Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Baltika9

Arcane
root, what exactly is the title of Khedive and what are the privileges, responsibilities and powers of his office?

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Wait, so why are we telling this guy where the Godsblood is again? I like Elim just fine, but the Pilgrim isn't a good guy, so I'm curious as to why we're playing him as one. I mean, we'll send Alia off to certain death, we'll sacrifice a troglodyte for ULTIMATE POWER (yes, it backfired spectacularly, but it's the thought that counts) and we'll turn the entire Duskhold into molten slag, but we'll draw the line at not helping Elim. Seems kinda schizophrenic on our part - what are the practical advantages of telling him?

Until I'm swayed, I'm all for continuing to be a cunt and going with 2 on this one.

Baltika9

Arcane
Resources for the future. He likes us, and doing him a solid will give us an ally in the future.
Eventually we will split with the Legate and start seeking our own power, having the Ashguard's loyalty will be a good step for that.

Let's flip the script: what are the practical advantages of not telling him?

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
That sounds good, but the Ashguard seem to be loyal to their duty above all else. We might earn some gratitude, leeway, or a favor, but I seriously doubt we'll get their loyalty. Every damn body we've met seems to be out for themselves or their god or their organization, and they don't hesitate to screw us over, and harshly, if it is expedient to their goals to do so.

Baltika9

Arcane
Elim is very contrary to the Asguard's status quo, though, and he's going places. Yes, everyone has zero problems sacrificing and screwing us over for their goals because that's the best way we can serve their goals right now. But we're not staying a miserable, powerless no-name forever. I'm thinking of this as building connections for the future.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Elim is very contrary to the Asguard's status quo, though, and he's going places. Yes, everyone has zero problems sacrificing and screwing us over for their goals because that's the best way we can serve their goals right now. But we're not staying a miserable, powerless no-name forever.

while I personally hope you don't, the thought strikes me as deeply amusing, particularly more so given the fact that if you don't want to be a nameless worker whore drone you probably shouldn't have gone with the option that said would make you into one

1 seems to be in the lead in any case, when I wake up i'll lock, tally and post it.
Eh, I'm pretty sure there'll will be enough opportunity to screw it up and thus make a name for ourselves.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
while I personally hope you don't, the thought strikes me as deeply amusing, particularly more so given the fact that if you don't want to be a nameless worker whore drone you probably shouldn't have gone with the option that said would make you into one

1 seems to be in the lead in any case, when I wake up i'll lock, tally and post it.
It's the =][= way. We have to be meaner, smarter and more ruthless than our Master to usurp his position.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom