Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Still doesn't fucking launch for me with the newest nVidia driver and any version of the game.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Still doesn't fucking launch for me with the newest nVidia driver and any version of the game.

Or you might try this (found on Steam):

I had a similar issue. I believe the game is trying to boot into a resolution not native to your monitor and it doesn't play nicely with DSR and upscaling for some reason. Reason I say that, is when I was encountering this issue, my FPS counter was tiny which implies it was running at 4k for some reason.

Easy fix though - just delete the config file. I am at work so can't link the exact folder path but I believe it's something like:

<username>/Saved Games/Arkane Studios/Dishonored 2/base/config.cfg <--- Delete the config.cfg file. NOTE: DO NOT DELETE THE WHOLE FOLDER since your save games live in this folder as well.

This will reset your video settings to their default values though, so you may have to tweak anything else you had set up before.

Last edited:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
So I finished mission 5 with everything except a couple of blueprints.
So far this is the high point of the campaign for me. This mission is everything and then some. The cityscape is pretty tight and interconnected and leads to a pretty extensive half-dilapidated yet still majestic conservatory that is an absolute blast to get through, thanks to the very open layout, the sheer verticality and an insane amount of alternate pathways. Picking off the opposition one by one as quietly as possible is very satisfying in such a building. This mission manages to be even better than the others in my eyes.

Currently in the Dust District and oh boy does it remind me of Dark Messiah. :D

DeepOcean

Arcane
Do you have a command for that? Since I can't launch the damn game, there's no setting for me to change, and I can't find any commands.
Is it happening only on Dishonored 2 or are there other games you aren't running?

Siel

Arcane
Patron

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Do you have a command for that? Since I can't launch the damn game, there's no setting for me to change, and I can't find any commands.
Is it happening only on Dishonored 2 or are there other games you aren't running?
I also got Deus Ex 4, and that crashes after the intro videos, but it happens with any driver version. I'm guessing it's an unrelated issue. I just tried a few other graphics intensive games I've got installed, and they all run.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Try launching the game in windowed mode.

You can try this:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1040-JWMT-2947&l

Not sure if it works on IdTech
It doesn't =\

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Try launching the game in windowed mode.

You can try this:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1040-JWMT-2947&l

Not sure if it works on IdTech
It doesn't =\

There is one desperate move:
- uninstall game,
- uninstall Steam,
- install Steam,
- install game.

Just be sure you still know your Steam password.

Also try this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Mission 7. Wew, this has to be one of the best maps I've played in any game ever. Great mechanics and the mission itself is a great sneaker to boot.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing Corvo without powers. It's not for the challenge (there is none) instead this time I'm trying to enjoy the world design. With powers I would just rush through everything ... like I did in the first game (and it sucked).

First thing first, the game looks good and it's playable with the latest patch (I got 60fps constant).

Second thing is that I'm enjoying the game. Mostly because the world design is great and exquisite. I really like the attention to details: each object is part of the whole experience.

And the last thing is that AI still sucks. But this time they went "hardcore" - now it also cheats. Enemies can see you through walls or objects and sometime they even notice you with their backs. Really fucking stupid. Completely destroys the stealth experience. But whatever, I knew it's going to be shit.

Lean doesn't work properly - seems to be toggled or there is something wrong with how the engine interprets keyboard taps. I simply cannot use Lean in this game. Another bug feature.

The writing is so-so. Quite mediocre but nothing offensive until now. I simply hate the SJW vibes I get from the mutilated negress captain (the story is filled with "strong" women but it might change in the future).

I ghosted the first 3 missions (no kills, no detection) and I just found out that some runes cannot be accessed without powers (you need Blink and whatever Emily has). Good job Arkane.

31169348086_20147ef21c_o.jpg

31169348266_a92c0b9678_o.jpg

But like I've said before, the panoramas are gorgeous. Walking on roofs while hearing the wind is the sole reason I'm playing it :)

30383881684_d9c4c5dc48_o.jpg

31169344676_45ec0cefe3_o.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought a lot of the dialogue is really great. I've been enjoying the optional lines and the lore a lot.

The main plot is just - well, it's just there. Though as you said it's nothing offensive either. But I think the line-to-line writing is mostly good to very good.

Starwars

Arcane
So how "serious" are the recommended system requirements for this? I meet the minimum ones without any problems but not quite the recommended ones. Still possible to run it well with the new patch and all that?

Looks good.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Physical copy selling for $35 on US Amazon if anyone is so inclined.

Silva

Arcane
Finished Dust District and the Stilton mansion yesterday night. Absolutely terrific game. Clocked in 24 hours so far, with Emily Low Chaos, pacifist run (Quick Load spamming galore) on Hard.

The level design just blows me away.
I'm on the same point as you and I'm finding the game amazing from pure gameplay pov (the narrative is lacking).

If the quality don't inexplicably go down from now on I'm inclined to say this is the best first person stealth game ever, even beating Thiefs. The Stilton mansion alone is worth the purchase.

I come all over the place just thinking about the obvious DLC that will come down the line.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom