Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I want to yell like a madman!

EDIT: Because of these helpless articles and zero actual info! Beluga roar!

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
GUANGZHOU WAS SO NICE WE WROTE ABOUT IT TWICE
KAUR KENDER

At the beginning of November, we showed off the Disco Elysium demo, localized to Simplified Chinese, at Games Fusion Lite Guangzhou for the first time ever. We made it. Man I’m happy about it.

Let me start with thank yous. To all the kind people who came to the show in Guangzhou and played our Chinese demo build, thank you. I cannot describe what it meant to us to see so many of you to really dive in and laugh at jokes and really enjoy this first hour or so of Disco Elysium gameplay. And thank you for so many of you for the kind words after playing. We were humbled by your curiosity and compliments and still are. It is you we are making this game for and you really know how to motivate us to push even more! Thank you, fantastic people.

Thank you to G-cores crew for making us feel welcome in a new place. You really know how to organize this kind of events. Everything was super smooth, easy and fun. Yeah I never thought that going to shows can be such a fun. But it was. And thank you Frank, our hero, our volunteer who did all the heavy lifting organizing players and ques and all. Also thank you to Tap Tap for sponsoring our booth. And thank you Allen Wang for taking us to the best hot pot we ever had. See you on May 2019 at Beijing Show!

IMG_3278-700x525.jpg

To Whispergames– Li, Xuan, and your amazing translators: It was really great that you came to visit us at the show. So you saw it with us: your translation was amazing, people came to us and repeatedly told us it is some of the best writing in video games they’ve ever seen. It was mad cool to see you, Li, to replay: yes, this is what we do – the best. Still, we all know how much is yet to be done but this trip confirmed – we will make it and we will make it great. Thank you. And thank you for taking us to the incredibly good dinner. Guangzhou is a food capital of the world for sure and you made us feel like home!

IMG_3190-525x700.jpg

And whole ZA/UM crew and our friends and partners in Estonia, UK, Poland, US, France, wherever you are – thank you. Disco Elysium is something truly special thanks to each and every one of you. Its art, writing, mechanics, and quality are so good already that I can’t wait when we can give it to the people who are really waiting for it everywhere from Seattle to Guangzhou, from Lapimaa to Cap Horn. We know that there is this final push and polish and we better make it good.

WhatsApp-Image-2018-11-21-at-17.25.40-394x700.jpeg

ZA/UM feels more and more like a Global and Communist Wu-Tang Clan. And there is no doubt that we will deliver Disco Elysium with a bang.

Till then wishlist us on Steam to get updates when Disco Elysium will be released.

And follow us on Weibo to know more of Disco Elysium in Chinese and and find out when it will be available.

Thank you

Kaur
Executive Producer
ZA/UM

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
There aren't any food stamps in Communism. You queue at the counter like a normal person.

Pic related:
in-communist-poland-every-day-was-black-friday-crazy-polish-7436145.png
These guys could be queueing to see a Beatles concert, albeit it looks a little too orderly for that.

If you take shit out of context you can label any photograph and try to make it illustrate a much more complex system.

Google a little and look at some random stats that pop up from Communist America from just a few years ago:

image002.jpg

Perhaps not the best retort, but that’s not my point here:

In all seriousness famine and economic insecurity are issues globally right now and they span economic and political systems.

You can snicker all you want with your buddies, but if you really want to discuss the merits of Communism or Liberal democracy and capitalism, sure go for it, but don’t just flaunt your memes to me.

Deleted Member 22431

In all seriousness famine and economic insecurity are issues globally right now and they span economic and political systems.

You can snicker all you want with your buddies, but if you really want to discuss the merits of Communism or Liberal democracy and capitalism, sure go for it, but don’t just flaunt your memes to me.
:updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom