Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Released

Weasel
So when will the text on the DOS tag be changed to "who the fuck is Greg Martin_?"

Black

Arcane
Release day my balls, no manual, no Kirill's soundtrack.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
This is the code displayed in the Codex' Vault account:

If you create a profile in the game and it asks you for a Kickstarter backer code, please use the following unique, personal code. You can select this code and then copy it. You can paste it by clicking the small green button in the game next to the input box.

This will work in the release version only, not the beta version.​

I'm assuming it's the rpgcodex.net stuff. Someone try it and let me know (and I'm assuming multiple people can use this code, right?).

picard-facepalm3.jpg

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is the code displayed in the Codex' Vault account:

If you create a profile in the game and it asks you for a Kickstarter backer code, please use the following unique, personal code. You can select this code and then copy it. You can paste it by clicking the small green button in the game next to the input box.

This will work in the release version only, not the beta version.​

I'm assuming it's the rpgcodex.net stuff. Someone try it and let me know (and I'm assuming multiple people can use this code, right?).

picard-facepalm3.jpg
If expressing how dumb that was in words doesn't work, why does that picture use words to explain it?

:hmmm:

Also, that code is confirmed as the way to get the Full Codex Experience™ in D:OS. It's our duty to ensure as many people get that experience as possible.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
If expressing how dumb that was in words doesn't work, why does that picture use words to explain it?

:hmmm:

Also, that code is confirmed as the way to get the Full Codex Experience™ in D:OS. It's our duty to ensure as many people get that experience as possible.

This picture was also meant to educate. Share the answer with your friends when you figure it out. /sarcasm

By posting the key in the forum you made sure that larian will receive less money from selling DOS! :salute:

Angthoron

Arcane
Meanwhile, I got a dozen friends try the game and they're each getting a decent amout of their friends to buy it now.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
By posting the key in the forum you made sure that larian will receive less money from selling DOS! :salute:
Larian are selling the Codex add-ins? I expect to see a cut of the royalties.
Distributing a key in a forum=selling? How?
I mean Larian are selling the Codex add-ins. The only way to get the Codex add-ins are with the code.

There's no other way to get the Codex add-ins, right? Message in a bottle, conversation, Andyman pet etc...? Right?

So to get the Full Codex Experience™ in D:OS, you need the code, right?

And we want as many people to have those Codex add-ins as possible, right? So we want lots of people to have that code. I mean, that's the whole fucking point of this shit, right? To share it around? Let others experience your message and stuff. That was certainly the point when we developed the Codex ideas.

Are you with me so far? Stop me if this is getting too confusing for you.

Now if Larian are selling the Codex message in a bottle and stuff, then the Codex should get a cut of the royalties for helping develop them. However, they aren't, are they?

You can't get this shit any other way. Can you?

Right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
l3loodAngel

The Codex's code isn't DLC. It's an exclusive perk that Larian made for us, that we're distributing at our discretion.

Arkeus

Arcane
Wait, what is in this exclusive perk? I used my own KS backer code when i created my profile- this one is different?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I will do my part and spread this code to Cheap Ass Gamer forum. GLORY TO CODEXIA!

Turjan

Arcane
The Codex's code isn't DLC. It's an exclusive perk that Larian made for us, that we're distributing at our discretion.

The code identified my game as a Kickstarter game, that's where the confusion comes from.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
l3loodAngel

Plus I get to be told I have the Kickstarter edition and that I rock at startup, even though I actually bought it during the Steam sale. Cop that Larian, you got scammed, I get free undeserved self esteem boosts!!

Ivan

Arcane
Can anyone clarify the difference between using our own ks codes and the codex's? Furthermore, can we "stack" the codex one on top of the ks one?

Divinity: Original Sin
about these codes, if I play with my personal code and Co-op with a friend and he uses the codex code, will our game have both codex code/my code references???

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Doesn't appear to work in wine yet, even with winetricks d3dx9_36

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Fuck me, I used my own backer code. I'll just make a degenerate Kodexian profile then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom