Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #27: PAX West Recap

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Colin McComb; Divinity: Original Sin 2; J.E. Sawyer; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Larian have published a new Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter update recapping their visit to PAX West last weekend. There's no big news here, just the usual Larian humor and good cheer. Watch for the Josh Sawyer and Colin McComb testimonies at around 4:45 of the video:

The game is releasing on Steam Early Access next week on September 15th, so if you pledged make sure to get your key from the Larian Vault. Larian will be holding a three hour "Devline" Q&A stream on Twitch the day before, at 17:00 GMT. They're promising to reveal "something that you've been asking for for a long time". I wonder what that'll be.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
If it's something I've been asking for for a long time it can only be full party creation.

himmy

Arcane
There's no big news here, just the usual Larian humor and good cheer.

I'm genuinely considering starting a group therapy program where people just sit around and watch Larian Kickstarter videos. The moment that intro music starts it's just impossible to keep a frowny face regardless of how many hours you spent on the Internet that day.

Aenra

I always have the same thoughts watching these things..

How pathetic it is watching manchildren having no shame, showing up IRL in a fucking game show of all places. And how pathetic that it being thus, the seller has to swallow, smile and attend.. likewise for the ""press""
How sad it's become that people's getting their mugs on tape is no longer an "issue". Hell, getting anally searched before boarding a plane is no longer an issue, but nevermind that.
And most of all, how much this shitfest costs / whether there can be metrics linking it to extra income due to it; and i know there can't be.

My dad God bless him used to book one booth in a show related to his business, i remember how much -that- cost and it was insane.. in the end, only the big guys attended, as you can already fathom, i assume it's the same in these shitfests. Difference being that (was there in person assisting him) the "interested parties" attending our booth either already knew of our brands, or had been told about them and as such came positively biased to us. Add the odd "wanna talk to someone just because" variety, and that was it.
I honestly cannot remember a single soul coming and asking me or him "oh, and what's this then? I have B&Ws, never heard of this tech".

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Romance!

I think they even had a stretch goal related to it. Plus, even the Codex loves riding bulls and banging dwarves.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Romance!

I think they even had a stretch goal related to it. Plus, even the Codex loves riding bulls and banging dwarves.

The Codex has dyslexia for romance in Larian games. They simply don't see it. Typically they also don't see posts referring to it, either.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Larian and romances in the future:

Bioware male fan: Can I romance Ahru now? I found him cute.

Larian: Sure, we added romances both hetero and homosexual but unfortunately not Ahru.

Bioware fan: No, you mistaken me, I'm not homosexual. I just think his cat version is very hot, you know, you need to be open to all experiences.

Larian: Yeah...

Bioware male fan: Can you add a cat collar that when you put it, you polymorph into a female cat?

Larian: Ehh... thanks for your feedback.

3:11 Colin McComb stealthy appearance in the the crowd.
:cmcc:

Edit: Fuck he is everywhere. We also have MCA and Sawyer guest appearances :)
Also liked the people interviewed. Good people.

Darkzone

Arcane
3:11 Colin McComb stealthy appearance in the the crowd.
:cmcc:

Edit: Fuck he is everywhere. We also have MCA and Sawyer guest appearances :)
Also liked the people interviewed. Good people.

Colin McComb is just jealous that he has not worked on D:OS 2. Thinking to himself: "Fuck you Avellone. You are always the lucky one.... why not me...:cry:"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom