Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Longinus

Educated
A query for the Quaestor.

"And what do you exactly intend to do should we ever catch up with our quarry?"

Rex Feral

Prophet
Don't know if I have to pass a roll chech or not but...

Who were those 3 persons we saw in the distance?

It is in this reverie that I glimpse three figures far off into the distance, outlined against the splitting sky. I open my mouth to warn the Quaestor but another sheet of lightning allows me to see the third figure more clearly, a caricature of an emaciated and feral woman on all fours and, wet bone-white hair trailing behind it. My stomach heaves violently when I realize the thing is not stalking but bounding alongside the other two, like a dog would its master.

Might be a question for the Quaestor.

Baltika9

Arcane
1. Ask the Ashguard: What are our career prospects as a servitor serf for the Ashguard?
2. Ask the Ashguard: Do they have a library in their HQ and if yes, would it be adequate for Pilgrimbro's curiosity?
3. Ask the Legate: Why is the Legate pursuing Issus and the blind woman?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Ask the false legate, "What are the lizard beasts called?"

edit

Not sure I've got this rolling thing down...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Ask the Legate "Who or what is the blind woman exactly?"

Baltika9

Arcane
"You think you'll find an honest man in Issus, pilgrim? Did you think him just? Did you think his circumstances were reason enough for his crimes?" The Legate pauses at this, and narrows his eyes, seemingly displeased with his thoughts " 'Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.' That is from a man from another time, a time when fire was...less. Now fire is our test also. All men are honest when upon the pyre. Their screams are in earnest." He pauses again "But if we wanted an honest world, we'd run out of men before running out of wood."

His gaze is lost in the distance, far away from the twisting shapes of the Shadesreach.

"Honest men are made, not found. What do you think you will find at the end of this quest? Do you think if we were to burn the eyeless one, we'd have found a truth?"

I merely stare, thinking that perhaps I should not have started this conversation.

"Men burn, and are all the more honest for it...Yet not all things burn, pilgrim."
I love this guy if this is his real philosophy.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
1. sounds more appropriate than the Ashguard. Who knows though.

We're going to die horribly regardless.

Longinus

Educated
Was was leaning towards 3 but recent answers made me reconsider. Fuck it, horizon trio and Quaestor in particular seems like too interesting company to pass. Hence I am voting 1.

Esquilax

Arcane
I was a bit confused by this exchange:

“If I were to join you, I would have questions answered first. What were you seeking here? Who is that girl? What happened in Denn?”

At the mention of the last name a shadow passes over his face; for a fleeting instant there is an expression of surprise. It is quickly gone and I don’t think he knows I’ve noticed. By way of a response, He echoes his words:

“I hold you to nothing because you know nothing.” He pauses and adds “Yet.”

I am just caught up and I don't understand what the Quaestor is surprised about. We heard certain rumors regarding Denn even before we met Kurze, so I don't understand what this is referring to.

Anyways, I am loving our PC's burgeoning megalomania, and I prefer him as an insane instrument of God rather than a lackey. Going our own way is a great way of getting ourselves killed in three updates (whereas we'd survive at least four with some bros at our side), but I'd rather like the Pilgrim to not trade one set of chains for another.

Baltika9

Arcane
1, I see no reason not to. That way, we'll have some allies in the future when we become the next Inquisitor Legate.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Damned if he does, but accursed if he doesn't. Hopefully he'll not be stupid about this.

Esquilax

Arcane
This might be a test. If we tell him, I have a hunch he might kill the pilgrim.

No, I think that the real trouble with revealing the location won't come from Elim, who I'm rather fond of:

“I hold you to nothing because you know nothing.” He pauses and adds “Yet.”

The Quaestor lies. I do know something. I know where to find the Godsblood. Would they really let me live with that knowledge if I chose to turn away from them?

I mean, if the Quastor and the false Legate figure out that we've shared this little tidbit with the Ashguard, we could find ourselves in the belly of one of those lizard-beasts.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I take it we can't just drop some vague hints and leave him to figure out where the place is.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Eh, look, the longer it takes for him to figure it out, the more distance between he and the Pilgrim, and longer time it might take for the Questionator to figure that we'd have blabbed something.

Besides, it'll kill time.

Esquilax

Arcane
Eh, look, the longer it takes for him to figure it out, the more distance between he and the Pilgrim, and longer time it might take for the Questionator to figure that we'd have blabbed something.

Besides, it'll kill time.

In that case, couldn't we just tell Elim where it is and say "Ok bro, since I can't have the Legate finding this shit out, start looking for it after a few weeks so I don't get killed"?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
[quote="root]which granted might be funny, you could come back at ash mountain like a year from now and find elim going around in circles, mad with starvation and thirst, crying out your name in fury to the God above.[/quote]
SOLD!

So we give him 40 pages worth of detailed instructions, and then, in the last line, fine-print- yeah, I've ruled all these places out, search the rest.

I have nothing against telling him, I was actually wondering out aloud in response to Esquilax.

Longinus

Educated
That was one fast update.

Root, can you tell us what did Pilgrim receive? In other words, before telling him anything I would like our PC to unwrap the package and immediately ask Elim about its purpose.

Rex Feral

Prophet
1. He's been a bro, I'm sad to separate from him, this could have blossomed into a friendship. Maybe we'll be seeing him later. Might be a good fact too, since people around us tend to have the habit of dying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom