Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This information has enriched my knowledge of videogames just enough that I have levelled up.

Rev

Arcane
I don't know how could Larian feel after seeing that most people don't deem Co-op important, yet they are focusing on it for years now.
Well, it was predictable that most rpg fans care more about story, combat, character progression, etc. than any multiplayer stuff. I think they probably already knew co-op and DM mode is something that is of interest to just a niche of their core fanbase, after all they have data coming from D:OS and D:OS2's early access.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like that ragdoll physics for deaths is being added but they have to improve it a bit. The corpses have to have some momentum from the spell effects and so on. Looks silly that the character just spaz out and die in a pile on the spot.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's completely normal that coop is less important to people than other elements. Before you care about the multiplayer you care whether or not the game is worth playing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.facebook.com/LarianStudios/posts/1559138380813021

We are extending the playtest sessions for Divinity: Original Sin 2! We're looking for avid players for the week of August 28th- September 1st and for September 4th -September 9th in the cities of Quebec, St. Petersburg and Ghent. Apply here: http://bit.ly/DOS2playtest

20882788_1559130554147137_4819479307899710357_n.jpg

Iznaliu

Arbiter
https://www.facebook.com/LarianStudios/posts/1559138380813021

We are extending the playtest sessions for Divinity: Original Sin 2! We're looking for avid players for the week of August 28th- September 1st and for September 4th -September 9th in the cities of Quebec, St. Petersburg and Ghent. Apply here: http://bit.ly/DOS2playtest

20882788_1559130554147137_4819479307899710357_n.jpg

That screenshot that you posted represents a major thematic and stylistic departure from the Early Access build. I hope they aren't reworking the game this late in development, especially as I'm sick of urban fantasy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My hype is ramping up. I believe that this will be the only game that I play in September.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not really that hyped up. I expect it to be D:OS1 but more of it and that's not a good thing. Granted, I didn't play Early Access, even though it's sitting there in my GOG catalogue I have other games to play before turning to unfinished ones, so I wouldn't know if they've changed it for the better. I also don't think a 7-writer team can pop out a cohesive narrative without strict guidance of a Lead Writer who edits everything everyone writes, so it's probably going to be a mess of styles and ideas that go nowhere.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Granted, I didn't play Early Access, even though it's sitting there in my GOG catalogue I have other games to play before turning to unfinished ones, so I wouldn't know if they've changed it for the better

Like what, exactly?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

You might notice that I put an "also" in there, which means the narrative cohesion is separate from the other thing. D:OS1 has many, many other problems, it feels like someone with dissociative identity disorder designed it. I was just commenting that I don't think the 7-writer team is a good idea and it won't solve even the most widely criticized aspect.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
My hype is ramping up. I believe that this will be the only game that I play in September.
Warhammer 2 would also be released in September, and XCOM2 DLC would be at end of August. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, and FO4 gold edition would be also released in September.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

:flamesaw:

No need to look at spoilers, and considering story of second game I don't think it would even have a continuity. You can jump completely unspoiled into pirate version with Jap voices. Or watch it on Internet if you are not into computer piracy. Of course rich fans would probably grab it anyway because they are collecting stuff like that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Warhammer 2 would also be released in September, and XCOM2 DLC would be at end of August. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, and FO4 gold edition would be also released in September.
That's exactly my point. DOS2 all they way, baby!

I'll get Death of the Outsider some day. Dishonored 2 is still sitting in my backlog. The same goes for Danganronpa 1 and 2. That means, I am in no hurry to get the third game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How can you resist playing as Skaven? Remember Empire is sending people who are talking about giant rats with swords for psychiatric examination for trying to disrupt the state. You can utterly corrupt Southlands. And do nasty stuff in that western continent.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

No need to look at spoilers, and considering story of second game I don't think it would even have a continuity. You can jump completely unspoiled into pirate version with Jap voices. Or watch it on Internet if you are not into computer piracy. Of course rich fans would probably grab it anyway because they are collecting stuff like that.

Do they offer money for playing this game? That's the only way to get me into these japshit abominations

anus_pounder

Arcane

Do they offer money for playing this game? That's the only way to get me into these japshit abominations

Hear hear.

Also, 96MB update just hit.

EDIT: Nothing significant, apparently "It's just DirectX in \Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\_CommonRedist\."

Also, for whatever reason I'm feeling nervous about the undead race thingy. Almost certain it's not coming. :negative:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom