Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Did you back any RPG Kickstarter?

• Lowest possible pledge to get a digital copy.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Enough for a bunch of goodies, and a digital copy.

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Basic amount for a Physical Copy

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Enough for a few physical rewards.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I went full wallet-rape, bought the over 1-2 hundred dollar tier, special edition box, shirts, etc

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • I'm rich, so I bought one of the 5/10k tiers.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don't back, but I want to.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Backing projects for kickstarter makes you a cuckhold

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I don't preorder game ideas.

Votes: 29 19.0%

• Total voters

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I usually back just to get the digital copy, but if the non-early backer tier or soundtrack tier is under $25, I will usually upgrade and let someone else grab the early bird deal.
In my case it's more a case of "never pay more than 20 bucks for a video game" than getting it at the lowest level.

Kickstarter
Zaharia - $26 (£16) failed
Subterranea - $18 AUD failed
InSomnia - $15
Underworld Ascendant - $20
Seven Dragon Saga - $95 failed
Dungeons of Aledorn - $60
The Bard's Tale IV - $20

Indiegogo
Dungeon Kingdom - $13.30 (€10)
Icy - $10

I bought PoE and D:OS after release since I missed the campaigns.
To give proper credit to the RPG Codex, I found out about all of these projects by reading the forum.

thexsa

Educated
Regalia - Of Men And Monarchs $35
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night $135
Underworld Ascendant $125
Shadowrun: Hong Kong $150
Satellite Reign $150
Camelot Unchained $250
Torment: Tides of Numenera $160 Estimated delivery: Dec 2014 (k bro)
Project Eternity $300

Also bought some games in early access after missing kick-starter, like Invisible Inc., Underrail, WL2 and D:OS.

Basically, I have just been throwing money at shit that at the time looked like it might be potential incline. For better or worse.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
PoE - backed, then withdrawn, and glad I did.
ToN - backed. Too late to withdraw. Resigned to have paid 25$ for a pile of crap, after seeing PoE.
SITS - backed. Glad I did.
SRHK - backed. Glad I did.

To be honest, I don't think I'll be backing any more games. My stance has been slowly nudged, bit by bit, towards "I don't preorder game ideas". Furthermore, some projects ask for really in(s)ane funding, for what they are. And the whole "stretch goal reward" thing is just retarded. It's just the philosophy behind DLC, but pre-release, and a cheap way to milk some more cash out of gullible nerds (Endless Paths, anyone? or BT4's "we're gonna get MCA at 1.9M"... LOL, as if that's actually encouraging, esp after PoE).

Atchodas

Augur
or BT4's "we're gonna get MCA at 1.9M"
this 1 is insulting isnt it ?

Atleast after this shit , and WL2 release i see inXile for what they are .

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
or BT4's "we're gonna get MCA at 1.9M"
this 1 is insulting isnt it ?

Atleast after this shit , and WL2 release i see inXile for what they are .

The saddest thing is, it'll probably work and so many people will donate just to get a couple of characters (mediocrely) written by MCA and half-assedly force-wedged into the game. I don't hate MCA per se, or his writing (which is, mind you, only "good/great" if we only consider the vydyagaymu scene, because even some pulp-writing hacks out there write better than him): it just doesn't really work when he's only doing "mercenary" writing, a-la PoE. You can tell there isn't much "bonding" within the game itself and that the game's writing feels like a Frankenstein of multi-hued averageness. I think he'd better direct/write a whole game, I really wish he did.

tl;dr - a hack writing a whole game delivers better results than twelve Lit-Nobel-winners joint-writing one.

Atchodas

Augur
Grieving mother's quest was god awful . Durance on the other hand i liked .

Atchodas

Augur
Her quest was p. good. I particularly liked that you had to hypnotize her into uncover the source behind her maddness. Poor woman, I just wiped out her memories and let her be a good girl again.
well soluton was good , but the way to get info from her was literally worst thing ever , where you had to ask same questions again and again and read that shit oh.. the nightmares

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really? They didn't contact you asking for clarification or changes, they just kept the name and changed everything else?! That's pretty crappy for such a large pledge.
I had no contact from any Obsidian employee regarding my NPC.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I backed the incline - WL2 (70$), D:OS (40$), PoE (50$), TToN (30?), SRHK, BT IV base amounts. But now my will to back new projects is steadily decreasing. Only SRHK made me a bit excited, because of the quality of Dragonfall.
Fargo still manages to draw money from me - but if games stay mediocre this will stop. TToN will show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom