - you'd love me, exept everything would be mind flayers, everywhere!, everything!

I need my meds...

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
now i dont feel bad about not finishing D:OS or Wasteland2, they can suck a cock while i work on underrail and then maybe i wont worry about "Incline" being planed in the wrong axis

Zeronet

Learned
Underrail unfinished is better than WL2 in it's current state. Anyhow, i guess i'll pick up Divinity EE. I'm afraid to say i actually like grimdark and edgy games so the apparent whimsy put me off.

Last edited:

m_s0

Arcane
Yeah. Makes me glad I didn't back the KS, which is kind of a :|
I don't regret getting the game since this upgrade is going to be free, but I'm glad I didn't have the time to play it yet. Same exact thing with Wasteland 2. I really hope Obsidian won't pull this shit pretty much immediately after release and they'll focus on new stuff instead, because I just don't have the kind of time on my hands to be playing the same huge game twice in a row, basically. Nor do I want to do that with so many games I want to play coming out.

First world problems.

imweasel

The PC version will have two different UIs for controllers and KB + M. I think we all knew that Swen would never sell out, but it is nice to have this confirmation anyway.

:smug:

ig5oJKh.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/project.../posts/1229909?cursor=9881444#comment-9881443

wdolH3H.png

(Raze is Larian's community manager)
http://www.lar.net/2015/05/15/enhanced-edition/#comment-2027779015

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom