Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.pcgamer.com/dishonored-2-trial-makes-the-first-three-missions-free-for-everyone/

Dishonored 2 trial makes the first three missions free for everyone
The trial version goes live later this week.

Those of you yet to sample the delights of Dishonored 2 will soon be able to do so at no charge. Bethesda announced today that a free trial version of the game will be available on April 6, giving players the opportunity to take on the first three missions of the campaign as either Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano.

Dishonored 2 takes place 15 years after the events of the first game, opening with a coup against the Empress that leaves either her or Corvo incapacitated, and the other on a ship bound for the tropical, but not particularly pleasant, realm of Karnaca. From there, it's a quest to return Emily to the throne, quietly or otherwise, with the help of a supporting cast including Anton Sokolov, the slightly mad genius from Dishonored, and if supernatural giggles are your thing, the Outsider.

The announcement gave no indication of a time or replay limit on the trial, but it did note that "players that decide to upgrade to the full game during or after the free trial will keep all of the saves made during the trial." That's good, because it means you can keep playing from where you left off if you buy it rather than being forced to start over, but the "during or after" part suggests that at some point the trial will go away.

It could be a matter of poor wording, or it might be a situation similar to the Doom demo rolled out in 2016: Time-limited, except, eventually, not. (It's been almost a year and you can still get it from Steam.) I've emailed Bethesda for clarification, and will update when I receive a reply.

We gave Dishonored 2 a towering 93/100 score in our 2016 review, making it one of our highest-rated games of the year—and also our choice for Game of the Year. It had a bit of a rough start thanks to some rather severe performance issues, but multiple updates (including one released just a couple of weeks ago) have addressed those issues for most gamers. If you've been anxious to give it a go, but uncertain about how it will run on your system, I'd say your problem has just been solved.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The strange resurrection of the shareware demo in the age of the Steam Backlog. I'm not going to complain

sullynathan

Arcane
I actually think this is a good thing. Ubisoft did the same with watch dogs 2 and the division. Less games for me to buy

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Shame the game launched the way it did and performed poorly. It deserved to fare a lot better.
Shitty PC ports at launch do a lot of irreversible damage when the AAA game everyone was hyped for has a Mixed rating on Steam.
You'd think that after past PC port fiascos most developers would spend more time testing their ports like Ubi did with WD2, but eh.
I still remember the catastrophic reception Arkham Knight recieved with its failed PC port. It's the only time I know of a large company removing a game from Steam to add it later when it was "fixed", in hopes of avoiding the horrible rating it recieved for it's bugs and performance issues.

Deleted member 7219

Waiting for that first screen to load reminds me of Gothic 3 loading times. You have enough time to get up, go to the kitchen, boil the kettle, pour yourself a cup of tea, wait for it to brew, add milk and return to your desk before the whole thing is even done. What the fuck is going on there?

I've played the demo for a few hours. Gameplay and design is just as good as Dishonored 1, but the performance is a lot worse. Weird considering the visuals aren't that much better.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Waiting for that first screen to load reminds me of Gothic 3 loading times. You have enough time to get up, go to the kitchen, boil the kettle, pour yourself a cup of tea, wait for it to brew, add milk and return to your desk before the whole thing is even done.
For me G3 was few seconds. Fast HDD, and fast CPU and enough RAM were enough.

What the fuck is going on there?
DRM protecting demo from your piracy.

Oh, come on. I must have the memory of a retarded fish. I've impulsively bought this game 50% off thinking "Oh right, those Arkane guys, I like the games. I can't remember what semi recent association of theirs I didn't like, but whatever." Then the Bethesda logo comes up. Damn it.
Anyway, looking forward to playing it.

What incline, NuDOOM? Evil Within? NuWolfenstein? Fargo's masterpiece HUNTED?

You must be tripping, those are all fucking garbage. The only decent games Bethesda published in the last 15 years are Dishonored and Call of Cthulhu.

Latelistener

Arcane
I don't get all the Bethesda hate. Sure, they make shit games, but as a publisher they have brought incline.
I don't get from where all this fanboyism come from. Compared to modern gaming Arkane may be good, but Dishonored was far from ideal (low difficulty, retarded villain, boring non-lethal approach). I'm praying so that Prey will be decent, but it is already dumbed down (removed some skills, traumas, weapon durability). What a shame.

Fallout NV happened only because Obsidian is still around. Bethesda don't understand (and don't even want to) Fallout, but it's only a half of the problem, since they can't make decent RPGs anymore either (and again, don't even want to).

Hines

Savant
The new Wolfenstein is the best FPS since FEAR 1. Also, Arkane rules. And Fallout NV. Pure incline.

Try find another publisher with a similar portfolio.
Turning B.J. Blazkowicz into a teary-eyed coward who spouts pretentious Max Payne soliloquies is incline? The game started with a turret sequence!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom