Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myst Difference between Myst:Masterpiece Edition and Real Myst?

Which is the better version to buy?

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
Depends. If you want the original experience, just go with Myst:ME. Making it run on modern systems is bitchy though, but it works fine with scummvm.

I never played RealMyst, simply because I prefer how the original looks. Still from what I've read this one is filled with bugs, and poorly optimized. So, if you want a "newer" myst experience you should buy RealMyst : Masterpiece Edition instead.

Astral Rag

Arcane
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition 2014 aka Myst Unity Engine Edition isn't very good. It looks p generic and of course it runs like hot garbage.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The only difference is the Original Myst was rendered scenes, the newer ones are fully 3D engines where you can walk around and see everything from all angels.

They all play exactly the same. I played and finished Real Myst on STEAM, and had no problems. That newest one *does* look really pretty, but It probably does run like shit (and is poorly optimized).

Divinity: Original Sin
I didn't know it was made with Unity - no buy.

Well, I stand by my point : just go with Myst : Masterpiece Edition. And if you have trouble running it, just use scummvm.

Only realmyst: masterpiece edition is made in Unity. The original realmyst is done in cyan's proprietary engine which they used to make myst 5.

Anyway, I only finished the original, but i heard realmyst comes with an extra, bonus world/era.

No Great Name

Arcane
Just note that if you're playing Myst: Masterpiece Edition, the left half of the torn note mistakenly reads "off" when the word "on" should be written instead.

I don't know if realMyst has this problem, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom