Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #1: Funded in less than 12 hours!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Didn't even had the chance to back yet.

Deleted member 7219

I wasn't a huge fan of the original. I got past the first area, which had some nice parts, and got bored very quickly in the second area and stopped playing.

Then they announced the Enhanced Edition so I decided to wait for that.

Regardless, I've backed this. Why? Because it will be popular and it will get more people into RPGs.

More people getting into RPGs is good for the genre and fans of D:OS could move to games from Obsidian, inXile and Harebrained Schemes.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It made more than Wasteland 2 on the first day but it needs to make near 950.000 until the end of this day to keep going faster than Wasteland 2 second day.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I backed it at the physical level, even though according to Codex the first one sucked.
Wasn't this last year's RPG of the year?

There's probably always going to be a smaller group of anti-fans who will talk about how much they hate any given thing.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The 500k funding goal kinda gave their low expectations away as well. I hope they don't lose the momentum.

I don't think they had low spectations, the campaign just looks like a bait for marketing.

I mean, there are no stretch goals at all and the game development is clearly not on early stages. For me looks like they just wanted a low quantity so they can have a funded kickstarter day 1 and gain a lot of momentum in marketing on game sites like "XXX FUNDED IN 6 HOURS". With that kind of headlines news you can create hype for people who doesn't know the game or is not convinced and more news about your game breaking records or funding percentages.

They didn't even need the kickstarter, is just that, marketing. At the end all of this money I am sure is going to be used for the new projects and studios rather than use it on Divinity 2.

Last edited:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
They didn't even need the kickstarter, is just that, marketing. At the end all of this money I am sure is going to be used for the new projects and studios rather than use it on Divinity 2.
What new projects?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wasn't a huge fan of the original. I got past the first area, which had some nice parts, and got bored very quickly in the second area and stopped playing.

Then they announced the Enhanced Edition so I decided to wait for that.

Regardless, I've backed this. Why? Because it will be popular and it will get more people into RPGs.

More people getting into RPGs is good for the genre and fans of D:OS could move to games from Obsidian, inXile and Harebrained Schemes.

:bro::salute:

This always had love hate relationship with Larian games; Played DD once, left it in half cause of bugs and only replayed it years later and it was blast; same was with DD2- Dragon Saga which was so so on release but turned to be very fun to play ARPG with expansion so Kommissar hopes DDOS will prove to be much better in extended version too; besides

The first Map I completed 3 times was still much better than any kickstarter game I played maybe with exception of Shadow Run which was surprisingly GOOD; but of course you raised good points as Kickstarter is great for Marketing and its good to have game basically -50% too. I feel young and Hyped again.
:patriot::hype::russia:

Arkeus

Arcane
Given Swen's habit to overspend in order to make the game as polished as possible, as well as continuously working on games that are long released and won't bring much monies anymore, I highly doubt that the money won't be used for D:OS 2.

Ulrox

Arbiter
Congratulations to Sven! - Larian brightened my life with D:OS - I have no doubt they'll continue to do very well!

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin was one of the favorite RPG's in recent memory. I can't fucking wait for the new one.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't this last year's RPG of the year?

There's probably always going to be a smaller group of anti-fans who will talk about how much they hate any given thing.
Think commie is referencing the actual physical box being a bit of a let down. It was very small and lacked any real "old school" vibe as far as the contents were concerned.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, that would keep them afloat. That contributes to OSII.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Think commie is referencing the actual physical box being a bit of a let down. It was very small and lacked any real "old school" vibe as far as the contents were concerned.

A bit of both...There's the ubiquitous bashers and also the map in particular was quite shit, but I liked the other extras. I disagree with Haba though. I thought the PoE Collector's box was pretty good and quite 'complete' once I jammed the DRM free DVD box and the shirt in there. And the MCA doodle on the front of mine with an arrow going through one of the pillars and it having a 'miffed' look is priceless and perhaps a cry for help?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
PoE box is way too big and flimsy. DOS box is sturdy as real old skool boxes used to be. It would be perfect if it was just a bit bigger.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
PoE box is way too big and flimsy. DOS box is sturdy as real old skool boxes used to be. It would be perfect if it was just a bit bigger.

Flimsy? Maybe the slide on cover, but the actual box is thick and tough and with a kind of magnetic lid(it feels like one when it slams shut). Certainly the card it's made from is much thicker than the D:OS one. But who knows, maybe you got a dud box?

And it's still just big enough to fit everything when crammed in, though I wish there was an extra book or the Prima guide with it given the cost. Still it's about the size of the Fallout 1 box, and that didn't have much inside.

Conversely the D:OS box for me seemed like a cheap EIDOS 1998-2000 style in size and thickness, and those were at the mediocre end of the box scale at the time.

Sierra, Microprose and Interplay made the best ones consistently. EA and it's subsidiaries like Westwood also did them well until the end of the 90's.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta agree with commie on this one. The PoE box was much better in style, construction and content than the much smaller D:OS one. Believe me, I have many boxes to compare them to... :obviously:

Sierra, Microprose and Interplay made the best ones consistently. EA and it's subsidiaries like Westwood also did them well until the end of the 90's.

I would also include the Origin boxes to your list as well. Great boxes with even better contents.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So none of you liked the Wasteland 2 box? Due to it not being old school enough I gather?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom