Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Disciples of the Storm Kickstarter launched! (Netstorm remake)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ooh, I loved that game. Not going to back it tho, kickstarter is too hit and miss for me.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
So it's basically Netstorm in (shitty) 3d. Obligatory edgy full list of reasons we need that:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1. It will actually work on modern PCs.
2. It will have a decent resolution for modern screens.
3. Dunno, hopefully will be faithful to the original with a better AI?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You can run NS in widescreen by simply editing the cfg file, everything will be small, but obviously still better than the level of 3d graphics that projects like these usually boast.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I was listening to the video... and then I heard "... and will be rendered in Unity.".
Ugh.

This is - in many cases - a very sure sign of "I don't know how to make games, but I can use the Unity editor".
Let's see then....
Nathan J. Hunt who has been doing small mod projects in the game modding community for a number of years. Along with managing Storm Isle Productions, he entered the "Make Something Unreal" contest with an RTS mod for UT2k4 Uskaarj - which converted the UT FPS game into a full RTS inside UT and UT2k4. This mod received an honorable mention in the contest and was published in a number of gaming magazines.
Well, at least he does know his way around different toolsets.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom