Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter is Live

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just donated to be the first one. It was only $10.00 but much more will follow in the coming weeks... :salute:

BigWeather

Augur
Ugh again with no day/night cycle or NPC schedules? Despite saying repeatedly during DOS1's campaign how they were trying to follow in the footsteps of Ultima VII and really wanted it (but ultimately couldn't) it isn't a given for the sequel? I'd rather those two things than multi-player features or romance options or all the new races stuff.

Backed at $25 for now. I guess whether I go to $125 or to $0 and pick it up on sale will depend on the stretch goals.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just donated to be the first one. It was only $10.00 but much more will follow in the coming weeks... :salute:
Thanks Grant. Do you want any prizes sent to your home address in the Maldives, or should I use the Brothel's address which I have by tracing the IP you're posting from?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
You won't make it to $10k.
I'm not expecting to. But I like reminding people of the abject failure of their life goals, rather than setting it at $500 and claiming success, then having to update the goal amount every other day.

tl;dr; I'm lazy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well, will probably still make enough to get a painting of a troll in-game or something.

It's a good thing they moved content creation stuff way up, but I still think some blaine-tier guy will claim one of those 10k ones and put his awful self-insert in the game.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I've started compiling a list of names set it to $10k because whatever we get will be sent over anyway. Not sure what our actual goal / target is short of name in the credits.

Despite the risk of doxxing, blackmailing, personal threats and people knowing where I live, I will give this campaign my full support as there's nothing I love more than pissing off some random guy who gets upset at the mention of the Codex. Now if we just had this random guy's name I would positively glow with happiness.

Septaryeth

Augur
Codex campaign is up: http://www.rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=13

I've started compiling a list of names set it to $10k because whatever we get will be sent over anyway. Not sure what our actual goal / target is short of name in the credits.

Just to be certain, this is a donation campaign and donors, regardless of the amount they donated, will not receive a base game, am I correct?
I read that the last shadowrun campaign has the base game, but this one mentions no copy of the game and use the word donation, so I guess it is so.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Just to be certain, this is a donation campaign and donors, regardless of the amount they donated, will not receive a base game, am I correct?
I read that the last shadowrun campaign has the base game, but this one mentions no copy of the game and use the word donation, so I guess it is so.

I think the staff has to yet contact Swen about the rewards. There's no official annoucement of the fundraise either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the staff has to yet contact Swen about the rewards. There's no official annoucement of the fundraise either.

We're in the process of contacting them. Direct your questions to Angthoron.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only single thing we need, is (another) credit to the codex that completely fucking pisses off that one guy.

That is all we need.
That credit was pretty impressive. Plus it draws more suckers in for Dark Underlord to doxx and embezzle funds from people to the website.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Pledged some doxxShekels to the fundraiser.

Though I wonder, if we get more imps this time, will they be using our real names?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't self-insert into games. I'm against the practice and find that backer kudos peppered throughout a game (the Godawful fan fiction nodes in PoE being a prime example) are incredibly crass and off-putting. It dilutes the game world with meta-garbage.

The funny thing is that when your name is one among thousands, no one gives a shit or will notice except you, which defeats the entire purpose.

If you want to leave your little mark on a game's development, take a piss on the threshold of the developers' office building like any normal person.

Angthoron

Arcane
I already contacted [real name redacted] about this, [redacted] said they'll have a brainstorm and give us an offer of what kind of stuff Codex could get. I'm guessing [redacted] will answer in a day or two since expo is keeping [gender redacted] busy.

Angthoron

Arcane
Also, remember, it doesn't matter if we collect 10K or not, what matters is that we collect more than the Watch.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, a news post will be made once we know what we're able to offer. And I'll update the details then.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck you all. I just pledged an 8 ball of cocaine.

I'm magnificent Codex

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
35 bucks from me. I was expecting to pay more in Sek but the conversion rate wasnt that bad. Ended up just over 300 sek.

And fuck Watch, they have like 15 regulars on the site, doubt that they even gonna get to the 2.5k unless HiddenX opens his wallet.
Cant we just steal their frontpage cause noone reads that site anyway?

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I promised 50 more but I gotta wait til next week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom