Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No rollbacks, casualfags. :rpgcodex:

asxetos

Augur
Seriously, just when i finished reading the thread you HAD to make pilgrim a fag and kill him?
ffs

Esquilax

Arcane
not sure I understand. Are you saying you don't think this is a fair ending for the LP?

"That's when I knew Jimmy was going to wack Morrie. That's how it happens. That's how fast it takes for a guy to get wacked."

Well, I don't know. With an organization like this, I got the impression that this is how fast it takes to get wacked. You don't please your shadowy masters, you make one mistep, you fuck up even once, and just like that, you die. A death in a group like this is supposed to be anti-climactic. You could take a dagger to the throat in a dark alleyway real fast working with people like this.

Still, if you're not pulling everybody's leg here, I don't like the way that this was executed - we don't even know the sort of rules the Optikos enforces among their members, how serious they are about piety, or even, what sort of specific rules on sex the religion in this setting has. Even a guy like the Pilgrim who could get killed out of nowhere in an organization like this should at least know this sort of stuff, or at least, what sort of behaviour they could conceivably kill him for.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Its not legitimate since there was no vote on pilgrim's sexual preference (although i am pretty sure he would turn up gay if there was a vote anyway).

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't like the way that this was executed - we don't even know the sort of rules the Optikos enforces among their members, how serious they are about piety, or even, what sort of specific rules on sex the religion in this setting has. Even a guy like the Pilgrim who could get killed out of nowhere in an organization like this should at least know this sort of stuff, or at least, what sort of behaviour they could conceivably kill him for.
I disagree, not knowing all and watching your step makes for a good LP, I have always been against the typical D&D attiude where everything should be listed somewhere, what I think is unfair here is that was decided based on a stray random post, if this would have the general consensus of the players I won't complain.
By the wat this seems just a big "Fuck It" from Root, so, if he wants to end here so be it.

Esquilax

Arcane
I disagree, not knowing all and watching your step makes for a good LP, I have always been against the typical D&D attiude where everything should be listed somewhere, what I think is unfair here is that was decided based on a stray random post, if this would have the general consensus of the players I won't complain.
By the wat this seems just a big "Fuck It" from Root, so, if he wants to end here so be it.

Ah, perhaps I should have articulated this better. Absolutely, we're a lowly drone in a massive machine with very powerful people who we haven't met - we shouldn't know all the rules here. We're expendable, and someone could want to get rid of us for reasons completely beyond our control.

But, if, in this case, the governing religion thinks that being a fag is worthy of death, and you're around people that are part of that organization - well, then a smart, perceptive guy like Pilgrim should have the wits to realize "Gee, maybe I shouldn't go on cock adventures with these bros around."

Kz3r0

Arcane
Ah, perhaps I should have articulated this better. Absolutely, we're a lowly drone in a massive machine with very powerful people who we haven't met - we shouldn't know all the rules here. But, if, in this case, the governing religion thinks that being a fag is worthy of death, and you're around people that are part of that organization, a smart, perceptive guy like Pilgrim should have the wits to realize "Gee, maybe I shouldn't go on cock adventures with these bros around."
Maybe he failed his resist gayness roll.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Or maybe Vyck just personally hates gays with some massive trauma in his backstory, and is projecting that upon the Optikos to justify his urge to murder sodomites.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
D-Did we just literally got killed by being faggot!?

Alas even when codex goes to place where there is highest chance to get laid with women, you guys still choose dicks.

:x

Esquilax

Arcane
:yeah:

The wait for these glorious updates is too long and painful. Bumping to move it to the next page.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The golden shower is coming...I cant wait!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom