Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

potatojohn

Arcane
Styx : Third person stealth only game
Dishonored : First person action game with stealth elements

Is it better or still too grade school for you?
No it's fine

But I think you're exaggerating the difference. They're both action games with stealth elements. Styx is just more difficult (in a good way).

Siel

Arcane
Patron
No it's fine

But I think you're exaggerating the difference. They're both action games with stealth elements. Styx is just more difficult (in a good way).

Stix is good as a stealth game. But as it is a pure stealth game, combat is not viable at all. Which is a good thing for what it is.
Dishonored wasn't designed the same way from the start. It was more a Deus Ex with Thief influences. Which is why stealth is pretty weak as it was in Deux EX. I mean even Thi4f had better stealth than Dishonored.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Two Arkane projects in a single year? No way.

2017 at the earliest.

Don't think so. The prey project from Austin started around July 2013 (right after the release of The Brigmore Witches). If it's released Q4 2016 it means it was in development for 3 years (one year of preproduction, 2 years of development which is pretty standard for AAA). Arkane had a total of 70 persons back in 2012 (20 in Austin and 50 in Lyon). In 2014 they were 150 (70 people in both offices).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
There is no Prey project. Prey 2 was canceled. Also, Austin helps out with Dishonored 2 while a small pre-production team in Austin has been fleshing out the new game's concept. Once Dishonored 2 goes Beta, full production will take over the new IP.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another reason to push it would be so they don't have to compete with Deus Ex.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://kotaku.com/dishonored-2s-pax-booth-is-pretty-cool-1727472938

1407375150233397287.jpg

1407375150280158247.jpg

:obviously:

I have no clue why devs feel the need to include combat as part of stealth, it is completely superfluous, and detracts from the core of the experience as I never feel the least bit threatened by the experience.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have no clue why devs feel the need to include combat as part of stealth, it is completely superfluous, and detracts from the core of the experience as I never feel the least bit threatened by the experience.
Pure stealth games are a far smaller niche.

curry

Arcane
It's unbelievable how much effort and good art is wasted on a sub-par game.
Sub-par how? Dishonored was pretty good action adventure game, nothing suggests that Dishonored 2 is any worse

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom