Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
700k so far sounds about right.

jdinatale

Cipher
Still no sales update from Larian? It's still consistently in the top 5, and I don't think I've ever seen it off the front page.

Maybe 750k+

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Million or bust.
Definitely possible. This game has fully broken into mainstream. Here in Poland even tech/geek/gadget sites are covering it, and they only review maybe 20-30 games a year, the most high-profile ones usually.

90% of the comments below these articles are positive too.

And this is despite the fact there is no Polish translation available as of yet.

Darkzone

Arcane
Definitely possible. This game has fully broken into mainstream. Here in Poland even tech/geek/gadget sites are covering it, and they only review maybe 20-30 games a year, the most high-profile ones usually.

90% of the comments below these articles are positive too.

And this is despite the fact there is no Polish translation available as of yet.

Nice to hear. The same will then probably be in the entire of north- south- center- east- europe. With poland as the leading geese or indicator for this countries. Naturally with the usual exceptions.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice to hear. The same will then probably be in the entire of north- south- center- east- europe. With poland as the leading geese or indicator for this countries. Naturally with the usual exceptions.
More like Germany. Much bigger market, and Larian games usually do the best there.

Darkzone

Arcane
Yes Germany was always Larians turf, therefore it is a an indicator misplaced. And in the previous history Germany did not managed to sell Larian to other nations. I think that eh announcement for the translation in Russian and Polish did quite good this job.
While polish language is not much spoken beyond poland's borders, is russian wide spread as a known language. Naturally english is the modern lingua franca.
MicoSelva who does the translation and publication work for the polish language? Is it CD Projects or Larian intern?

Divinity: Original Sin
Finally
txrxslt.jpg

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still waiting for my game from KS and a game & t-shirt from the Codex drive!! :x I did receive the art book and signed poster in two separate mailings so you guys should get it... eventually.

Darkzone

Arcane
Then Panie norolimski, please tell to the CD Projekt:
Do roboty panowie. Bo Życie stygnie.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yes Germany was always Larians turf, therefore it is a an indicator misplaced. And in the previous history Germany did not managed to sell Larian to other nations. I think that eh announcement for the translation in Russian and Polish did quite good this job.
While polish language is not much spoken beyond poland's borders, is russian wide spread as a known language. Naturally english is the modern lingua franca.
MicoSelva who does the translation and publication work for the polish language? Is it CD Projects or Larian intern?
Divinity 2 was already localized, as are most games here, so this is nothing new.

CD Projekt (note: not CD Projekt RED) is doing the translation, which is probably the reason why it is not done yet. :P

norolim

Arcane

OK. Just called them to communicate your message. The answer was: „Pocałuj się w dupę”
Anything else you'd like me to pass on?

CD Projekt (note: not CD Projekt RED) is doing the translation, which is probably the reason why it is not done yet. :P
I'd guess, the main reason is that Larian provided CDP with the files for localisation on the day of release. You know, because that's when Larian stopped working on them... for a while.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I'd guess, the main reason is that Larian provided CDP with the files for localisation on the day of release. You know, because that's when Larian stopped working on them... for a while.
It has not stopped French, German and Russian translation from being done...

Granted, French and German could have been done in-house (no idea if it was), but Russian started in the same spot as Polish.

Darkzone

Arcane

OK. Just called them to communicate your message. The answer was: „Pocałuj się w dupę”
Anything else you'd like me to pass on?

No wonder that they are not ready yet, if the only answer they could give is of this kind. But you can tell them that i'm not that flexible, and it would be a customer service if they would do it for me, but for that they have to wait in line.
Polish maybe not that important, if we look at the willingness of the polish to learn other 'western' languages. Perhaps they want to do all written text to voice acting.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, well look what finally arrived today...:hug:

100_6653 (800x600).jpg

Unfortunately, it only contained the one game so I'm hoping to receive the second copy and t-shirt from the Codex drive soon.

Cadmus

Arcane
Well, well look what finally arrived today...:hug:

View attachment 3890

Unfortunately, it only contained the one game so I'm hoping to receive the second copy and t-shirt from the Codex drive soon.
Oh my gosh, you should totally make an unboxing video!!!1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom