Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
The flaw that she is trying to conceal (in vain) is her short neck not the flat chest. Hence the awful ponytail and the horrible garment. Imagine how that specimen would look like wearing a closed neckline and loose hair: like a mole freshly popamoled.

Aqualung

Dead duck
Patron
Insert Title Here
MJEORCW.gif

Drakortha

Liturgist
Is the game master mode any fun at all to mess around with in single player? Been trying to enjoy the Zeus mode in Arma 3 but the mechanics of that game are getting to me. I just want to create complete chaos.. make NPC groups and factions fight each other. Wish this had destructible environments. I just want to make the world burn and make NPC's lives suffer.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
I missed both games and so have no idea why Larian became the prodigal son of Codex.
But after getting so many shekels from OS2, "the vocal minority" will be even less of a priority for them than it is now.

BrLc.jpg
Their next game should be Divinity 3, like Divinity 2, but set in open world and inspired by one other game you probably heard of.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.headstuff.org/gaming/in-conversation-with-sarah-baylus-lead-writer-at-larian-studios/

In Conversation With Sarah Baylus, Lead Writer At Larian Studios

Warning: Story spoilers for Divinity Original Sin 2 lie ahead…

As we walked into The Fumbally Café in Dublin City on April 20th, the face of writer Sarah Baylus lit up with excitement. A Lauren Hill song was playing on the radio, leading to an enthusiastic discussion about the American singer-songwriter between Sarah Baylus and the barista serving us.

“It’s this album that’s over twenty years old, and it’s one of my favourite albums,” Ms. Baylus told me later, sitting down in a corner of the busy café. Lauren Hill is playing in America this summer, but unfortunately she won’t be able to make it out.

Sarah Baylus was a story writer on Divinity: Original Sin and the lead writer on the sequel Divinity Original Sin 2. These expansive and detailed RPGs were both released to unanimous critical acclaim, with Ms. Baylus recently accepting a Gaming BAFTA Award for Multiplayer on behalf of Larian Studios for Original Sin 2.

A passion for music links Sarah Baylus with one of the origin characters that she created for Original Sin 2, the musician and enchanter Lohse.

Speaking about writing the character, Sarah Baylus said “At the time I wasn’t intending… it as coming from my personal preferences, but of course that’s silly because everything you do is tied in with your own personal preferences.”

“I have a playlist for a lot of the characters that I write, where I put things that get me in the mood of what I think the character is about, and I find that that has a very big impact on how I’m writing them” Ms. Baylus said.

As an example, the character Malady was partly inspired by Sylvia Plath’s spoken word poetry and the mannerisms of the character Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey.

“It’s not a direct, y’know, one-on-one ‘I’m modelling this character after those people’ but there’s something about the cadence of how they speak… that gets into your head.”

Fittingly, her highlight of Original Sin 2, the climax of Lohse’s personal storyline, is musical.

“There comes a moment where she solves her problem in the game, and she’s able to actually sing this song that she’s been trying to sing.”

“It’s such a cathartic moment for her and for me, that she, y’know, she gets rid of this thing that’s been plaguing her and she breaks out into song, and it’s supported by these really beautiful visual effects and this really amazing song that our composer Borislav Slavov wrote.”

“It’s just, when I watch it, I just have a meltdown, I love it so much. I’m very proud of that.”

Check out the interview for more of our conversation, where we discuss her path into games writing, her work at Larian studios, her involvement with the Repeal Game Jam and much more.

Oh in case you don't read the Larian General thread, a couple of writers who may look familiar recently joined Larian...

Former RPS editor:

Former inXile lead writer (Tides, Wasteland 3):

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As an example, the character Malady was partly inspired by Sylvia Plath’s spoken word poetry and the mannerisms of the character Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey.
:lol:

These people actually believe they are writers, don't they?

Terra

Cipher
Are any of these new guys (particularly the rps one) known founts of socjus/progressive claptrap?

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
The first thing I notice, while beginning to play, is how good the engine is.
Larian coders lurking there : congratz.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition is coming to Xbox Game Preview! Play the entire first act and support us as we continue to make the game even better. In this video, meet Feedback Billy, Larian's way of gathering feedback about your experience, that will help us tune the console experience for release in August. If you have any comments, just talk to Billy. If you're not in the mood for a chat, Billy is always up for a fight!

At the end it says previews of the console version will be out on Wednesday.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the perfect opportunity to fix itemization, scaling, armor and initiative. That's obviously too good to happen, so yeah, that image is a waste of bandwidth.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
These issues have been brought up numerous times since the beta, they don't care. Initiative wasn't like this in the beta, afair, it was botched silently just before release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom