Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

DeepOcean

Arcane
Did they cut the VO budget? You pass a long ass time with only diversity lady to talk to, I liked the pub more.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
retarded enemy respawn design decision tht cripples the game
I recall all enemies swarming to you like magnets once everyone was alarmed to your position in D1, only for entire portions of levels to remain empty with little left to kill. Isn't that still the case?

Sodafish

Arcane
retarded enemy respawn design decision tht cripples the game
I recall all enemies swarming to you like magnets once everyone was alarmed to your position in D1, only for entire portions of levels to remain empty with little left to kill. Isn't that still the case?

No. Only enemies within a certain distance are alerted.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://steamcommunity.com/games/403640/announcements/detail/585862112210538980

Dishonored 2 – PC Beta Update 1.3
30 November - JessBethesda
Dishonored 2 PC Beta Update 1.3 is now available via Steam as a Beta update. See below for patch notes and instructions for downloading.

Recommended drivers:
NVIDIA driver 375.95
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/111026/en-us
We have identified an issue with drivers 375.70 & 375.86 unique to Dishonored 2 which impacts performance. If not already, we strongly advise updating to driver 375.95.

AMD driver 16.11.4
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows 10 - 64&rev=16.11.4

How to access the Steam Beta
  • Right Click on Dishonored 2 in your Library.
  • Select Properties.
  • Select Betas.
  • A drop down menu will appear. Select BetaPatch.
  • Select CLOSE.
  • Wait a few minutes for game to update.
  • When done, Dishonored 2 [BetaPatch] should appear in your Library.

Update v 1.3 overview:
  • General performance and optimization improvements
  • Added a setting to turn OFF Camera Motion Blur
  • Additional mouse improvements
  • Fixed various issues related to user interface
  • Fixed various issues related to the Option menu
  • Fixed various issues related to multiple monitors

Update 1.3 notes:

Options
  • Added a setting to turn OFF Camera Motion Blur
  • Fixed a bug which caused some textures to be missing when Texture Quality was set above Medium for some GPUs
  • Fixed a bug where the game sometimes launched in the previously saved resolution in the top left corner of the screen
  • Fixed a bug where "Adaptive Resolution" was incorrectly set to "Manual"
  • Fixed a bug where changing the Screen Resolution, Monitor, Windowed Mode or Triple Buffering did not properly revert after selecting "No"
  • Fixed a bug where the player was incorrectly asked to confirm changes when no changes were made
  • Fixed a bug where V-Sync settings did not match the monitor refresh rate when higher than 60hz
  • Fixed a bug where pressing "No" in the confirmation prompt when changing Triple Buffering setting sometimes made the prompt appear again

Display / Monitor
  • Fixed a bug with multiple monitors which caused the game to not display on the primary monitor by default
  • Fixed a bug which caused some UI elements to be misplaced when using 5:4 or 4:3 aspect ratios
  • Fixed a bug which caused the game window to appear off screen when resolution was set below the native resolution for 1440P and 2160P monitors.
  • Fixed a bug which caused incorrect Resolution Scale FPS Target when changing V-Sync mode
  • Set default value for Resolution Scaling Quality to "Quality"
Rendering / Performance
  • Fixed a rendering bug affecting the lighting on some NPCs which sometimes caused a red glow
  • FPS limiter set to 60 FPS by default
  • Adjusted Shadow Quality settings – “High” setting and below have a more significant visual and performance adjustment
  • Reduced performance impact of transparent surfaces & VFX
Mouse
  • Fixed a bug impacting mouse movement speed
Known Issues
  • Switching off the V-Sync a second time sets the FPS Limiter to 30 instead of 60 by default
  • Changing the settings from TXAA to FXAA and not applying the change sets the TXAA Sharpness to 1 instead of its previous value
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting a controller during gameplay may cause the controls to become locked
    ----->Alt-tabbing or pressing the Xbox button on the controller should return controls
  • The game crashes to desktop when loading into gameplay on a Phenom II processor
    ----->Phenom II processors are currently not supported
  • Adaptive Resolution can get stuck at -1 when restoring video settings
    ----->Changing the V-Sync option will allow the Adaptive Resolution slider to move again

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
He's the second person I see who lists Far Cry 2 as their favorite game. I honestly fail to see why. It's a bland, boring game.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
FC2 might have been shit, but it was a hell of a lot better than 3 or 4. Primal is kinda ok with survivor mode.
No far cry 2 is worse than 3

From the little of FC2 I've played so far, it feels like the only non-retarded Ubisoft shooter made in the last decade. FC3 is like a jolly theme-park sim for kiddies in comparison.

Ivan

Arcane
FC3 has a much more popamole/predator feel to it. Ziggy's mod was the perfect mix of that + realism/STALKER ish survival and economy.

sullynathan

Arcane
FC2 might have been shit, but it was a hell of a lot better than 3 or 4. Primal is kinda ok with survivor mode.
No far cry 2 is worse than 3

From the little of FC2 I've played so far, it feels like the only non-retarded Ubisoft shooter made in the last decade. FC3 is like a jolly theme-park sim for kiddies in comparison.
Ubisoft made Rainbow Six Siege, the best shooter of this gen so far. Far Cry 3 is for kiddies, but the first 5 hours is enjoyable. Far Cry 2 stops being enjoyable after the first 20 minutes. Perhaps if it borrowed some mechanics from Far Cry 3 it would have been far better.

pippin

It begins: http://store.steampowered.com/app/403640/
Dishonored 2 already 33% discounted barely three weeks after release. I hope the game wasn't so financially disappointing to kill off the franchise.

Bethesda are one of the jewest stingiest companies when it comes to pricing and discounting games.
The only answer is that it performed like shit. However, this shouldn't be a surprise. AAA gaming entered the bubblegum era, where a game is cool for one week and then you forget about it. Mostly because a person would take one week to finish it in the first place.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Let me add to it that Bethesda completely ignores regional pricing and goes for the throat for us third worlders. Dishonored 2, Like Fallout 4 and D44M cost about as much as two other AAA games on Steam.

pippin

In our market it's not as severe, but they still went for the highest value for the USD -> CLP conversion. While for some companies a dollar means 500CLP, for Bethesda is at least 650CLP. When Steam got the local currency update for us, they appeared pretty much like the company who went for the highest prices for their games. Not even Activision charged as much as them.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't think saturation is the problem, Dishonored isn't fighting with the shoverware dump clogging steam, let's be frank, Dishonored 2 is just an HD version of Dishonored 1 with bigger levels, when you go to steam and see the "cool" shit you are supposedly to do on game is quite familiar with the "cool" shit you could do on Dishonored 1. If you played Dishonored 1, the feeling of deja vu is overhelming, I think most people just said "meh, played this already" and moved on besides... regional pricing as Excidium said is fucked up, Dishonored 2 isn't worthy the value is charged here on Brazil, actually, no game is worthy that amount.

Modron

Arcane
I don't think saturation is the problem, Dishonored isn't fighting with the shoverware dump clogging steam, let's be frank, Dishonored 2 is just an HD version of Dishonored 1 with bigger levels, when you go to steam and see the "cool" shit you are supposedly to do on game is quite familiar with the "cool" shit you could do on Dishonored 1. If you played Dishonored 1, the feeling of deja vu is overhelming, I think most people just said "meh, played this already" and moved on besides... regional pricing as Excidium said is fucked up, Dishonored 2 isn't worthy the value is charged here on Brazil, actually, no game is worthy that amount.
Plus with higher system requirement sequels you are selling to a smaller user base.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom