Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin has sold 160,000 copies, already approaching profitability

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Well I received something from Larian today... but it wasn't my boxed copy!! :argh:It was just the poster, the least interesting physical item I was looking forward to!!!! How long are they taking on vacation because I emailed them directly over a week ago to their Larian email and Kickstarter email but haven't heard a thing. Not that I feel like an entitled :patriot:after spending A LOT OF MONEY (both here and on KS) but... man the wait is killing me!! ForkTong?!!!!!! Stop bathing in and lighting cigars with all those $100 greenbacks or Euros and help a fellow out, huh?

Game is GREAT by the way and this will in no way deter me from throwing more money at them in the future :bro:

I believe all physicals have been sent out. We had a dozen or so items left that we sent out on July 18.

There are a couple of dozen items that are still waiting for the KS backers to fill in their addresses, but other than those, we've sent everything... :l

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe all physicals have been sent out. We had a dozen or so items left that we sent out on July 18.

There are a couple of dozen items that are still waiting for the KS backers to fill in their addresses, but other than those, we've sent everything... :l

:outrage:, nah just kidding.

Thanks for replying on your much deserved vacation... :bro:!! I've had my info filled out at the Larian Vault for a long time so that shouldn't be an issue besides the poster was mailed correctly. When should I start to worry and call out the Belgian Militia?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well I received something from Larian today... but it wasn't my boxed copy!! :argh:It was just the poster
I'm surprised, my poster was in the box. The only item that wasn't was the artbook in fact, presumably because it's too big to fit in there. I did get the book and the box within days of each other, so if you just got the poster the rest should be following soon.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well I received something from Larian today... but it wasn't my boxed copy!! :argh:It was just the poster
I'm surprised, my poster was in the box. The only item that wasn't was the artbook in fact, presumably because it's too big to fit in there. I did get the book and the box within days of each other, so if you just got the poster the rest should be following soon.
Where are you loacated? My poster came in a package tube so no folds which is nice.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Uh guys anybody who ordered 2 copies willing to part with one? On the Larian site they sold out on the collector edition already and I really wanted my boxed copy after all :(

:Flash:

Arcane
Where are you loacated? My poster came in a package tube so no folds which is nice.

I think those are two different posters. The poster in the box which Swen held into the camera and said "well you can iron it" and the extra signed poster?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I got my boxed copy (STEAM version). It's possible they are still in transit for the rest of the US?

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
Did you request a non-Steam disc, mindx2 ? I think they said those would come a bit later...

I did change on my Larian Vault from Steam to GOG (just a few days prior to release since I got an extra download from the Codex fundraiser) but ForkTong earlier stated that all physical copies have been sent out. I also just checked my poster and it is signed by the team, pretty cool! :cool: Didn't even know I was getting that. :D

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
D:OS reached its peak for today and it couldn't break 20,000. You should know by now how I feel about this. :)

Weasel
D:OS reached its peak for today and it couldn't break 20,000. You should know by now how I feel about this. :)

Although after the last couple of weekends I see you've wisely switched to reporting after the fact rather than predicting :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Concurrent player number doesn't mean shit. How hard can it be to get this in your thick skill?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Concurrent player number doesn't mean shit. How hard can it be to get this in your thick skill?
It means fewer people are playing. I'm looking forward to when it hits a maximum of four digits but that's going to take a while.

Zeriel

Arcane
It means fewer people are playing. I'm looking forward to when it hits a maximum of four digits but that's going to take a while.

It's almost like a singleplayer game's concurrent player count decreases predictably over time as people finish it and never play it again. Hmm.

Raapys

Arcane
Why? Do you get orgasms out of people finishing a game?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
people finish it and never play it again.

people finishing a game?

Being finished with something and finishing it are two different things. Half the people who have D:OS have gone so far as to find the teleporting pyramids. 8.7% have actually made it out of Cyseal. 1.7% finished it. Most people are just fucking around and moving on.

Raapys

Arcane
people finish it and never play it again.

people finishing a game?

Being finished with something and finishing it are two different things. Half the people who have D:OS have gone so far as to find the teleporting pyramids. 8.7% have actually made it out of Cyseal. 1.7% finished it. Most people are just fucking around and moving on.
Sure, as is the case with any game. My question was more about why this gives you pleasure.

Raapys

Arcane
Sure, as is the case with any game. My question was more about why this gives you pleasure.
Larian doesn't make games the way I prefer them.
I could see this being an argument for taking pleasure in seeing high-budget shit like TES games fail, since dumbing down, mass appeal, etc. Lots of reasons to dislike. But Larian? An independent developer making niche games(with the possible exception of Divinity2)?

If D:OS had failed, they'd have gone bankrupt and a relatively minor player would be gone from the scene with few people caring or even knowing about it. I would have thought 'indifference' to be a more appropriate response to D:OS failing/succeeding, given that it's not your cup of tea. It's not like this (apparent) success is suddenly gonna make the market flood over with D:OS clones instead of games you'd prefer. At "worst", we'll have some more games trying out environment/spell interaction systems similar to D:OS, which I think anyone would appreciate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom