Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

hiver

Anyone up for some multiplayer tonight?

Say about an hour or two from - right now?

jdinatale

Cipher
Hey, does anyone know how to move the alter inside the church? I revealed the two paintings and hit the button, but apparently I'm suppose to find more switches somewhere...

Hassat Hunter

Educated
They will release a patch today to fix the crashing issues...
So I'm waiting for that to continue on.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
They will release a patch today to fix the crashing issues...
So I'm waiting for that to continue on.

Did they happen mention anything about the music and sounds, or is it just the crashing (which hasn't happened to me)?

Hassat Hunter

Educated
Hotfix 1.0.239's out...

Hello everybody!

Thanks to your feedback we managed to isolate a couple of crashes which were affecting a lot of players. This hot fix (which does not affect your save games) should fix these problems.

- Fixed big crash issue related to effects
- Possible fix for missing icons and portraits
- Fixed picking issues for characters
- Fixed crash in action machines
- Fixed crash in MultiEffectHandler

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Has anyone had any experience with the Lone Wolf trait? I'm considering taking it and Raistlin to make a true glass cannon mage. Last time I tried it though I didn't seem to be getting any stat bonuses on level-up. Has that changed since?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has anyone had any experience with the Lone Wolf trait? I'm considering taking it and Raistlin to make a true glass cannon mage. Last time I tried it though I didn't seem to be getting any stat bonuses on level-up. Has that changed since?
I think you get an extra ability bonus on level, not a stat bonus. That's what I'm getting, at any rate.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, that's probably it. D&D terminology causes me to associate stat and ability as the same thing.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You do seem to get more health out of it as well, I'd say it's worth it for a fighter and if you're thinking of not using henchmen.
Has anyone tried that, by the way, not using henchmen?

Gicusan

Educated
Finished the beta and it felt good, very good. No more than 10 crashes and 1000 bugs but that is a risk I accepted when staring to beta test this game. I hope they will be able to kill as many bugs as possible. I hope there is room to improve the dialogue here and there. it is good mostly but it can be better. Love the humor in the game. I find myself laughing alone which gets me strange looks from my wife.

It took me a few hours of looking everywhere for a way to continue past Cyseal until I figured out that this is all for now. I need more cure and I need it soon. I would take this buggy beta over 99% of the games I played in the last 10 years (replaying older not included but comparable). This limited beta is way better than Wasteland and Eternity will ever be. I just hope they will not concede on people asking to make it more simple, make it easier, make it papamole. You are making history here Sven, dont sell yourselves short. And solve that repair mechanic. I dont like it. Let me love the items I want to love. I can accept that life aint fair, but this is not exactly reality. Don't make it simple, make it possible for me to love them for some longer time.

Thanks Larian.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
ffs fucking arhu attacks me for no reason when talking to him a second time.

Gicusan

Educated
yes. is creepy bad?

Lemme guess. Bioware fan, right?

Of course. I like "bio" stuff. I loved Baldur's Gate, it was the first RPG I played. KOTOR was good. I found Neverwinter bearable. I studied the decline in Dragon Age and Mass Effect but they were not finished.

You are stupid, Outlander. I don't know if you are stupid all the time or it happened but you've just been stupid. I would take a creepy disposition for some Original Sin items or any creepiness in general to avoid having your low, 2 digits, vengeful without reason, IQ. I know, you now would like me to explain why I called you stupid. Guys of your type always have to know why, because they already have their doubts about themselves. But I am not going to waste my time. I do not believe it is curable. Stupidity is like a disease. And it is viral. I already spent too much time on you. I am going to play some Original Sin, maybe I have not contacted too much of your disease.

And yes, Delterius, the original version could have been called dismissive. I apologize. Is Outlander the usual punishment for dismissive, one word posts around the Codex?

Last edited:

Stabbey

Learned

Was he there in both human and cat form? because in co-op last night we ran into a bug like that that killed our game because as soon as my partner said "goodbye" to Arhu-human, Arhu Cat initiated combat and combat kept repeatedly starting twice a second constantly, it was impossible to do anything or hear anything over the sound of the fight noise starting.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
he was in catform, i talked to him and bought his stuff, then after finishing dialogue he polymorphs and initiates combat by frying one of my chars. upon encountering it i restarted and just sorta ran to him to see if it would still happen and it does happen in new game too.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Was he there in both human and cat form? because in co-op last night we ran into a bug like that that killed our game because as soon as my partner said "goodbye" to Arhu-human, Arhu Cat initiated combat and combat kept repeatedly starting twice a second constantly, it was impossible to do anything or hear anything over the sound of the fight noise starting.

I've also met two Arhus (cat and human at the same time) and somehow survived that encounter. Nothing happened, I traded with both of them and left. Once he (in human form) initiated combat because I 'insulted' him by offering less gold than the item was worth.

Finished the beta and it felt good, very good. No more than 10 crashes and 1000 bugs but that is a risk I accepted when staring to beta test this game. I hope they will be able to kill as many bugs as possible. I hope there is room to improve the dialogue here and there. it is good mostly but it can be better. Love the humor in the game. I find myself laughing alone which gets me strange looks from my wife.

It took me a few hours of looking everywhere for a way to continue past Cyseal until I figured out that this is all for now. I need more cure and I need it soon. I would take this buggy beta over 99% of the games I played in the last 10 years (replaying older not included but comparable). This limited beta is way better than Wasteland and Eternity will ever be. I just hope they will not concede on people asking to make it more simple, make it easier, make it papamole. You are making history here Sven, dont sell yourselves short. And solve that repair mechanic. I dont like it. Let me love the items I want to love. I can accept that life aint fair, but this is not exactly reality. Don't make it simple, make it possible for me to love them for some longer time.

Thanks Larian.

The repair mechanics is the same as in the first Divinity game - annoying and broken because you can always find or buy other weapon before the current one is broken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom