Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
http://www.divinity.game/lizards

Lizard-Spotlight-v1.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The red Prince is by far the most interesting character in the current beta, planning on choosing him at release if the roster remains as is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How far off does the game feel from you that have played it? Does it feel alpha, beta?

nikolokolus

Arcane
How far off does the game feel from you that have played it? Does it feel alpha, beta?
Beta-ish. Stable, doesn't crash, controls are pretty smooth, but a few bugs here and there. I'm not progressing very far, because I just want to experiment with different character builds, so I can't speak to much beyond the beach and part of the fortress.

Ivan

Arcane
can anyone clarify if you can experience the other characters' arcs if you have them along as companions, that is, will we still be able to play through their quests, or are those locked until you yourself play as that specific character.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
can anyone clarify if you can experience the other characters' arcs if you have them along as companions, that is, will we still be able to play through their quests, or are those locked until you yourself play as that specific character.
You can recruit them as party members, if their personal stories are available as companion quests, I'm not sure about that.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think no. Swen said earlier their personal quests won't be available. But it still can change.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I'm ok with it. The conflicts of interest within the party would mean you playing against yourself - it could be done :the role playing: but I think it provides a rewarding aspect to venturing into co-op. Mods will fix it?
A reason that I only want to play one character background preset in the Early Access is that I don't want to spoil any conflicting surprises for [maximum intrigue]. I'd really like to see the co-op in action but may well opt out as I have a painfully slow play style with these types of games and being tethered to the availability of other players means we all wont be able to play at whatever odd time wanted. Then again the co-op angle seems so good that it really motivates me to want to give it a shot anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
On today's episode of The Spy...:

It's too rainy to do anything else but take comfort in the warmth of a tavern. But someone has a message for you. He claims something - no - two somethings, are coming:

http://www.divinity.game/spy3

Tipgiver_spy_layers_rain_Letter.jpg

“The ‘designers’ are planning something.”

You jump, startled as a dark form seems to manifest near your elbow. You look around quickly, but no one else is in the rundown tavern but the barkeep, whose soft snores are coming from behind the bar. The only other sound is the relentless rain battering the roof.

You turn and look upon The Spy, as you’ve taken to calling him. His face looks even more haggard than the last time, cheeks sunken and tight. You feel a trill of fear snake through your body, but you need to know more. You must know more.

Fool.

You ignore the voice in your head. It has gotten quieter lately anyway.

Once he sees he has your attention, he pulls out his orb, shielding one side of it with his cloak.

“Look upon these abject horrors.”

The turquoise orb swirls, seeming to grow before your eyes, swallowing you whole. You see men and women screaming as they change into chickens. You see an elf with a tentacle for an arm, smashing into the lizard before her. You see a man smile as a small, hairy, terrifying little creature appears before him, only to turn and attack approaching foes.

Suddenly, you are jerked back into the here and now. You lean back and close your eyes, struggling to hold back your nausea.

“You’re mad,” you manage to choke out.

Hearing no response you open your eyes.

The Spy is already gone.

He’s mad? Or you are?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Spy was right!

PAX East 2017 - Polymorph & Summoning Summary

Polymorph and Summoning are schools of magic that, like everything in Divinity: Original Sin 2, have been given a unique twist! These new magical abilities bring even more ways to play to Divinity: Original Sin 2’s expanded tactical combat system.

Polymorphers can sprout bulls horns to deliver devastating charges, wings to glide over the battlefield, steel skin for extra physical armor, and much more.

Summoners can bring their Incarnate to battle, a magical partner with elemental properties that depend on the surface it was summoned on. Summoners can also spawn elemental totems to perform different attacks, buffs, and debuffs.

Polymorph and summoning demonstrate how Divinity: Original Sin 2 players have the opportunity to attack the world of Rivellon in any way that they see fit, with a huge array of tools at their disposal.

We developed Polymorph and Summoning because that’s what our backers wanted - these were the backer-selected choices for the $850,000- and $1,350,000-level stretch goals. Delivering on our promises to backers is one of our top priorities, and we’ll be paying close attention to player feedback as they use these new abilities in the Early Access version.

The Red Prince got a tentacle arm.

WkU0Ea1.jpg

And even wings!:

k96BOei.jpg

More screens showing Polymorph and Summoning skills:

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Is this incline over DOS:EE so far? I loved DOS but EE adding quest markers, removing skills, nerfing skills, and replacing the VA that had feeling with soulless VA that sounded worse just didn't sit right with me. I want to believe.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
What did they remove and nerf?
For one, glass cannon/lone wolf/leech IIRC. And a number of skills that the patch note said they felt were too similar to other skills.
I haven't been following D:OS2 at all, but they removed Glass Cannon? Why?

:negative:

Me and the girlfriend had tons of fun with D:OS, with one of us being a Glass Cannon that constantly went down due to minor fuckups, after wiping the floor. It was enormously fun. I hope they put it back in. If Glass Cannon is an issue, the issue is that there's an over-emphasis on high and sudden damage-output. Removing Glass Cannon won't solve that fundamental issue - the game will still be favouring building low-HP heavy hitters rather than strike a balance between the various options and builds. The only thing they signal here, to me, is that you shouldn't build meaty meathead tankers or endurance combatants, but simply focus on nuking the shit out of the opponent.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Glass cannon wouldn't even make sense in D:OS2 on account of the change to the AP system. (oh wait, it's still there, just changed entirely as it needed to be)

It wasn't removed in D:OS EE, they just changed it so that instead of doubling your recovery AP, it added 4. That was a better call.

Delivering on our promises to backers is one of our top priorities

Even Larian's getting their digs on inXile.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I love the idea of summoned creatures reacting to the surface that they appear on. Summoner was my first choice as backer class

Also on a more minor note I love that they've filled the entire bottom of the screen with skill bar, after people complaining about how they were in DOS

So far, so incline :D

Wild Slop

Arcane
A person I an trying to get interested in the game was asking about what summoning options there are. This will help with my recruiting.
The Spy was right!
MORE! I'm freaking out man. I got the junky jitters. Where did you get this info? I had been looking for news from Pax about this game and couldn't find anything - was going to bitch about it in here. This will probably hold me over for a day or two but I need a proper fix.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Where did you get this info? I had been looking for news from Pax about this game and couldn't find anything - was going to bitch about it in here. This will probably hold me over for a day or two but I need a proper fix.

It's from PAX presskit: http://larian.com/presskit/

Sounds like they've demonstrated Polymorph and Summoning at PAX and it's going to be the next big update.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Glass cannon wouldn't even make sense in D:OS2 on account of the change to the AP system. (oh wait, it's still there, just changed entirely as it needed to be)

[...]
I apologize for my ignorance, but what'd they do to the AP system?

Is shit now? :negative:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What did they remove and nerf?
For one, glass cannon/lone wolf/leech IIRC. And a number of skills that the patch note said they felt were too similar to other skills.
I haven't been following D:OS2 at all, but they removed Glass Cannon? Why?

:negative:

Me and the girlfriend had tons of fun with D:OS, with one of us being a Glass Cannon that constantly went down due to minor fuckups, after wiping the floor. It was enormously fun. I hope they put it back in. If Glass Cannon is an issue, the issue is that there's an over-emphasis on high and sudden damage-output. Removing Glass Cannon won't solve that fundamental issue - the game will still be favouring building low-HP heavy hitters rather than strike a balance between the various options and builds. The only thing they signal here, to me, is that you shouldn't build meaty meathead tankers or endurance combatants, but simply focus on nuking the shit out of the opponent.
I meant it was nerfed for glass cannon in EE.

What's this about summoner in D:OS2? I love summon classes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom