Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cinematic trailer:

Dishonored 2 takes your protagonist -- choose between Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin -- to the coastal city of Karnaca where the choices you make will have significant impact on the world.

Both assassins have their own unique set of powers, weapons, and tools to provide creative and exciting new ways to eliminate targets.

Dishonored 2 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC Spring 2016

That's in Serkonos. Mediterranean-Latin type setting, Corvo's homeland.

"Darkness of Tyvia" leak from last year confirmed as bullshit.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Not bad. I wonder if they'll go for voice protagonists this time around.

I think they will. Emily had voice and they already did voiced protagonist with DLCs.

Wonder who will voice Corvo. Just better not Troy Baker again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Backstory:

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized the throne from Empress Emily Kaldwin, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca – a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the mark of the Outsider and powerful new supernatural abilities, hunt down your enemies and forever alter the fate of the Empire.

From the post-show interview with Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio:

- No co-op. They're only focused on single player experience.

- Choose character at the beginning, and can't switch characters back and forth. It will makes sense from story perspective.

- Emily uses Corvo's sword, but powers are completely different and she has different animations and movement.

- Missions are basically same, but their views on the world and response from other characters are different.

- Detailed level design. Environmental storytelling.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ah, and they officially and clearly confirmed that Emily is...

Corvo's daughter.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Havey's Twitter:

what were going through your mind while making the new power for emily

"oh, shit, look at the production schedule"

What did you call Emily's shadow tether power? The one that looked like the tentacle arm from Prototype.

Far Reach...it can be upgraded in multiple ways

Playing as Emily is genius, is the architecture French-inspired this time?

spain, italy, greece, cuba

For #Dishonored2, is there going to be a DA Keep-style world-importer, or is the reality pre-selected?

we pick a canon

Looks like the Low Chaos timeline, no?

some parts...like Emily lived, lol

Also, in the trailer, was that a portrait of Sokolov behind (who I assume is) the Duke?

a portrait of Sokolov behind the Duke's Grand Inventor, Kirin Jindosh

THE MECH REMIND ME OF THE ORACULAR ORDER ARE THEY IN ANY WAY CONNECTED? :-D

nope

I don't know if you mentioned it, but what is canon in regards to Daud? Dead/Alive?

spared by corvo, i think

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I meant the two tentacle things you see at the end of the video :

028A016D4061616-c2-photo-oYToxOntzOjE6InciO2k6NjUwO30%3D-the-darkness-2.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Like the first game, Terri Brosius, Austin Grossman and Harvey are writing the game, also with two new writers (Cara Eliison, Sachka Sandra Duval).

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Ah, and they officially and clearly confirmed that Emily is...

Corvo's daughter.

That is quite an unresolved plot point though. Dynastic lines are heavily regulated and scrutinized, someone must have covered for Corvo and The Empress since Emily is the recognized heir. I doubt Dunwall society would be okay with their ruler becoming pregnant and then not saying who the father is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That is quite an unresolved plot point though. Dynastic lines are heavily regulated and scrutinized, someone must have covered for Corvo and The Empress since Emily is the recognized heir. I doubt Dunwall society would be okay with their ruler becoming pregnant and then not saying who the father is.

It's alluded to in the first game that people know Emily is Corvo's daughter, but it appears that they'd rather not bring it up. Perhaps during the Empress' reign they didn't want to cross her, and after she was murdered, they didn't want to do anything that could delegitimize Emily's claim to the throne (she was supposed to be the conspirators' puppet, after all) nor grant Corvo any legitimacy (as her father, he would be a likely choice of Regent)

There may also be some kind of Victorian sense of prudishness about the Empress' private life here

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

It's alluded to in the first game that people know Emily is Corvo's daughter, but it appears that they'd rather not bring it up. Perhaps during the Empress' reign they didn't want to cross her, and after she was murdered, they didn't want to do anything that could delegitimize Emily's claim to the throne (she was supposed to be the conspirators' puppet, after all) nor grant Corvo any legitimacy (as her father, he would be a likely choice of Regent)

There may also be some kind of Victorian sense of prudishness about the Empress' private life here

I was more referring to the time around Emily's birth since by the time of Dishonored 1 some sort of understanding must have been reached. I mean Emily's existence is sort of an affront to the entire noble class. Monarchs are expected to marry other high positions (princes and princesses mainly) to maintain good relations. Screwing around with your low born body guard and putting his kid on the throne is the kind of thing that might lead to civil war. Think of Foltest's children situation in Twitcher 2 or Emhyr's dilemma in Twitcher 3. No monarch (in any sort of realistic setting) can rule with zero support from nobles and other high positions. Also that prudishness disappears when it comes to royal lines, queens and other such high born females were checked monthly for their period (usually by nuns that were under oath not to lie) in Victorian England.

I do realize though that this is really far background world-building and it is a game about messing around on rooftops with your supernatural powers.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hmmm... environment looks a bit more interesting than the previous one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I was more referring to the time around Emily's birth since by the time of Dishonored 1 some sort of understanding must have been reached. I mean Emily's existence is sort of an affront to the entire noble class. Monarchs are expected to marry other high positions (princes and princesses mainly) to maintain good relations.

Yeah, I get it.

Note though that the Empress is actually only the second in her line (her father was the first Kaldwin emperor) so it's not clear that the Dishonored world is that incredibly strict about dynasticism (otherwise there'd be a longer-running dynasty in place)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha why would anyone hire Cara Ellison for anything

Better keep her on a tight leash

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, in Act 2 you kick them off bridges.
In act 2 there is an ogre that throws goblin over a ledge, then looks with hand covering from sun, how the goblin is flying down with interest. He's standing just next to the abyss. Back towards you...

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I should probably try the game again after 9 years (wtf... the fucking time). Maybe the pink glasses still sit on my nose. The recent playthrough of HL2 has shown me some games just don't work anymore for our raised standards. I bet, it's the same with Arx Fatalis.

What raised standards? What is there to compare Arx Fatalis to since 2002?

Lerk

Learned
Looking forward to this. Dishonoured was the game Thiaf wishes it could have been; great world building, the city and locations oozed atmosphere and the VA was amazing, and even more amazing, it didn't dominate. Hope Brad Dourif, Michael Madsen and Cersei Lannister Lena Heady are somehow still involved.

- No co-op. They're only focused on single player experience.

Good. Co-op is a cancer that is shoehorned into games that don't need it just to satisfy some dumbfuck development checklist (hi, Resident Evil) In a stealth game it would make zero sense.

Also brofisted Darth Roxor for making me remember how fucking cool that riff was :salute:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom