Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Insect

Arcane
With all this stuff about players trying to kill each other, it reminds me of Paranoia.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They should have analytics data - I mean, the doubled down on the multiplayer for the EE / console version, so I assume, their metrics supported that, or Sven just liked it himself.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, I forgot to mention, in the talk he said a third of players played multiplayer. Of course I don't know for how long.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
The metrics were shows at some point, multiplayer full games was ridiculously low, can't remember but below 10 to 5% for sure.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Oh, I forgot to mention, in the talk he said a third of players played multiplayer. Of course I don't know for how long.
Interesting but yea, weight that percentage by time played and then we'll have real information.

SniperHF

Arcane

I played about half of Cyseal in MP. It got really clusterfucky whenever we needed to do inventory cleanup/buy items and what not. A lot of hurry up and wait.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The metrics were shows at some point, multiplayer full games was ridiculously low, can't remember but below 10 to 5% for sure.

Full game as in "played the game completely through in multiplayer"? And 5-10% off all players or of all who finished the game?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
How many people actually played original sin multiplayer? I think the market that they are pitching too is simply not there.

I think it is:

Just went through the start in coop for a hour or two

Finished. Definetely a much, much better single-player game than CO-OP game.

Also, I can't shake the feeling that the coop netcode in the EE is way worse than in the base gaem.

I'd like to ask you guys, how does the Coop connection works in the GOG version? When the game was released the Steam version was superior in this regard, because you could easily join in to others, while you had to fiddle around with IPs and shit in the GOG version.

About to start my first playthrough, will be coop.

Played few hours long local coop session with my brother. Tactician mode.

I am playing with a controller as I'm playing co-op with the misses

Initial impressions are quite favourable playing co-op over lan.

I tried the PC version, but will restart on PS4 so that I can play local co-op with my brother.

Played original version in co-op, and crafted weapons were almost always better then ones in shops and chests.

Me too - enhanced coop replay incoming.

Finally some decent local coop crpg i can play with my girl.

That's the crème de la crème of our forums, all playing the game in co-op. If even the opinion makers on the Codex don't care about single player anymore, why should Larian?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played vanilla in single player and I have a save file for EE in single player. Bought console EE to play with my brother. I would not have played it in co-op with anyone else. For me, the single player experience is still the most important factor.

agris

Arcane
Patron
That's the crème de la crème of our forums, all playing the game in co-op. If even the opinion makers on the Codex don't care about single player anymore, why should Larian?

Because if you poll the number of distinct users who posted in the DOS thread and played it, and the number who played it MP are ~10% or less, it's a waste of resources.

Also, crème de la crème?

:nocountryforshitposters:

Mustawd

They have an incoming GM mode (which I'm guessing will be part for single player modules bit also for modules to play with friends) as well as a good amount of resources to play on consoles.

To me they've already made the investment in multiplayer. It'd be dumb not to play and hype it up.

However, I am not sure I want the AI doing all the dumb "competitive rpg" shenanigans if I'm playing single player. So I do hope to hear more about that. Cuz being poisoned by a red-dyed potion can be fun with ypur friends, but might get old of done by your companions...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If even the opinion makers on the Codex don't care about single player anymore, why should Larian?

To be fair, we stopped our Coop playthrough about halfway through because it was insufferable. If they worked out the kinks though, the interest is there.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

After recovering from an attack of the vapours brought on by such praise from Bubbles I have to admit that co-op didn't proceed as smoothly as anticipated. Both of us wanted to go our own separate ways and imho playing in co-op limited the freedom to play the game that I wanted, even though it was initially quite a novelty. In the end it just became a chore. Also, I never completed D:OS because I found it just too dull.

INB4 you backed D:OS2. Yes, but Swen could sell me my own clothes and I'd be grateful for the opportunity to buy them again.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Its simply another niche market theyre adressing. For some it will actually influence their decision wether to buy this game or not.

The only direct competition in that sector are the infinity games.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
How many people actually played original sin multiplayer? I think the market that they are pitching too is simply not there.

I think it is:

Just went through the start in coop for a hour or two

I'd like to ask you guys, how does the Coop connection works in the GOG version? When the game was released the Steam version was superior in this regard, because you could easily join in to others, while you had to fiddle around with IPs and shit in the GOG version.

Played few hours long local coop session with my brother. Tactician mode.

That's the crème de la crème of our forums

The people I've left are enormous shitposters that deserve to be hanged on one huge gallow in front of the rest of codex cheering.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Writing stuff - elves all speak in the present tense, because they don't understand the concept of history."

Are the elves retartet? Yeah, the elves are retartet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I get the impression that the Rivellon setting is getting a total refresh for this game. Rivellon 2.0.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DD, D2, Dragon Commander, and D:OS all feel very different, so he might as well keep on keeping on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom