Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

Did you play or buy Diablo 3?

• Total voters
MCA
Ruining Diablo 3? is that the same game that sold 10mil copies? Nah, I believe D3 is doing just fine, and I'm one of the few here who likely didn't play or buy it. R00fles!

Let's find out if there is any truth to Volourn.

Micmu

Magister
Let's find out if there is any truth to Volourn.
He's always full of shit and uses this same "argument".
We all bought batshitsda games anyway, for example. We also all bought all those EAware excrements as well and totally loved them, we just lie and bitch about them so that we look cooler!

thexspr

Educated
As someone who spent good decade with diablo - and still playing sp in d2 occasionally - I just had to play and see it myself. Started with low expectations, and it turned to be even worse. After running all five through normal and some of nightmare, I was done. Thankfully, my copy was free of charge :).

Marsal

Arcane
Your poll lacks options.

1. I played the beta, but didn't buy it.
2. kingcomrade

I'm forced to conclude that:

16775477.jpg

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Played the Beta, was enough to decide that it wasn't worth buying. Playing PoE instead whenever I feel the urge to Diablo it up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'll be honest, I was strongly considering this a few months before release but now I would say the probability is zero unless it goes on a $10 sale... which will never happen since Blizzard doesn't discount their games that steeply. I paid approximately $12 for Torchlight 2 after a group buy discount and selling the promotional copy of Torchlight 1 it came with for $3. By all accounts TL2 is the superior product.

Stabwound

Arcane
I bought it. It's okay, but it's overpriced, and it's clear that they released it in a beta state. It's going to take another 8 months of polish before it's in the state it should have been in at release.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, I played the open beta weekend, when it was free. Never went back to it after that, horrific game. Arming your wizard with a sword makes your fireball stronger - I just can't swallow that.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Traded in some WII games for it :smug: , and multiplayer with some RL bros was alright (but then again what isn't?), but we've moved on to magicka which I think is better.

As a single player game it's shit.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I had planned to wait a few months before I decided whether or not to purchase Diablo 3.

That plan saved me sixty dollars.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I didn't buy it. I don't have a modern hardware and even if I had it, the always online DRM is a dealbreaker to me.

Edwin

Scholar
I played the open beta and that was more than enough to see that it will be in the

"Will never buy, will never play" category

edit: btw I dont know wtf is that shit but not RPG thats 100%

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Come on, everyone tried beta? So everyone *did* play it. Always on goes too far though, will not vote with money for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom