Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DICETINY: The Lord of the Dice

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://store.steampowered.com/app/318090/

It seems kind of like an american version of Culdcept-like? You have the boardgame part and then you have cards that you manage and stuff. Looks interesting, though the silliness might just finally become RAGE INDUCING. I dunno. Anyone try this?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
This game is actually (and rather surprisingly) good. The only bad part is the writing - it's full of memes & pop-culture references & lolrandom stuff, so it comes out as rather tryhard-ish. But visuals, on the other hand, are pretty good (even the memes - lots of art is based on them) so, as long as you skip the text, it's not very annoying. I'll stress on this - the lead artist of this game is really talented and it's joyful to look on his works.

But the most important part is that the core gameplay is rock solid. Yeah, you draw cards, sure, you roll dice, but the game is anything but random - all the abilities, deckbuilding, equip system (that one is badly explained in-game - basically, you pay points for the card now so later you can cast this card with a discount; great in early game and for expensive combos which are impossible otherwise; like, say, Juggernaut + Here's Johnny = whipe all minions on the board) and just the right plays allow you to prevail literally no matter what. The game is not very hardcore, but also isn't too easy - I say that the difficulty is just about right.

Each class has its own cardpool (4 classes and ~170-ish cards in total) plus there's a bunch of common cards, shared between everyone. I wouldn't say that the possibilities are endless, but it's more than enough to have a fun run through main campaign (which is about 6-7 hours). Maybe with a bit of experimentation too - you can recruit several sidekicks and they have slightly different abilities from the player's version of the classes and, surprisingly, that changes their tactics a lot. So, considering there are four classes, one can expect something like 30 hours or so of rather fresh gameplay. Which, for 15 bucks, seems to be pretty good.

Anyways, it's a pretty nice one, dunno why there seems to be zero attention to it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bought this quite a while ago when it was in very early access, but there wasn't really much to do and it was rather boring.

Holy crap! 5 hours later this is a REALLY fun tactical card and board game! They really fleshed out the tactics and cards and have a world map any everything now (I believe it is now fully released). Kind of reminds me of a Shandalar like game.

Those of you who like card/board games with some tactics, you might keep an eye out for this.

There IS a ton of pop culture references, and the whole game is presented as a parody, but that is not bothering me at all. Your mileage may vary.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Regarding the disabled purchase button.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience but we have disabled the purchase button for this game due to a legal issue (not copyright issue) we're facing, the details of which we're not allowed to disclose at the moment. We sincerely apologize for this, and we will try our best to get this sorted out as soon as we can. We will keep you posted.

Thank you for your attention, and again sorry for the inconvience.
Fakedice​

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom