Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divine Divinity for $3.59 at GoG(Good Old Games)

DaveO

Erudite
The sale is only for this weekend, so there is a limited time for the offer. It does provide an alternative to the flood of DA2 threads.

Murk

Arcane
Anyone who does not have it, should get it. Absolutely wonderful game.

For those that enjoyed Divinity 2 but for whatever reason haven't played this game yet -- you have absolutely no excuse, get on this.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
pipka said:
Mikayel said:

Merkwürdigliebe said:
Having a look at it, it really gives me a "Diablo" feel. Can't say I'm a big fan of that, but then I might be mistaken. So any one care to make a brief description of the game?

It is a very fun and enjoyable Diablo Clone. Great music and skill system. Quests (some with alternate ways of solving them).

And it the motherfucking awesome portable bed!!!

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Jaesun said:
pipka said:
Mikayel said:

Merkwürdigliebe said:
Having a look at it, it really gives me a "Diablo" feel. Can't say I'm a big fan of that, but then I might be mistaken. So any one care to make a brief description of the game?

It is a very fun and enjoyable Diablo Clone. Great music and skill system. Quests (some with alternate ways of solving them).

And it the motherfucking awesome portable bed!!!

It's a good deal more than just a Diablo clone, unless you played a different Diablo than I did.

But yeah, buy it, no excuses.

Murk

Arcane
Merkwürdigliebe said:

The combat is where the comparison to Diablo ends -- the game is a full RPG with a ton of actually interesting and unique quests that can be solved in multiple ways, plot twists, traps (not just things that take HP but people fucking you over), choices and consequences, and a well played light hearted tone that pokes as much fun at itself as it does anything else.

Has the best soundtrack of any RPG I've played, very atmospheric areas and sounds, and is extremely interactive. Huge world to explore and plenty of reason to explore it, as even if there is no side quest to find there's usually a cache of treasure, some strange scene to behold, or in some cases minor story exposition that doesn't readily make sense until you put the pieces together.

Has the best "evil necromancer" story arc of any game I've played.

Do not let the first dungeon scare you off -- it is honestly not that bad and the rest of the game is sooooooooooo worth it.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Bought since I wanted to have a version with higher resolutions enabled. This is one of the classics every RPgamer should play at some point.

Just the ZIP with the music is easily worth $3.59.

The game runs like shit on my laptop for some reason, but is definitely playable. Gotta find a fix for some audio glitches, too.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Diablo sucks IMO, and D2 too. I threw the discs away so much I felt bad polluting my collection with them.

Yet, DD is pretty stomachable. What makes it shine is the attention to detail and the interactivity of the world. It allows you to sometimes find creative solutions to obstacles, or just have fun exploring. The whole thing does not take itself too seriously, you got some nice humor there.

Otherwise combat, character system and loot are the same shit, except you can mix n match the skills so you got almost classless here. Still, I remember some nice in town massive battles, infiltration, stealth and sabotage. Dungeons are the same old shit, the first one is particularly annoyingly long. And the final part degenerates in a "clear the 4 dungeons here while we forget about the nice shit we pushed all along".

I liked the game enough to finish it though. That's something. It's a D-clone that manages to be more than an excuse to kill a shit-ton of dudes to get better at killing them.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I thought DD felt more like Ultima than Diablo, to be honest. That said I never managed to get very far in the game. I keep rolling characters and trying to find one that interests me enough to make me wanna complete the game.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's a mistake, some of the more interesting quests are before the end.

I could do without the very ending though. The plains, bearable, if they were more strategic, ie the game had a actual resting, camouflage mechanics instead of potion binging, but the temple... Goddamn fucking labyrinths (and i completed the witch dungeon quest)

Still finished it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom