Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

oscar

Arcane
Hahaha awesome! I'll have to have a think about this one.

oscar

Arcane
B.

I'd say A1 and A2 are foolish, Alia's been turned into a heretical whore and, brainwashed or not, the damage is done. Nothing good can come of her.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
We've avoided most opportunities to talk with Aria, so I doubt that an attempt to connect with her at this point would work too well.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, at the same time, I doubt Kurze would appreciate our tight lips, and he strikes me as the type of man who'd realize we've been holding information from him.

Definitely gonna have to give this alot of thought.

But our long term goal is more than obvious.

Monty

Arcane
A2 - we haven't tried to use her to our advantage. It's worth a try at some point and we've seen the spell over her can be broken or interrupted.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm leaning towards B, but I could be easily convinced to go with an A.

Rex Feral

Prophet
A1.

Failing that, I would go with A2, but only because it's mainly the same choice as A1,though for a different reason.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I believe we're not gaining anything materially by choosing A2 instead of A3 or A1. It's just a way to establish the pilgrim's personality. Is he a good guy, with a moral standpoint ? Is he a pragmatic man ? Or is he servile and ass licking and self serving, trying to get on the good side of his master ?

Am I right root ?

Internet

Scholar
Exploring didn't win? Damn! We still have below average strength after training with mercenaries?
Well, troglodyte boxing turned out interesting anyway.

I'll go with A3, it sounds more coherent with our previous choices. I fear B will get Kurze mad and our character impaled. A2 sounds dumb (as in "delusional teenager in love" kind of dumb).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm leaning towards B, but I could be easily convinced to go with an A.
I'm flipping to A, but it's not one your choices root :P

A4 we saved her life once already, seems a shame to throw it away now. I feel somewhat responsible for her being alive right now, and since it will cost us nothing, we might as well keep her alive. At the same time, I'm not losing sight that we might curry favor with the Lord or possibly use her as a pawn later. I don't really care about Issus.

My new idea for our character archetype:

cmPfu7y.jpg

A young Dr Schultz. I doubt he learned to be as efficient a killer as he is by being a nice guy, but at the same time he does seek to uphold values he believes in. Now we just need to figure out what those values are. So, I want power because the ends justify the means.

Zwist

Learned
A2. And fuck that she is beautiful. I am interested in how that mind control works.

tuluse

Arcane
One particular book made me most curious: It is called ‘The Moral or the Credo - The Thing in Itself’, as far as I can translate from the gothic lettering. It is written entirely in mathematical equations I cannot solve, a cipher I cannot break and diagrams I can make no sense of. A particular excerpt of the cipher disturbs me, one that seems important considering it’s written in a different, urgent handwriting and in what appears to be blood. Some words are occult-sounding, but most are just gibberish. The image or diagram preceding it seems to be a hexagon, divided in triangles bisected by straight lines. I transcribe it here for future reference:

PTVRAZ HRBEGG UUNALA LADOUZ HHZEHP GUKOMB
XRZAAD PAVOUN ALMEKY YEKUEL PERVIM TASSUL
FAULOD PEGARX CUGAXA ALVEUX XOWUMM YEMELY
YTHUUD BEBAAT TZCHEF HABAKK NKIRUK RELIAT
IAFAEL PEVELB TECHEX SHILEN URWURY CEFALA
AZVUUL XEHAIG UEHESH ULXROD OCLENA YVILOY
XYOLOB DAFAEX ZUMIRR
FHERIV NAILAQ HEYIDD
JENUUN YOGSOF HINZEZ
TICYNF
So we have a hexagon, then every word has 6 letters, and the first 6 lines each have 6 words.

That's all I got for now.

Kayerts

Arcane
Is this a patristocrat? (Simple substitution cipher, but spaces / line breaks are not to be trusted?)

Kayerts

Arcane
If it were an ADFGVX-style cipher, you'd see 6 characters used exclusively in one section of the message, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom