Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Black

Arcane
Any advice on character builds beyond one character with water/air and the other with earth/fire?
You're reaching dangerously close to DOS global chat, brah.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, when is the game playable in its full glory and when does it start accepting my KS code? God damn it, I want to get it going already.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
CE still hasn't been shipped out and it's now almost 10:10 in Belgium. Stop lazing around I want my CE D:

Ramireza

Savant
I have played the brilliant beta recently again, i realy cant wait to get my hands on the full version. But i have 1 big concern : The Music. Some of the tunes are realy realy great, but a few didnt realy fit to the gameworld/situation. I mean if i am in a tomb (like the tutorial tomb) and i hearing a nice, warm happy-happy-joy-joy tune my imersion gets killed totaly. In general the placement of the music feels totaly random. I realy hope this is NOT the case in the Final version.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
So I had a quick pop around in the beta. It was pretty good.

Any advice on character builds beyond one character with water/air and the other with earth/fire?
Double Air character is a must due to Teleporting. Even if they nerfed the damage, the positional advantage it gives is priceless. Rest is up to you.

Nobody has played mid or endgame so nobody knows how well strats scale to other acts.

CE still hasn't been shipped out and it's now almost 10:10 in Belgium. Stop lazing around I want my CE D:
We should totally be able to get out GOG keys from Larian Vault already :(

IIRC it's 10am MURRICAN time, so around 7pm CET.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane
I have received the keys and will be sending them out today. I actually got them yesterday, but after a random Codexer tested it, we couldn't figure whether it overwrote Beta access, or if the now-full key will also disappear from Steam as some type of unexpected bug, so I decided to postpone it in order not to fuck up the launch day for you guys.

No worries though, there's enough keys for everyone that donated, and I even have some GOG keys for those that requested them specifically. I'm at work, but as soon as there's a quiet spot, I'll start sending.

Arkeus

Arcane
Forktong said:
At the dawn of the release day, my heart is filled with different emotions and my head is filled with a million thoughts and ideas and entries on a mental to-do-list.

However, I am taking a five minute break from all that to thank this forum, and our Kickstarter backers.

You may not always have noticed it, but we have been reading your comments, criticism, suggestions, bug reports, usability reports etc. Raze has been gathering them every single day and sent them along.

Even if we didn't always reply, and even if it's not immediately clear, a lot of stuff in the game is the way it is, or has changed, thanks to you guys.

Even a lot of things were ideas or suggestions from one of you we almost literally implemented. It often takes a fresh mind to spot solutions. We are often held back by "but that's impossible because..." even if only in the back of our heads.

Know and realize that without you, this game would not be in the state that it is in now. Today, you can be as proud of this creation as we are.

We love you too ForkTong

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Potatoes have own eurogamer?
Wat.
Rivals for GOL?

And what is this thing - if you bought it in potato shop they send you key 18 July? Then where is advantage of global market (digital downloads and that kind of crap)?

Well, at least it's cheaper (15€)...

Perkel

Arcane
And what is this thing - if you bought it in potato shop they send you key 18 July? Then where is advantage of global market (digital downloads and that kind of crap)?

Well, at least it's cheaper (15€)...

My guess is Polish version which will be done by CD PRoject instead of larian
http://dystrybucja.cdp.pl/game/3366/Divinity_Original_Sin

Thus req more time as larian only recently added voices in game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom