Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

ArchAngel

Arcane
I quit DOS1 also before ending it. I did the Ice area whole and then started doing quests in the forest area and at one point the whole thing got so boring I stopped playing it and never went back.

And then when I read DOS2 has worse combat, I never bothered to play that as well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I got to the end of Luculla mines the first time I played it too. Never bothered to get out of Cyseal after that for the EE. There are many issues that pile on top of each other to make the whole game feel pointless the further you get into it.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I started EE several times but dropped it very early switching to something else. This time I'm going to stick with it. The changes aren't so bad - it's just a pity they've cut so many fun skills. I miss Phoenix Dive and Tactical Retreat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, fully patched classic went through enough balance patches to make it perfectly acceptable.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just play classic instead, it's miles better without all of the decline that was added in EE.
Yeah, I played classic and it was OK. So I'll probably replay it later.

The EE looks a bit like a wasted opportunity. Their efforts at rebalancing mostly failed. You can't be LW+GC anymore (TBH, I could never understand why people bitched about that combo so much) and Scoundrel is p. lackluster now, but Marksman/Scoundrel obliterates everything from the get-go. In most cases, Oath of Desecration -> Power Stance -> Fast Track -> Adrenaline -> Splintered Arrow -> Ricochet is enough to clear half an encounter in two turns. Adding insult to injury, Splintered Arrow and special arrows are fixed AP cost, so feel free to equip an xbow that is 1-2 levels higher than your character level for extra pwnage. If such things are OK, they could as well leave overpowered stuff from classic as it was.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I tried playing this and it seems alright but holy shit the movement speed out of combat is obnoxious. Who the fuck thought it would be fun to walk around at snail's pace.. Not about to spend 80 hours waiting for my character to walk from point a to b..
Is there some kind of cheat that boosts movement speed by like 400%? I saw a mod that does 30% but that's still WAY too slow

bloodlover

Arcane
Hello. I got this one on Steam with the recent and I've played it for like 10 hours or so. Made my initial party with a cleric + wayfarer and then I picked up the fighter chick and mage. Anyway, things are fine so far but my issue is with wayfarers. It feels like she is a weaker version of archers tbh. Yeah, that spider helps a lot in the early game but other than that. Idk maybe she picks up later.

I was thinking of re-rolling with a cleric + witch thingy or mage or something. Any tips or tricks?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hello. I got this one on Steam with the recent and I've played it for like 10 hours or so. Made my initial party with a cleric + wayfarer and then I picked up the fighter chick and mage. Anyway, things are fine so far but my issue is with wayfarers. It feels like she is a weaker version of archers tbh. Yeah, that spider helps a lot in the early game but other than that. Idk maybe she picks up later.

I was thinking of re-rolling with a cleric + witch thingy or mage or something. Any tips or tricks?
I had a lot of fun with a pure marksman, those special arrows basically provide all the environmental interactions of all spell schools without the point investment, and that's on top of the dedicated marksman skills, which are also fun. Alternatively, try to cover as many of the element spells as you can, as most of the fun lies in manipulating the battlefield imo. Rain + stun is a devastating combo throughout.
Is there some kind of cheat that boosts movement speed by like 400%? I saw a mod that does 30% but that's still WAY too slow
I used this one, it lets you choose from several speed multipliers:https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/66/
Looks ridiculous though. :M

Last edited:

Kalasanty11

Learned
Is there some kind of cheat that boosts movement speed by like 400%?
Personally, I use Cheat Engine to boost movement speed outside combat and turn it off when it begins. Can be used in all games, many guys are using it in Underrail for example.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Is there some kind of cheat that boosts movement speed by like 400%?
Personally, I use Cheat Engine to boost movement speed outside combat and turn it off when it begins. Can be used in all games, many guys are using it in Underrail for example.

I need to get familiar with CE, can do so many cool things.

Especially moving around in games seems designed to waste your time. Some 40 hour game can be 8 hours if you just up the movement speed

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I tried playing this and it seems alright but holy shit the movement speed out of combat is obnoxious. Who the fuck thought it would be fun to walk around at snail's pace.. Not about to spend 80 hours waiting for my character to walk from point a to b..

They were trying to emulate that Baldur's Gate 1 feel.

Shadenuat

Arcane
And judging by LPs I watched, that seriously tones the fuck down the amphetamine rush which is rtwp combat with running like in PoE. Things actually seem paced so you can even give some orders without pausing every 0.2 seconds.

I'd take it. It's not like I am going anywhere, and gives more time to make tea.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

And judging by LPs I watched, that seriously tones the fuck down the amphetamine rush which is rtwp combat with running like in PoE. Things actually seem paced so you can even give some orders without pausing every 0.2 seconds.

But RtwP is an unholy abomination that should be killed with blessed water. The games that use RtwP are good DESPITE that awful combat system.

Shadenuat

Arcane
fuck wrong thread :lol:
point stands though, slow walking is not that bad.

The games that use RtwP are good DESPITE that awful combat system.
:lol:

well that escalated quickly, and I didn't even want to!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, were you very satisfied when you found that Generic Sword of Randomness +1 when you caught the jumping chest? That was riveting. How about Generic Axe of Randomness +2 in a basket somewhere? Panty-wetting.

DragoFireheart

Does anyone use the voiced NPCs as their number 3/4 party members? Or do you use the generic ones?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
lone

wolf

not interested in micromanaging stats/skills/gear/etc on 4+ party members fuck that

I heard wolfy trait sucks on EE edition since you can't mix it with Glass Cannon.

Still worth it?

idk I played on normal difficulty and was caster w/ summon spells so it wasn't bad.. non summoner would prob have issues tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom