Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored by Arkane

Ash

Arcane
1. It is, by definition, an analysis.
2. It's exceptional, in my opinion, because I agree with pretty much everything said, just as they are "faggots on a sofa fagging" because you don't like what they have to say, because you're a decline-enabler.

Ash

Arcane
Simply because that's their format? Because they are better video editors and speakers than they are writers? Because they can make their point better with sound, e.g by highlighting the dull voice acting?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
1. It is, by definition, an analysis.
2. It's exceptional, in my opinion, because I agree with pretty much everything said, just as they are "faggots on a sofa fagging" because you don't like what they have to say, because you're a decline-enabler.
Look, i'm all for good analysis, including critical one for a game i like, but i WONT ever watch two effeminate virgins showing their stupid faces on youtube for 20 minutes, whining like walley girls. At least show the gaming footage as you go along so i don't need to observe your pimples and necbeard.
These are gametubers i enjoy, even if not always agreeing with:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKlUrYO3i9MDlL45Ia6j5EA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCywBfpGBYhsczNuyyh6Cf6w

If you bring something like this: ''no faces, fluid talking and actual gameplay footage'' reviews, i'm all ears.

Ash

Arcane
but i WONT ever watch two effeminate virgins showing their stupid faces on youtube for 20 minutes, whining like walley girls.

Sounds like you're in the closet and need to assert your masculinity as a facade :lol:

Bunnyhop is somewhat charismatic, or at the very least moderately confident and articulate. I doubt he's a virgin. Irrelevant anyway, all that matters is who is or who is not a good, respectable critic that does his or her research and is worthy of listening to. Bunnyhop is one such respectable critic.

Anyway, I'm not going to play Youtube Gamer Celebrity Wars with you, as I'm not even a devoted follower of any. Let's focus on the actual content of the video, Dishonored being decline, and your enabling of said decline ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's actually not their format, it's an old old video from before the other guy left

Ash

Arcane
Generally speaking, voice over video with occasional showing of his face is Bunnyhop's format. We can get technical on the minor details, yet the original question/argument proposed was regarding video vs text format. A cuckdexer was whining that it was a video at all as opposed to a written blog/article.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Written would be better. I'm already wasting my time on games, I'm too old to wait 20 minutes to get the content which I could've received in 2 minutes

Ash

Arcane
Well, like I said, you get audio (and video). Most accurate possible way to digitally present the content and any points you may have, but also the most time consuming, granted. They make an argument as to why x is shit, and they can actually show x immediately after in action to clarify. Although you can insert .gifs and such into written articles mind you, but whatever, that's their format.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
but i WONT ever watch two effeminate virgins showing their stupid faces on youtube for 20 minutes, whining like walley girls.

Sounds like you're in the closet and need to assert your masculinity as a facade :lol:

Bunnyhop is somewhat charismatic, or at the very least moderately confident and articulate. I doubt he's a virgin. Irrelevant anyway, all that matters is who is or who is not a good, respectable critic that does his or her research and is worthy of listening to. Bunnyhop is one such respectable critic.

Anyway, I'm not going to play Youtube Gamer Celebrity Wars with you, as I'm not even a devoted follower of any. Let's focus on the actual content of the video, Dishonored being decline, and your enabling of said decline ;)
No. Let me flesh it out for simpler crowd, who does not know your history.
You're fanatical DX modder, who has don excellent job, but in the process gone insane. Thus, any game that borrows something from original DX design and does it even slightly worse or different is ''shallow and contentless'', while you jack off your nasty bloody dickhead to the fact that people get different reactions from JC entering building through the door or sewers. Get it a grave, willya.
Yeah, Dishonored could be better, but it's not shit. Same goes for latest DX incarnations.

Dev_Anj

Learned
His posts in a nutshell:

Your posts generally fall into the "I am so 1337" category, the "OMFG CONSOLETARDZ LOL MIRITE?" category, or "I WUZ GAEMING BACK WEHN IT WUZ COOL YO" category, or often all three. They also often spectacularly miss the point.

Add "LOOK AT MY MOD, IT IS INCREDIBLE!" and this summary is (still) accurate.

Ash

Arcane
^Lol, stalking and dragging up discussions I've had from what, six years ago now, dev_anj? Your pettiness knows no bounds.

Sad little manchildren slinging personal insults because I bash their toys, or in dev_anj's case got tired of his obsessive tendencies. Sad, really. And I don't recall ever specifically saying Dishonored was shit anyway, just that I think Bunnyhop's criticism absolutely nailed it, but of course any criticism is an insult to your poor tastes. Shit implies bottom of the barrel, while I merely think Dishonored is bland, unambitious, dumbed down, and utterly commercialized. Nonetheless it's not explicitly "shit". Just unworthy.

Anyway, you are the company you keep, therefore I don't intend to be among your low-life kind.
Enjoy your popamole.

Last edited:

Dev_Anj

Learned
The funny part is you thinking you're better than Melan, or that we like popamole just because we're pointing out your shitposting. If anything, you're proving my point about you. If this is how you're supposed to be "more professional and reserved", may God help you.

Ash

Arcane
Such low-hanging fruit. Goddamn it.

The funny part is you thinking you're better than Melan

So it's totally agreeable I'm better than you then. Glad you acknowledge that.

or that we like popamole just because we're pointing out your shitposting

Shitpost, meaning a worthless post. So because I praised an analysis that is critical of a game you like it's worthless? Of course.

You've stated in the past you like Dishonored in one of your inane rants at me, and pretty much every one of your posts counts as a shitpost. Pure obsessive crusade nonsensical garbage.
Go start tonguing Melan's butthole. I'm sure there's plenty interesting and more knowledgeable characters than me you can form a new obsession with.

If this is how you're supposed to be "more professional and reserved", may God help you.

Oh noes, I didn't commit to something I said I would. Such awful behavior. Better update your stalker.txt.

Last edited:

Bunnyhop also has a journalism degree, as far as I'm aware. He's not only articulate, he's educated, and I like the way he was able to bullet and isolate the points I found comprising in the quality of the original Dishonored. As far as the format, I like the socratic dialogue form of presentation, it allows people to bat ideas off each other, and refine on each other's points. Time shouldn't be a factor in the quality of his videos, either--some people prefer to read, some people prefer to watch. All that matters is content.

Dev_Anj

Learned
Bunnyhop certainly is good at presenting his videos, and I don't think anyone here disputed that. Gnidrologist only took issue with calling that video an "analysis", since it didn't really delve too much in depth into the game's components, it just had two people sharing opinions about the game that he happened to agree with. Now I did watch it myself and I do agree with some of the points they make but I would be hard pressed to present that video as a serious critique of Dishonored, compared to something like, say, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU

As for video vs. text, it depends. Not everything that is conveyed through visuals can be easily conveyed through text, and personally I find the video format convenient since I can just listen to it in the background while doing other things.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya4YtkyJK90
I like this review, because it's not sperging for half an hour how ''whale oil economy does not work'' (lol), but very brief insight into the games mechanics and how it compares to previous Arcane Studios developer's previous games (namely Thief series) and it clearly states that it's nothing special, yet points out in short, succint manner, skipping all the ironic grimaces and other fluff, that it is still fine game with some falws. It reviews it for what it is, not how it compares to DX or Thief (which being a great game aren't still THAT great as your aspie brain believes).
I very much like this reviewer for his briefness and lack of emotion. Alas, he only reviews FPS action games.

tormund

Arcane

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I've just finished Dishonored and it was kinda meh, actually. The level design, mutiple paths and solutions are really nice, but the actual gameplay was incredibly boring. The stealth approach was actually an easy mode, since AI is braindead, it seemed to me like they copy pasted their behaviors straight from Arx. Enemies are blind to everything 5 feet away from them (you knock someone out while others literally watch it happen - and they do not react). Guards do not notice their companions missing, and they don't alarm others if they search for the player character. They don't react to player shutting their devices down and they don't restart them. My playthrough boiled down to teleporting behind enemies, knocking them out and stockpiling their unconcious bodies in some room I knew AI won't ever check. The game could be better if they got rid of all superpowers Corvo receives and spiking difficulty a bit (make them actually see shit that's happening in front of them).
The story was ok and the twist was unexpected (I had literally no knowledge about this game before starting playing it a few days ago), the reactivity seems fine, too. From what I've read, aside from a typical pacifist/killer playstyle determining the ending, sidequests do change how further missions are played out in a better manner than "let's throw more enemies in the same room".

I'm not going to replay it, though. Although the game looks extremely nice and level design is good, the core gameplay is far too easy and abusable for my liking to actually play it more than once.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I finally did the two expansions in a pacifist ghost run and it gave me an even higher appreciation of them. The final level especially with the dogs and teleporting witches was a fun ghost challenge unlike most of the main game. Also unlike the main game, the pacifist run makes more sense because it's written as Daud having a moral crises after what he did and trying to atone (and the non-lethal methods for the main targets are pretty solid). The game also still looks pretty great, especially now that you can force MSAA and run at high framerates. The art style is just great IMO.

Anyway, just a minor bump to pimp Dishonored's expansions. If you never played them, you should.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom