Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Black

Arcane
And yet it's not 11/10 GOTY for all time?
Was it published by EA or Bethesda? No? There ye go!
Potatoes have own eurogamer?
I just found out. How bizarre. I don't even want it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I just found out. How bizarre. I don't even want it.

True that, I abandoned all potato sites, especially gaming because they're cesspool and fueled by doritos.
Fuck, they don't even cared about whole drama with dorito and MountainDew obscura! What a shithole...

My guess is Polish version which will be done by CD PRoject instead of larian
http://dystrybucja.cdp.pl/game/3366/Divinity_Original_Sin
Thus req more time as larian only recently added voices in game.

Okkk....... but why they didn't just release it at global time (30 June) and add translation later? They did it with GOG games recently where Polish version become avaliable again.
Not to mention D:OS is not avaliable in their shop (cdp.pl) while other shops have preorders already.

Ramireza

Savant
So, is this the closest thing to an Ultima game, as it's been "branded"? I'm really curious about this game.

Its good enough to stand for its own. It didnt need the the reference to overrated shit like Ultima.

Perkel

Arcane
So, is this the closest thing to an Ultima game, as it's been "branded"? I'm really curious about this game.

I started game, killed two ogres, talked with chicken, broke my weapons hitting door, dug grave in city to be killed by owner of this grave.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Its good enough to stand for its own. It didnt need the the reference to overrated shit like Ultima.

Well, the thing is, I wanted to play something like Ultima, recently, other than Ultima itself. Thus, I just wanted to know the extent of the similarities between Original Sin and Ultima, since the former has brought up the latter quite a few times (with or without reason).

Perkel

Arcane
Okkk....... but why they didn't just release it at global time (30 June) and add translation later? They did it with GOG games recently where Polish version become avaliable again.
Not to mention D:OS is not avaliable in their shop (cdp.pl) while other shops have preorders already.

Because if it is CDPR they will try to sell game via normal retail channels with all bells and whistles. I fully expect CDPR funding big PR campaign for Divinity OS in major retailers.

They can't write on box PL without game being actually PL. Retailers wouldn't stock game that way.

outraged_potato.png
loves cRPGs

They also own GOG but GOG isn't Polish site for polish consumers. Native client for GOG is English speaking customer thus they can release there 30th without problems and add later different language via their installer.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
How developed are the 2 existing companions in the game? in terms of interactions, etc.

I never get far in the beta so i never get to try them out.

bonescraper

RPG Watch got this great achievement:

the_watch.jpg

And what did we get? Nothing.

Order cancelled.

Arkeus

Arcane
Something weird just happened, on the Larian vault ten minutes ago i had my two copies of Original Sin (not available yet), and suddenly i have only one of them, and it's apparently already 'delivered' on Steam without me having done anything (i did get my EA unlocked on steam a couple of months back, but...)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In the "Your Choices and Input" section you could've chosen either steam or GOG in the case of all of the copies you were entitled to. A couple of hours ago there was still a possibility to switch between steam and gog, but it seems like it's gone now.

grotsnik

Arcane
Same here - and the 2nd copy's vanished too. I expect it's just a fuck-up; it says right at the top of the KS page that the key system is set up so that having used EA won't prohibit you from choosing GOG instead upon full release.

Black

Arcane
Why must murka's retardation affect me and my games, this is bullshit.

bonescraper

Why must murka's retardation affect me and my games, this is bullshit.
It doesn't have to. That's most likey Larian's decission (summer sale). I recently bought Sniper Elite 3 and to my surprise it unlocked at midnight Potato time.

EDIT: Fuck you Roksor.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have played the brilliant beta recently again, i realy cant wait to get my hands on the full version. But i have 1 big concern : The Music. Some of the tunes are realy realy great, but a few didnt realy fit to the gameworld/situation. I mean if i am in a tomb (like the tutorial tomb) and i hearing a nice, warm happy-happy-joy-joy tune my imersion gets killed totaly. In general the placement of the music feels totaly random. I realy hope this is NOT the case in the Final version.
I hope they fix this issue because music is one of the most important thing to me.

Larian said in an update that Kiril had some serious illness and couldn't work on the music for a period of time. This also might be a factor in this issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom