Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And Day 14 comic is yet another :prosper: time: http://divinity.game/en/Nad

A DIVINE ADVENTURE: MARRIAGE VOWS
Fun fact: Some stories are true. Even in comics.

COMIC%2013%20NUM.jpg

Do you have it? Then click HERE to claim your reward, and use the code to unlock the file.

Fourth panel, foot of the lizard

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And Day 15 comic goes far, far away, and has the most absurd "puzzle" so far: http://divinity.game/en/LastLizard

A DIVINE ADVENTURE: SOMEWHERE FAR, FAR AWAY
D:OS2´s GM campaigns can be quite diverse and excotic - and sometimes really far, far away.

COMIC%2014%20NUM.jpg

Do you have it? Then click HERE to claim your reward, and use the code to unlock the file.

The last panel, below the number 8. You likely need to adjust brightness to see it. :hahano:

Well the code is 808.

Jezal_k23

So... as someone who quit back when this came out due to initiative/armor system/stat bloat/tactician mode being a huge disappointment, is there any hope of this stuff being fixed at some point? Should try this again now or should I wait a few more months?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So... as someone who quit back when this came out due to initiative/armor system/stat bloat/tactician mode being a huge disappointment, is there any hope of this stuff being fixed at some point? Should try this again now or should I wait a few more months?
The odds of this being fixed in anything short of some kind of Enhanced Edition is non-existent, but even so it's unlikely, because they don't seem to recognize the issues at all. Also, Vincke has said that they're not really into making an enhanced edition this time around - but that may have changed.

Judging by the staff they now keep and the fact that Larian seem to think that they shit gold due to the success of D:OS2, this is about the breaking point where I expect that nothing good will ever come from them again.

Elex

Arbiter
maybe mods will fix it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Stat bloat was fixed day 1 by mods, everything else, however, won't be. Initiative is hardcoded, while it will require a complete overhaul of the combat to fix the problems armor is trying and failing to hide. Don't hold your breath.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
maybe mods will fix it.
No. I get that we're at 170 pages now, but the issues have been discussed pretty extensively, and not only are some issues largely beyond something you could fix with a simple mod (all skills would need to be revised, and key aspects of the game tweaked, such as the length and power of DoT:s and CC, and it would all have to be done manually, there's no easy switch). Other things like the initiative issues are expressly hardcoded and isn't moddable, but while that would be fixable by the switch of a button on Larian's side, if you wanted to avoid the reason initiative is fucked to begin with - Alpha Strike Tactics, especially while playing Lone Wolf - you need to actually go in and manually rebalance encounters or randomize opponent stats, and find an average baseline that would be acceptable for both people pushing Initiative as well as playable to the people retarded enough to completely neglect it.

And with the dumbing down of system complexity that we saw from D:OS1 to D:OS2, it's clear they want it to be idiot-proof and essentially without challenge on the meta-/systemic side of things.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Comical cat: http://divinity.game/en/cat

A DIVINE ADVENTURE: CATS POWER
Cats sometimes can have surprising influence on the events in the Divinity series. Especially this time.

COMIC%2017%20NUM.jpg

We hope you like it!

Fourth panel, under the table, right side.

Reward is Fane meme collection btw.

DraQ

Arcane
maybe mods will fix it.
No.
Bloat is very easy to fix with a mod because it's essentially governed by a separate variable from the rest of the game - such a mod exists and has multiple variants to allow you to choose level of inflation you find palatable.
There is also a mod for armour system that gives you saving throws proportional to armour left (after subtraction) - not ideal, but worth considering.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
maybe mods will fix it.
No.
Bloat is very easy to fix with a mod because it's essentially governed by a separate variable from the rest of the game - such a mod exists and has multiple variants to allow you to choose level of inflation you find palatable.
There is also a mod for armour system that gives you saving throws proportional to armour left (after subtraction) - not ideal, but worth considering.
Yeah, the de-bloat mod is actually great, although I felt the need to tweak it myself a bit. The issue with the other one is that unless it's been updated, it in no way changes skills and abilities to match the new system, nor does the AI take it properly into account.

KevinV12000

Arcane
I'm really enjoying this game, and it's really quite an achievement when you take a step back and view it as a whole. Just a little while ago, we were rightly afraid that nothing but console games would be our future.

The only problem I've had with it is that it seems to punish parties that are designed on role-playing the origins characters. If one decides to, say, go with Red Prince as a Fighter, Fane as a Wizard, Beast as a Battlemage and Lohse as an Enchanter, you have a very interesting party from a role-playing stand point, but by game mechanics you're going to get face stomped and probably rage quit at some point. If not while on Ft Joy certainly at some point in Reaper's Coast.

This seems odd to me. Even so, I'm reluctant to criticize it given how damn happy I am to even have it, considering the modern marketplace.

Jinn

Arcane
"I did a polymorph spell on it."

Jesus fuck, why did they allow this? It's not funny or cute or anything. It's just BAD.

Anyways, in regard to discussion about the actual game, what are people's favorite mods they use to even out the bloat a bit? I also really like the sounds of the armor saving throw one that DraQ mentioned.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1589073807086484903

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Divine Ascension DLC updated!

53fc9dc09c0d5f03fceb100f0a74d29558d5dad7.png

Hi everyone!

We have added additional content to the Divine Ascension DLC for Divinity: Original Sin 2, including the famous Lohse song "Sing for me":

Art: (in PDF format)
  • High res version of the dos2 art book
  • High res version of the dos2 lore book
Music tracks: (in WAV and FLAC format):
  • Sing for Me (Lohse Version)
  • Crazy Troubled Senses
  • Mysterious Trails
  • Quirky Bones (Murky Version)
  • Sins and Gods - Revelation
  • The Queen's High Seas (Tavern Version)
  • Your Tale Awaits You Down the Road (edited)
The files will update automatically for everyone who already owns the Divine Ascension DLC. We hope you like the new content!

Day 20 comic is painful: http://divinity.game/en/pet

Petpal is a cool feature! You can talk to animals, which is super cool, as they might help you with insights you normally won´t get. At least as long as you don´t annoy them...

COMIC%2019%20NUM.jpg

The quest marker, eh, exclamation mark over the bull.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Today's reward is a fucking coloring book. If that doesn't give off red flags for everyone I don't know what will.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh you've not seen other rewards. Not only coloring books and meme pack, there were recipes, wallpapers, soundtracks, ringtones, and printable gift tags.

Well,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom