Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I read the start as "Kurze’s chanting is a steady bum" :(

B2, the true guardsman way out :troll:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
C
images

Kayerts

Arcane
an observation: if your character had lower intelligence, you'd be given the choice to actually try and reason/fight with the thing Kurze summoned.

What he means is that if all of the choices in my draft had made it, you guys would have had the bitchin' and completely not-stupid option to attempt to befriend the rampaging abomination, and something really cool would've happened if you'd have chosen that.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What he means is that if all of the choices in my draft had made it, you guys would have had the bitchin' and completely not-stupid option to attempt to befriend the rampaging abomination, and something really cool would've happened if you'd have chosen that.

You choose an option, something awesome has to happen

Option -> awesome

Rex Feral

Prophet
A1

Does C imply we take Kurze and Toad with us into the vault ? If that is the case igo with C.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C - The flames will make us pure. Then we'll go back to that town we started out in and burn it to the ground.

Rex is right. Flopping to B1 as I rather doubt our survival in A1, what with that thing chasing us AND the crazy elf things outside...

Rex Feral

Prophet
C is boring. We just burn everything to the ground. We find nothing out about who we are, where we come from, what's up in the world etc.

C is boring. We just burn everything to the ground. We find nothing out about who we are, where we come from, what's up in the world etc.
True. Ok. Flopped to B1. See my other post for reasons.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Just in case C gets too many votes I'd like to set my priorities straight. A1>B1>C

That means I'll flip to B1 if it has a better chance of winning against C.

Rex Feral

Prophet
It was in an earlier update where it was mentioned that the time of the Kinsfolk here is limited. That would mean it would be a rather good idea to go and hide somewhere until they are gone. So B1 would make sense. However there's nothing worse as being trapped in the cellar with a Kinsfolk or the thing Kurze summoned, so outside we'd have a better way to run. On top of that the fortress might pretty well collapse on us.

And for everyone else choosing C. Burning everything to a crisp will most surely get Kurze and Toad killed and destroy the fortress...but I'm not so sure it would kill the Kinsfolk(remember there are more outside) or that creature that Kurze summoned. On top of that it will probably exhaust us and leave us at the mercy of any passer by.

Thing is though, that beasty has been cooped up in the abyss for millennia. I highly doubt the first thing on its mind will be exploring the fort. It wants O-U-T. Now. I'm betting it'll B-line it straight for the outside and ravage anything that gets in its way. If we weren't dragging Kurze (I read it Kruze at times fsr..) then MAYBE we'd have a chance to make it out, but if we're dragging his ass along, there's no way we'll escape with that thing on our heels AND the kinsfolk. Sure, my way might get us trapped for a bit, but I doubt the beast will be there with us (a wounded she-elf might though) and if you want to take Kurze along, I think it's the only way.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm sticking with C, this place was a shithole and our "Lord" can't command anything greater than a troglodyte. Bah I say, bah.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Thing is though, that beasty has been cooped up in the abyss for millennia. I highly doubt the first thing on its mind will be exploring the fort. It wants O-U-T. Now. I'm betting it'll B-line it straight for the outside and ravage anything that gets in its way. If we weren't dragging Kurze (I read it Kruze at times fsr..) then MAYBE we'd have a chance to make it out, but if we're dragging his ass along, there's no way we'll escape with that thing on our heels AND the kinsfolk. Sure, my way might get us trapped for a bit, but I doubt the beast will be there with us (a wounded she-elf might though) and if you want to take Kurze along, I think it's the only way.

Yeah you have a point.
I'd flip to B1 but that would just divide us more. Right now A1 is tied to C, if I flip to B1 C would take the lead and root might close votes and write the next update. Storyfag ? anyone else ?

Kayerts

Arcane
Alternatively, the thing in Kurze's room could be his son, the one who was described as "...unnatural," and his chanting inside could be an unsuccessful effort to calm the boy down after unbinding him. It doesn't necessarily explain why his son is such a badass, but it being some gigantic, genetically malformed human makes as much sense as it being a demon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom