Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

ScubaV

Prophet
Although, to be fair, the sacrifice can go very wrong in that a mere troglodyte is too petty an offering and will insult our patron.

Nothing to back that up, just speculation. 'Cause we are worth more than one evdk, no?
:troll:

I've considered that, but I don't exactly trust Issus. Nor do I see an option to "go find a better sacrifice".

Then again I don't exactly trust root either...

Zwist

Learned
4)
A gift that bears no cost to yourself is a empty gift, as such we must forfeit our eyes and find other ways to see. Sight is in the end an illusion and a change of perspective will make knowing the truth much easier.
And yet, the Troglodyte came here with heretical intend, why not should he pay the price? This is not an offering, merely a consequence. It is not an act of devotion but us acting as an agent for the flame.
Such as a child is burned by touching the flame, the Troglodyte must be consumed, so that others may learn.

(if multi-choices are not possible: 2)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
4)
A gift that bears no cost to yourself is a empty gift, as such we must forfeit our eyes and find other ways to see. Sight is in the end an illusion and a change of perspective will make knowing the truth much easier.
And yet, the Troglodyte came here with heretical intend, why not should he pay the price? This is not an offering, merely a consequence. It is not an act of devotion but us acting as an agent for the flame.
Such as a child is burned by touching the flame, the Troglodyte must be consumed, so that others may learn.

This is a good point, everything so far has been about paying a price to obtain something. Sacrificing the Troglodyte doesn't cost us anything. Still not changing my vote though because I want to see where this goes.

anver

Educated
4)

This.

Zwist

Learned
Should I consider votes for 4, in case of 4 not making it, votes for 1,2 or just 4 and fuck it, it doesn't make it?

Zwist seemed to express reservations about 4 not making it and going for 2 instead, so i'm trying to clarify here

No. Not as far as I'm concerned. I had my reservations if it was permitted. As it is, it is a option in it self. Everything else would just turn voting in a major clusterfuck of "but if this is not winning I'll vote..", and that way damnation lies.
Although 3 winning because of my derping would still be bitter.

Fuck that loser.
:codexisfor: Oh you.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like 1 = Pragmatic Bastard, 2 = Seeker of Wisdum!, 3 = Upright McHonest.

No. Not as far as I'm concerned. I had my reservations if it was permitted. As it is, it is a option in it self. Everything else would just turn voting in a major clusterfuck of "but if this is not winning I'll vote..", and that way damnation lies.
Although 3 winning because of my derping would still be bitter..

We had something to figure that shit out back in the old days.

Here we go, courtesy of DU.

Optional preference voting:
Option - Total (first preference) Votes
A - 9
B - 4
C - 6
D - 3

Option D has the least votes so we knock it out of the running. However, the 3 people who voted D then have their second preference distributed. Let's keep it simple and say that everyone who voted D as their first choice, had B as their second choice:

A - 9
B - 7 (+3)
C - 6

B takes the lead. C is now the result with the least votes so we knock that out now and re-distribute. If someone who voted C had D, B and A as their choices, D is already out of the running so their vote now goes to B. Let's say 5 votes end up going to B and 1 to A:

A - 10 (+1)
B - 12 (+5)

B wins. Even though initially it had the second least number of votes. The key is that only when an option is knocked out, are its votes re-distributed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
1 wins. i'll leave you with this tidbit of wisdom from the statue God

<Vagrant> what's the worst that can happen l0l
<Jaedar> gg
<Vagrant> but it's not like
<Vagrant> retards ever made good choices
<Vagrant> in those cyoas

Baltika9

Arcane
I wonder what our punishment will be.
Turned into a likeness of a troglodyte, our second life revoked maybe?

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, that was the general idea, repay the debt for our life a,d get some negative karma (because human sacrifice is evul).

But apparently one troglodyte isn't kosher enough. Let's see what happens.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Evil? The darn thing attacked us. Killing it is selfdefense. Should we leave it alive, it will only attack us again.
I just consider this

pragmatic. :yeah:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You slit the troglodyte’s throat open upon the altar at the feet of the statue, and utter a short prayer for greater glory of the divine.

241jogh.png

a circular cage with bars of swamp eel bone affixed to a chain and hanging above an immense open space

Another-World-2012-04-09-14-05-26-921.jpg

oscar

Arcane
Hmm, tempted to wing it. If this man is able to read our mind than trying to deceive him may be foolish (but then again we may have just been drooling at her breasts).

And nice work people. Did it take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you give a god a shitty sacrifice it's hardly going to be pleased?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom