Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Dishonored 2 - Emily and Corvo's Serkonan Vacation

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I think the Frankenstein is supposed to be Blazkowicz, and the hazmat suit guy is supposed to be Doomguy. Bastardizations, the lot of them.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/dishonored-2-release-date-revealed/2016/04/26/115

This holiday, you’ll take back what’s rightfully yours. Dishonored 2, the sequel to Arkane Studios’ critically acclaimed first-person action game, will release worldwide on November 11 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

New details about the game will be revealed in Game Informer’s exclusive cover story, available on Saturday, May 7, with the digital edition available today. The world premiere of Dishonored 2 gameplay will take place during Bethesda’s 2016 E3 Showcase being held in Los Angeles, California, on June 12 beginning at 7pm PST, and streamed live around the world via Twitch and YouTube.

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you make your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.

Dishonored2_Body_DE_730x422.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/dishonored2.aspx

cov_278_v2_l.jpg

:shittydog::bounce:

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Never understood the appeal of dishonered. Tried it. Hated it with all my heart. So banal boring shit, it oozes through. Really a bland experience.

Eh.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Didn't played much the first one (lost focus to another title).
Then went back later only to find that I need to buy game again, in GotY, because DLC cost more than basic game. Lost interest somewhere here.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'd wish they don't make you super OP like in the first game, but when has a sequel to a game post-2007 ever been more complex than its predecessor?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Didn't played much the first one (lost focus to another title).
Then went back later only to find that I need to buy game again, in GotY, because DLC cost more than basic game. Lost interest somewhere here.
The DLC are optional, you won't miss much, the DLCs story is uninteresting and while there are a couple of interesting levels on it, they aren't all that much better than the ones on the campaign. The DLCs use some extensive copy pasting from the main campaign too, some entire levels are just modified versions of the campaign levels. While I enjoyed the new levels, you will feel a strong feeling of deja vu playing them, you will do fine just sticking to the original game and ignoring the DLC.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'd wish they don't make you super OP like in the first game, but when has a sequel to a game post-2007 ever been more complex than its predecessor?
They are talking of adding more ways for enemies to counter your powers like that overseer machine, at least they are aware the game is unbalanced on the easy side, what is something coming from an AAA developer, but if they are willing to actually make your life more difficult... we will see.

tormund

Arcane
One of my major fears is that they will nerf the powers. It was powers like blink and slowing/stopping of time IN COMBINATION with layouts and placement & behavior of AI that made first game too easy, not powers on their own. They should work on level design and improved AI that would balance out the powers, instead of following the easy route and limiting the powers.

Never understood the appeal of dishonered. Tried it. Hated it with all my heart. So banal boring shit, it oozes through. Really a bland experience.

Eh.
It's funny how the one recent game that you aren't white knighting around here is the one that most Codexers apparently like.:D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Behead those who dislike The Brigmore Witches

(Seriously, any Thief fan should play it just because its final level is the closest you will ever get to a Thief Pagan level made by a modern AAA)

One of my major fears is that they will nerf the powers.

O_o

DeepOcean

Arcane
Do you need to play as a pussy again for the "good" endings?
Hope not, "Be a cuck and the universe will conspire at your favour!" was fucking annoying, I understood they tried to add some reactivity to the gameplay but there are better ways to do it.

tormund

Arcane
Behead those who dislike The Brigmore Witches

(Seriously, any Thief fan should play it just because its final level is the closest you will ever get to a Thief Pagan level
Not only visuals and atmosphere but even details like

non lethal way to eliminate head witch being taken straight from final confrontation with Trickster in TDP

One of my major fears is that they will nerf the powers.

O_o
When people talk about first game being to easy, they always focus on powers instead of how other elements weren't able to balance them out.

I wouldn't want to see something like blink being nerfed. Compare the way Dishonored handles player's movement and mobility and how blink further enhances them with how the player is literally glued to the ground in a reboot of certain other series that was a big inspiration for Dishonored.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I heard that when you poke someone too much, and he die, you get bad ending where everything turn into shit. Found that funny but it's that true? Or bit exaggerating?
Is ghosting ever possible (without powers or not)?

Ivan

Arcane
Although the combat was horribad, the movement in Dishonored is fucking fantastic. I really enjoyed playing it like Thief.

I will second that the DLC is prob the best part of the game.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
One of my major fears is that they will nerf the powers. It was powers like blink and slowing/stopping of time IN COMBINATION with layouts and placement & behavior of AI that made first game too easy, not powers on their own. They should work on level design and improved AI that would balance out the powers, instead of following the easy route and limiting the powers.
there is a reason why a guy with fucking time-stop abilities was the final boss of Stardust Crusaders
unless the enemy has magic abilities which nullify your abilities, your magic powers need some serious rework. they tried limiting the player from just running through by adding those electric barriers, but even those were easily bypassed. in the original design document, powers would cost health, meaning you couldn't Blink around like a retard, but the playtesters were Blinking around like retards, so they changed that.

Blink, like most abilities, is just inherently OP. It allows you to just bypass many obstacles with little risk, as opposed to something like a grappling hook.
Compare this to Arx Fatalis where your build would define your playstyle, to Dark Messiah where all playstyles where mostly centered around combat and each tree you invested in gave you a certain edge in combat, whereas Dishonored has you already start as a bad-ass-dude and continues to make you even MORE badass through straight-up superpowers. Dishonored shows no restraint in its progression, and all challenge is self-imposed as a result. I mean, how would you try to challenge the player who can stop time, teleport around large distances, possess animals and humans, summon a pile of carnivorous rats, and stun everyone in front of him with wind, and shoot anyone in the head? Then you have to keep in mind that you can play the game stealthily, meaning on top of all this killing potential, most of the enemies won't even see it coming.
All of these powers are limited by energy, but energy potions are so damn plentiful anyways if you don't use powers for literally everything.

Although the combat was horribad, the movement in Dishonored is fucking fantastic. I really enjoyed it playing it like Thief.

I will second that the DLC is prob the best part of the game.
This, they should have built the game around the movement rather than combat.

Athos

Arcane
I heard that when you poke someone too much, and he die, you get bad ending where everything turn into shit. Found that funny but it's that true? Or bit exaggerating?
Is ghosting ever possible (without powers or not)?
No, to get the totally bad ending you have to act like a mass murderer in every mission. If you play with a thief-like style, occasionally killing some dudes or killing only the target, the chaos level will remain low. You can do a no-kills no-powers ghost playthrough.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Voice actors :

Dishonored 2 Taps Vocal Talent From Game of Thrones, Daredevil, And The Wire

Kaldwin610.jpg

The original Dishonored had no shortage of voice acting talent, tapping big names like Susan Sarandon (Dead Man Walking), Lena Headey (Game of Thrones), and John Slattery (Mad Men) to bring its characters alive. The sequel is promising an equal commitment to quality with a new bevy of familiar voices from Hollywood, television, and even classic games in the stealth action lineage.

Arkane Studios shared a handful of these names with us when we journeyed to Lyon, France to see Dishonored 2 in action for the first time. Here they are:

Donofrio.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio

Character: Luca Abele, Duke of Serkonos

Best Known For: Daredevil (Wilson Fisk), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Det. Robert Goren),Full Metal Jacket (Pvt. Pyle), Men In Black (Edgar)

Dawson.jpg

Rosario Dawson

Character: Meagan Foster, Dreadful Wale Captain

Best Known For: Kids (Ruby), Sin City (Gail), Daredevil (Claire Temple), Deathproof(Abernathy), Seven Pounds (Emily Posa)

Pedro.jpg

Pedro Pascal

Character: Paolo, Howler Gang Leader

Best Known For: Game of Thrones (Oberyn Martell), Narcos (Javier Pena), The Good Wife(Nathan Landry), The Mentalist (Agent Marcus Pike)

Rockwell.jpg

Sam Rockwell

Character: Mortimer Ramsey, Dunwall City Watch

Best Known For: Moon (Sam Bell), Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (Chuck Barris),Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Zaphod Beeblebrox), Galaxy Quest (Guy Fleegman), The Green Mile (Wild Bill Wharton)

Hector.jpg

Jamie Hector

Character: Liam Byrne, Vice Overseer

Best Known For: The Wire (Marlo Stanfield), Heroes (Benjamin "Knox" Washington), Max Payne(Lincoln Deneuf), Bosch (Jerry Edgar), Halo: Reach (Emile)

Taylor.jpg

Robin Lord Taylor

Character: The Outsider

Best Known For: Gotham (Oswald Cobblepot), Accepted (Abernathy Darwin Dunlap), Another Earth (Robert Williams)

Russell.jpg

Stephen Russell

Character: Corvo Attano

Best Known For: Thief (Garrett), Fallout 4 (Nick Valentine/Codsworth), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Prince Clavicus Vile/Mercer Frey)

Luttrell.jpg

Erica Luttrell

Character: Emily Kaldwin

Best Known For: The Magic School Bus (Keesha Franklin), Fallout 4 (Darla)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Riskbreaker

Stephen Russell

Character: Corvo Attano

:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom