Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

---

Arcane
Nice, hope that the game will be well balanced to admit this playstyle.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the youtube E3 show Pete Hines just revealed that there's a new option in Dishonored 2, it's basically an entire new way to play through the game, called "Flesh and Steel" that serves also as a difficulty option.

Near the beginning of the game you can choose to not accept the gift and you will get zero powers or abilities, no blink or any super-natural powers so you have to play the entire game without any supernatural abilities at all
For those interested.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing without powers sounds good in principle however it also means that you'll never encounter special enemies like Daud. Cause a good opponent with powers should normally rape the player's avatar. Unless the AI is super shitty as usual.

Also stealth in Dishonored was boring with and without powers. They had no idea how to balance the powers in the 1st game and now they just double down by adding Emily's new abilities. Predator++.

I love the art-style and the world design but ... I just cannot find the excitement considering the first game. I don't know.

Space Insect

Arcane
The powers still look extremely OP. If they remain the same on release our best hope for some balance and challenge is if they are really stingy with healing and mana tubes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FWIW they are advertising "challenge" provided by detailed difficulty settings.

Customize your gameplay options and difficulty settings for an even more tailored adventure. You can make the experience more challenging (or easier) by changing myriad parameters related to stealth, movement and combat.

I wonder if this is inspired by the TTLG difficulty mod for the first game.

tormund

Arcane
More like Thief 2014's difficulty settings, which were one part of that game that people were praising.
They were still p unbalanced and untested AFAIK, and some of them could even break parts of game. One option reduced movement speed, but lower movement speed made game's shitty mandatory escape sections borderline impossible...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
The powers still look extremely OP. If they remain the same on release our best hope for some balance and challenge is if they are really stingy with healing and mana tubes.

I'd rather have an ambitious but flawed game where the powers are out of whack rather than a "well-balanced", focus-group approved, streamlined turd for the dirty masses.

Deleted member 7219

I did a non-lethal playthrough on hard, using only the blink power, and I really enjoyed the game. Would like to do something similar in this.

tormund

Arcane
I really enjoyed first Dishonored, but I would never recommend playing it stealthily WITHOUT powers in good faith. It's a lesser game that way, you are turning it into Thief Minus with much simpler stealth, less stealth-related gadgets and AI about on par with one from Thief 1&2. And it's not like you will be turning it into much more challenging game that way, game will still be easy unless player really has no experience with first person stealth games.

I can imagine powerless combat/high chaos playthrough being more fun and challenging than that, but I never tried to play the game that way.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
pHUUArJ.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Xb0el

Beowulf

Arcane
Wait, wait, wait - so you can choose to play as the guy, relinquish the magic gimmick and will have a Stephen Russell as voice actor?

And to think that I voted that Dishonored played more like DX, than Thief...

Divinity: Original Sin
Wait, wait, wait - so you can choose to play as the guy, relinquish the magic gimmick and will have a Stephen Russell as voice actor?

And to think that I voted that Dishonored played more like DX, than Thief...

Yeah. And it still will not be thief...

Beowulf

Arcane
Most likely. But I hope it will distance itself form the nuStealh games, like Splinter Cell, MGS V, Dishonored 1 and all those that are about cool kills and awesome buttons.

Who am I kidding. Time to download some TDM missions.

BobtheTree

Savant
Like how this is shaping up. Also digging that there's a mode where you can play without powers. Imagine it'll feel a lot like playing Thief.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Dishonored wishes it could have half the depth of Thief.. I'll stick to teleporting around like a retard and flaying guards with shadow hands of doom..

If the game isn't gonna try, I'm not either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom