Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that the No truce for the furries/Disco Elysium dev loved by all Codexers? Hmm.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that the No truce for the furries/Disco Elysium dev loved by all Codexers? Hmm.

The "all games need to be banned in order for people to truly see how great my RPG is" dev? Yep lol.

He must be really confident that it can stand on it's own merit. Can't wait.

Learn to read. He was responding to a tweet from Josh Sawyer along the lines of: you don’t need to play games if you’re going to be the Werner Herzog of gaming.

All Rostov’s saying in the tweet is that he’d very much like to see the emergence of a Werner Herzog of gaming, with the implication that not playing video games will not, in fact, produce this result. None of this is about Rostov himself or No Truce. I don’t know how you read any of that into it. Or how you translated his purely political comments on Dishonored and Wolfenstein into opinions about gameplay (in fact he outright praises Dishonored’s gameplay, which is the exact opposite of what you took away from that tweet). What an active imagination!

Using No Truce’s skill system, I’d say you put too many points into Inland Empire.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Junmarko Where does he praise Wolfensteins gameplay though? He said you should play it with 2 screens so you could watch Spencer get knocked in the teeth on the other screen.

The only thing i can read into his comment is his appearant urge to shit into the cereal bowl of some alt-right snowflakes. It is, admittedly, not the most grown up or sophisticated thing to do, but its not as juvenile or outrageously stupid as actually thinking Wolfenstein 2 is a good game.

edit: god fucking damnit i am defending people on the internet. This is against my new years resolution.

luinthoron

Learned
Dishonored and Hitman's gameplay are very much built on the same free-roaming/open level design as Deus-Ex/Thief - but apparently he has a problem with Hitman because because it's masking violence as: "complex systems based creative expression!".
That has nothing to do with the gameplay, though... He's simply (and quite correctly, IMO) pointing out that it's silly for a game about being a hitman to pretend it's not about murdering people.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will only buy this game if I can practice the Juche idea.

kim-jong-un2.jpg

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
I see you guys having fun here and I want to partake so I´ll add that I personally felt that Wolfenstein New Colossus Manhattan ruins did Fallout better than how Fallout 3/4 managed it. And it did that as a railroaded FPS. That is an achievement in my book :mrpresident:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Bringing up cop uniforms (from the US even better) as proof against "fashy" design... not the best call
That's the joke. Ideology doesn't matter to people anymore, the power lies in the accusation rather than the fact. You could be a fucking homeless person, but if I say you look a little "fashy" - you are.

Shut up don't question it or I'll behead you, Nazi.

I'm not exactly sure I get what you mean tbh... We are talking about "fashy" uniforms, not necessarily fascists that wear them. That's what I got at least.

For me the uniforms presented in the pics above are definitely inspired by authoritarian "aesthetics". What they represent or try to represent is a different matter.

I can also ideologically argue about how "democratic" are the police forces in most of the "western civilization" at the moment but that would open a very big discussion

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta admit, I'm kinda jealous that I can't give enough of a fuck to be as triggered as Junmarko is

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I can also ideologically argue about how "democratic" are the police forces in most of "western civilization" at the moment but that would open a very big discussion
Haha of course it would. Because no one would acknowledge facts. Like how no one ever flees from a "democratic" place to one that isn't (that's just Nazi talk).
I don't get you exactly again, you probably have something specific in mind. I can acknowledge all facts dont worry. Where to "flee" to? You can only pick your poison.

Prime Junta

What puzzles me is how fascists get triggered when somebody points out that fashy aesthetics look fashy. Shit or get off the can already.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
chinese-flag-waving-gif-animation-18.gif

Lol that is a clear red flag,will wait on the game. Doubt that i will give money for it now.

What puzzles me is how fascists get triggered when somebody points out that fashy aesthetics look fashy. Shit or get off the can already.
No self respecting fascist will dress like that communist peasant. When you do mass murdering,at least do it in style and finely dressed.:smug:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, you can't half-arse it like this if you by the Bethesda style of marketing. You need to go in for it 100%!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom