Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter is Live

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

In case our new article didn't make that clear, Larian's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign is now live. You can read the Kickstarter page and our article for the details, but in brief, the focus of Original Sin 2 appears to be choice and consequence based on the "origins" of your party members. Your party members will actually be able to compete with one another, working at cross purposes in the game's quests, a feature obviously built with co-op in mind. In addition, Larian are expanding the combat system even more and making an effort to improve their writing.

Although the game will be mostly self-funded, Larian are seeking $500,000 of crowdfunding to add additional features, which I assume will be revealed later on as stretch goals. An hour in, they already have over $100,000, so that probably won't be a long time from now. Here's the pitch video, which features an extended gameplay demonstration narrated by Swen Vincke:

You can secure a copy of Divinity: Original Sin 2 for $25 ($30 after the Early Bird tier runs out), although you may wish to wait for our prestigious Codex fundraiser. According to the Kickstarter page, the game is scheduled to be released on December 2016.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wow, when was this announced?

Great news, and I especially like that the release date is at least 1.4 years away because I have yet to play Pillars of Eternity past the first village, Shadowrun: Dragonfall (and Hong Kong, though I will prob. play only 1 of them) and Arkham Knight. And we have Torment coming out this year.

I hope it gets pushed back even further to give them time to polish it properly; I know it's the same engine but the Dragon Age II fiasco should be a warning to everyone about pushing things out quickly to make a buck.

I also really hope they get Kwans &/or Brits to do the writing, editing and plotlines/questlines. I want a more serious game without the retarded 'humor' of the first, with a real story I can be invested in aside from good rpg combat and mechanics.

likaq

Arcane
Rivellon = fearun = :negative:

I guess i will buy one more copy of AoD instead of D: OS 2.

Turok

Erudite
A codexian by definition is a solo player.

I backed the Original sin 1, i pass with this one, all new features are for co-op.

Turok

Erudite
This is a error:

"Generations after the events of Divinity: Original Sin, the upstart Bishop Alexandar the Innocent has declared Source the sole preserve of the Divine Order. Sourcerers are now criminals, and those suspected of having Source powers are hunted, apprehended, and forcibly purged of their powers -- leaving only empty bodies, devoid of emotion or free will, behind."

Thats the tranquility thing on the fuking Dragon age origins.

otsego

Cipher
Bye bye $150, stoked they decided to go through the hassle of a physical edition that I can put on the shelf next to the other Divinity games. Greatly appreciated.

Larian should consider adding a tier in between the $125 and $300 mark, toss a shirt or something in there at a 200+ level.

Andhaira

Arcane
D:OS was able to provide a solid single player experience, despite the buzz about multiplayer. This should be the same; they just need to clean up the atrocious writing and optimize the engine better. D:OS was wayyyy more resource intensive than it needed to be.

edit: btw Infinitron whatever happened to the super patch promised for D:OS?

Darkzone

Arcane
This time it seems that the D:OS 2 K will will exceed the million. 220k in two hours is not bad.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Reserved the 25$ copy, will wait for further updates about SP stuff to see if it's worth keeping the pledge.

I actually liked the more colorful artstyle.
Pink-Lips-Girly-Girl.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom