Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Zwist

Learned
This world is shrouded in twilight, let us embrace the flame and bring forth a new dawn.
We took a pilgrimage based on our belief, we should not doubt, nor shun to do the work that is necessary.
This town is in need of help, of that there is no doubt, it should be a bastion of faith and is not; For why else would the priest need the help of a stranger?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If the Sheriff's lost to the mountain, the town loses the only man still keeping a semblance of order in the place. Besides, he has a daughter. Are you gonna be the one who tells her that Papa isn't coming back anymore? :(

Zwist

Learned
But of what use is a semblance of order if there is no hope? Better to risk being lost to the mountain than wallowing in ungodly apathy. Is not his daughter of able body too? Take here with him, I say. Take every able bodied person I say. March too the mountain chanting prayers. Bring glory an piety back to this place that has forsaken it. This is the only way.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
1 Might as well go balls deep into this religious shit if we ain't going to play hangman.

oscar

Arcane

Setting off without equipment and supplies is a certain doom, this man's quest just a possible (knowing root, probable) one. Lying through our teeth in the name of our god in a fantasy setting also seems pretty foolish.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
1 - For equipment, and we've been heading to the mountain for 5 years. Why not go part of the way up and investigate rather than touch the base and run away? Out interests happen to coincide with the bible-thumper.

Esquilax

Arcane
The atmosphere you've painted is fucking great, root.

As for the choice, how much noise will a firebomb make? Seeing as our character has some experience with alchemy, he ought to know this. It might not be a bright idea considering our proximity to the fortress and the fact that we're in a swamp. Issus would certainly approve of this though*, and it would likely strengthen our fanaticism and resolve further. We've also got limited material for this journey (we've barely got a week's supply and we're already on Day 5), so I'd rather throw a firebomb when we're in deeper shit. Plus, the girl might serve as a decent guide.

Troglodyte diplomacy sounds stupid, and I don't like two-on-one odds against our guy, even if these creatures appear to be weak.

Based on that, I am voting 2. 3

* This might be a fine little racket Issus is pulling:

As you pass through the town’s gates and the old oak, your eye is drawn to something you noticed before but ignored: the hanged men all have burns on the palms of their right hands.
Whenever a traveler comes by, he gets somebody to take their shit. Then, seeing as he's one of the town's head honchos, the options for said traveler are either to go on Issus' fucked up little errand or die. Anything a man does in the name of God cannot be wrong, so if they have to go insane to gather the Godsblood, that's perfectly fine.

oscar

Arcane
Would a fire-bomb use a lot of our supplies? Or is it something quick to create that we've got lots of the material for?

Baltika9

Arcane
On the one hand, we have the logical approach of a stealth takedown/physical confrontation. On the other, I do want to play a religious fanatic.

Actually, before I do vote, root, what is our God's policy on rape and if it is punishment/execution, then what kind? Is execution by immolation his proffered method?

oscar

Arcane
In that case I think we should save it for something a bit more threatening.

3, the two of them should be simple enough to dispatch. Only worry is alerting the fortress.

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 your character knows as much as you do
So he cannot into Choices and Consequences? We're screwed then, aren't we? Well, in that case going all
SS442-deus-vult-god-wills-it-steel-sign-1.jpg

is pointless, since we don't know what Deus really Vults.
Hence, voting 3, since the text states that we are more competent with hand-to-hand combat than sleep-darts.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can only assume this was our prayer during the ceremony was this:
I must not fear
Fear is the mind killer
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

Anyways, I vote 5 burn the heathens! Unless we might accidentally burn the woman too, in which case I want 2 since you're saying what we pick makes our character. I like the idea of being able to use blowdarts.

eklektyk

Erudite
Fire is the best, put their flammability to the test.
at first wanted to go stealth but how can i say no to some sploshions??? and btw we dont have food/supplies for us and woman so somebody has to go ... M:

5 5 5 5 5

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom