Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Took me 24 hours to beat on my first stealth run.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's pretty cool that Daud is still around. Going to start a ghost playthrough of his DLC campaign(s) forthwith.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
33 hours doing OC and DLC without killing anyone on the highest difficulty. I also replayed some of the missions.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
330371Capturedecran20160918a161426.png

183393Capturedecran20160918a161439.png

364005Capturedecran20160918a161531.png

294609Capturedecran20160918a161539.png

265783Capturedecran20160918a161550.png

473461Capturedecran20160918a161602.png

932795Capturedecran20160918a161610.png

Siobhan

Arbiter
Took me about 3 months to finish the first one, playing about 4h every other Sunday or so. So, 25h?

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Concept art:

dishonored-2-the-bay-3fb2de-1@1x.jpeg

Originally meant to be a mood board, Sergey Kolesov pushed the limits here by showing the bay being hit by the sun and rain at the same time, while the mountain blows its dust along the wind corridor.

city_park-f286ee-1@1x.jpeg

“Imagine Havana or Genoa with spots downtown where you can see giant trees too big to be felled”: this was the brief given to the artist Laurent Gapaillard, who’s one of the most talented pencil artists in the world.

mood_dust_district-dishonored-2-c1ee8a-1@1x.jpeg

We really enjoy creating meaningful environments and the Dust District is a great example of this: a giant peak with silver mines at its base, a wind corridor that leads to a district at its end, and industrialization of the district with giant windmills - these were the starting points of the development of this area in Karnaca.

palace_01-f0265c-1@1x.jpeg

Built on the vestige of an old fort, the Palace of the Duke is the result of the clash between classical and noble materials with modern lines.

carte-ville-karnaca-bethesda-2-b9b62e-1@1x.jpeg

Thanks to the Serkonan Cartographic Society, some of our maps are topographic! The last wave of settlers was people from Gristol, who came in with money. They started a more structured urbanization with boulevards, a hidden harbor, and even a big canal splitting the island in two, from Quintana Gates to the far North.

cour-interieur-dishonored-2-41a5dd-1@1x.jpeg

Here we can grasp the inspiration from our photo trips to Barcelona and see how our visuals are influenced by how the player will move around the environment.

structures_windbreakers_03-55d7e3-1@1x.jpeg

Because the wind and dust can be so violent that it damages Karnaca’s buildings, we came up with the idea of giving buildings in the Dust District diamond shaped blocks to break the strength of the wind on its surfaces. We then added some wind panels to the edge of these blocks, which is what you can see in this image.

bloodflies_nest-01-c5b6d2-1@1x.jpeg

When you get a feature idea from the game design team, you never know how deep you’ll go in making it feel grounded into the world. The bloodflies ecosystem is a good example of where art mixes with story; showing that animation and gameplay can work well together

study-appartment-01.jpg

With this image we wanted to mix a British curiosity cabinet with a rich interior from Cuba or Italy. The goal was to create a contrast between Dunwall (location of the first Dishonored game) and Karnaca (primary location of Dishonored 2) in terms of tone and lighting.

Last edited:

opium fiend

Augur
It looks really cool and I look forward to D2 but I have to wonder if they'll run out of hype material before the game launches. Soon we'll be seeing playthroughs of whole levels and such.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More material, now about creative kills:

From the gritty streets of Dunwall to the shimmering opulence of Karnaca, every level in Dishonored 2 is a puzzle waiting for you to solve. Watch as both Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano showcase a few of the seemingly limitless creative combinations of their supernatural abilities, weapons and gadgets to dispatch their enemies. If you plan on facing your foes head-on, you may find some inspiration here.

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to take on the role of Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you make your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.

And the full achievement list with spoilers: http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/dishonored.com/Dishonored2_AchievementChecklist-02.jpg

Vibalist

Arcane
It's cool to see so much world building going into a game like this. The lore and background was always one of D1's strengths.
Bethesda could learn from this.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
everything about that video looks incredibly OP, but I'm slowly coming to realize that Dishonored was never much about challenge, but more about turning the player into an apex predator and trying to solve shit in the most creative way possible, sort of like how IGAvanias are more entertaining when you go in with self-imposed rules or a certain challenge

Vibalist

Arcane
It's a bit like the Arkham games, really. They're easy enough, but the true challenge lies in racking up combos/taking out enemies in creative ways.

I remember D1 had a dlc that was basically just a bunch of challenge packs with all sorts of imposed limitations. It was actually p. good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom