Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #2: Stretch Goals

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Undead race for the win. Screw dwarves, I want to be a zombie. Or a skeleton.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Undead race for the win. Screw dwarves, I want to be a zombie. Or a skeleton.
Full skeleton party for sure.

tumblr_n81wmnhmHd1qhg3jwo1_500.gif

Drowed

Arcane
The first D:OS received $944,282 in pledges. D:OS2 is already at $903,385 in less than 60 hours.

1,5 million seems pretty doable right now, I think around 3 is a good bet. And that's great. We will need more stretch goals for sure, so...

Who knows.
:mca:

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Did Swen just say he doesn't like dwarves in RPGs? (4:07) Dorateen Volourn
You can tag me too. Even though I wasn't super crazy about D:OS, I picked a high pledge because playable dwarves. :incline:
Lowered my pledge after watching the video.* :decline: Take it back, Swen! Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

*not really

Last edited:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded

Tigranes

Arcane
In the last 8 hours it got 25k. If it keeps this "trend", it will get to 2.8 milions.

KS Number Watchers. They never learn.

Those are a pretty great set of stretch rules. Skill trees and undead origin are substantive additions, they've tried to splice up the classic stronghold goal, and the 700k hard mode goal is an excellent one to place so early. Hoping at least for Undead origin.

Drowed

Arcane
Well, using the 'pledging trend' of the third day to deduce the final value worked well with Eternity, Shadowrun and Bards Tale (with some margin of error, of course). Seems to be a safe bet. Anyway, from Swen's point of view, I guess that this kickstarter is already a resounding success. In the end, that's what matters.

Black

Arcane
The game is already baked, so unless Larian gives some kind of guarantee that they will do a better job at delivering stretchgoals than in D:OS there's little point in throwing more money at it.

Drowed

Arcane
Can't argue with that.

Homestead was no big deal. Talents were cool, but underused (except, maybe, "Pet Pal"). Kirill was HOLYSHITAWESOME but, well, what a pity. Henchman becoming companions was interesting, this needs to be recognized, even if it's nothing at the level of a party member in Baldur's Gate or any other game. And NPC schedules - that was shitty, no arguments there, even if it was a decision "for the greater good". The stretchgoals from their last game weren't carried out in the best way (if at all), even if I do think that the game is great fun; and the current ones are kinda dull. (Except the undead origin, wich I think it's awesome.) Throwing money at the game for a new skilltree doesn't sound so revolutionary, but on the other hand, it seems like it's a more plausible goal to achieve.

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
The game is already baked, so unless Larian gives some kind of guarantee that they will do a better job at delivering stretchgoals than in D:OS there's little point in throwing more money at it.
It was pretty clear that they used every last drop of money in the D:OS kickstarter,(and then went into loaning hell. So I am pretty sure that it is in fact going to help a ton.

Black

Arcane
Please, they got enough money so that they're now getting full VA (for console peasants, because I didn't see many people who played it on PC complaining about the lack of VAs) but still decided to shit on the stretchgoal that was achieved.
Plebes over people who funded your game = no monies.

Darkzone

Arcane
I agree on the opinion that Undead and Lizards will be most interesting to play, because they are not so overused like Humans and Dwarves.

Kalasanty11

Learned
I'm pretty hyped for strategist mode. Fortunatelly, it's been already reached, so I don't have to pledge anything. I just don't like buying cat in a bag, I'll buy it after reading some reviews and watching some let's play fragments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom