Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Diary Of A (Mad?) Man - A Codexian Nightmare. (DREAMWEB) - COMPLETED

KickAss

Augur
:D awesome!

spekkio

Arcane
Technical question: which version do you play (floppy/CD), 'cuz AFAIK, CD version lacks subtitles for some spoken lines:
sauce

Judging by screenshots, you're using the floppy version. Is this correct?

CD version with SCUMMVM. I haven't encountered any missing subtitles yet. It could be the fact that in the scummvm options you can choose between subs , speech or subs+speech. Options the original game didn't have.
Yup, AFAIK SCUMMVM has "subs+speech" option for some games that allow only one of those originally (floppy version has subs and no speech, CD version has speech but no subs).
List of such games (no "subs+speech" option) found by yours truly so far (still pimpin' my PC collection):
  • Dragonsphere,
  • DreamWeb,
  • Freddy Pharkas - Frontier Pharmacist,
  • Innocent Until Caught,
  • Lost In Time,
  • Simon The Sorcerer.

spekkio

Arcane
To clarify things: AFAIK Loom CD can be played with subtitles on, except intro and outro (subs are disabled for those)?
Checked this myself:

2qyPQ.jpg

iQrQ4.jpg

SRYCg.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
< 03 > - < A FULLY AUTOMATIC PULSE LASER WEAPON FOR MISTER C. >

Watchmen+06+-+01.jpg

Watchmen+06+-+02.jpg

diarypage-05+copy.jpg

TITLE.png

What a great day. Smacked by an energy whip, mugged and left sprawling on the pavement. After I come to my senses, I lay there for some moments pondering about the facts of life.

scummvm00810.jpg

I check my self for any signs of molestation. My backside feels sore, but that's probably from the fall.
I consider my options and realize the best one is to get up.

scummvm00812.jpg

Bastards ! I loved those sneakers. Shoe-thieves, truly the most despicable kind of them all.

scummvm00845_new.jpg

The inside of Trash's lobby is shabby and untidy. Food cartons and litter are all over the floor. His doorbell has a small sign taped to it that says "Out of order", Trash has probably left it like this on purpose. He likes his privacy. Good thing I know his door code :

scummvm00850.jpg

scummvm00853.jpg

Trash lives in absolute squalor. Food packets and empty wrappers are all over the place. There is a sickly sweet smell in the air and a haze of smoke in the room. The Network monitor is on, as usual. He isn't in the room. I have a look at his desk :

scummvm00877.jpg

Just what I need right now in order to chillax. I light it and take a long sip.

scummvm00883.jpg

Dat... hit... the... spot.

With my enhanced powers of observation I deduct that Trash must be in his favorite place... the toilet.

scummvm00889.jpg

He sits slumped on the toilet. He is wearing a hideous green shirt covered in food stains and dull grey sweat shorts. His belly pokes out from underneath his shirt. He's almost asleep.

scummvm00892.jpg

ryan.png
I feel pretty bad, I'll be alright. But I could use some help.

Trash.png
Help? What do you mean, I can't help with anything.

ryan.png
Look, I'm in deep trouble and there are some things I need and I think you can get them for me.

Trash.png
Sure, what are you looking for, drugs?

ryan.png
Not today... I need a gun and I don't know anyone who has one.

scummvm00903.jpg

ryan.png
Just tell me what to do.

Trash.png
Whadya need a gun for anyway? What would you want with a gun?

ryan.png
I can't explain, it's all too complicated. I'm not even sure what I'm doing myself.

Trash.png
Are you having one of those multiple-alts mental episodes again ?

ryan.png
No... I don't think so. Please, I need your help.

scummvm00909.jpg

ryan.png
Where's this pool hall then?

Trash.png
If you find my membership card for the place the address is on that, and you'll need the card to get in.

ryan.png
Thanks Trash, I won't forget this.

Trash.png
No problem, man. I just hope you know what you're doing.

ryan.png
Yeah, me too...

Trash instantly falls asleep again. As I'm about to exit the loo, I spot something interesting :

scummvm00923.jpg

Just what I need ! Trash never leaves his place, so he wont miss them.

scummvm00927.jpg

They're almost a perfect fit. I should search for his membership card now...

scummvm00931.jpg

scummvm00935.jpg

scummvm00936.jpg

Great, I'm set to go. Next stop: The Poll Hall.

scummvm01128_new.jpg

scummvm01129.jpg

The alleyway above the pool hall leads to some lift doors. There is a hatch next to these where a man sits. Pipes of varying sizes pass overhead and beneath my feet where the pavement has almost disintegrated.

scummvm01141.jpg

scummvm01143.jpg

pool-door.png
Look, I'm sorry pal. If you're after a new membership I can't issue any 'til next week.

ryan.png
Actually I've got a friend's card here.

pool-door.png
You can use someone else's card if you like. If it's OK by them, it's OK by me.

ryan.png
Won't the electronic thumbprint on the card be wrong if I use this card though?

pool-door.png
Look, I shouldn't be doing this, but if you use your card in the reader by the doors I'll sort out the rest.

ryan.png
Yeah, thanks. I'll do that.

pool-door.png
No problem, you can owe me one....

scummvm01156.jpg

I take the lift and head down.

scummvm01164.jpg

scummvm01166.jpg

This isn't so much a pool hall, as a bar with pool tables in it. The decoration is awful. Purple carpeting is surrounded by furniture constructed from a tough metal compound. The place is in a state of disrepair.

scummvm01181.jpg

scummvm01182.jpg

bartender.png
What can I get you?

ryan.png
I've been told I can get some help here.

bartender.png
Oh Yeah? By who?

ryan.png
Er, my friend's name is Trash. He told me to mention his name.

bartender.png
Trash? Yeah, I've seen him around here a few times, what exactly are you looking for?

scummvm01194.jpg

bartender.png
Well, Mr. Silverman deals with all that, you'll need to see him in his office. The number for the door lock is 5222.

ryan.png
How will he know who I am?

bartender.png
I'll ring through and tell him you're on your way and that you know Trash. The office is down to your right and make sure you have some money.

ryan.png
Oh right, I will.... and thanks.

bartender.png
Just make sure you have money. He doesn't like being messed about.

Maybe I should get more info on this silverman guy. I take a look at the other patrons.

scummvm01206.jpg

ryan.png
Excuse me.

SCO.png
Yes ?

ryan.png
Could you tell me what you know about mr. Silverman ?

SCO.png
No. I don't talk to strangers about people I know, especially about people like Silverman.

ryan.png
I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Chefe. it would help me greatly if you could give me some information.

SCO.png
I'm SCO. And I still wont tell you jack-shit. It's not smart to keep asking these questions.

ryan.png
Look, its-

SCO.png
Fuck off, you're already in my ignore list.

scummvm01209.jpg

Well, that didn't go very well. I step into the next room.

scummvm01251.jpg

This pool room is lit by purple neon strip lights that eerily light the purple carpets. In the center of the room is a pool table covered with blue cloth that is now torn and stained.

scummvm01254.jpg

I still haven't given up on gaining more information. I decide to approach another patron :

scummvm01255.jpg

ryan.png
Excuse me, can you help ?

prosper.png
hopw... roewur... ne...

He barely whispered those words and I couldn't find any meaning in them, but somehow I feel like they are extremely important...

ryan.png
What ? What was it that you said ?!

prosper.png

ryan.png
Hey ! Wake up !

scummvm01259.jpg

Oh, forget it, he's somewhere else. I think it's prudent to give up on gathering more information and go straight to Silverman.

scummvm01278.jpg

scummvm01279.jpg

I punch in the code and enter.

scummvm01291.jpg

The office is dominated by a huge wooden desk placed directly opposite the door. Behind it sits the owner of this bar who beams at you from behind a large cigar. Standing to the left is Silverman's security :

scummvm01298.jpg

I turn my attention to the man himself.

scummvm01319.jpg

scummvm01320.jpg

silverman.png
My name is Silverman. What's yours?

ryan.png
Oh, my name is Ry- , er, Chefe and I need your help. Trash is a friend of mine, he said you would have what I want.

silverman.png
Your friend Trash was right, I can usually help people out, providing they have enough money.

ryan.png
Oh yes, I have money, I just hope I have enough.

silverman.png
And you're after a handgun of some kind, yes?

ryan.png
Yeah, something that's easy to use. I've never used a gun before but I need to now. I need to kill a m...

scummvm01334.jpg

ryan.png
How much will it cost?

silverman.png
For 200 I can give you an SI140. It's a fully automatic pulse laser weapon with a full pack of ammunition and computerized sights.

ryan.png
Er, that sounds fine, I guess.

silverman.png
A child could use it. The gun virtually aims and fires for you. Will this weapon be acceptable?

ryan.png
It'll be fine, thanks.

silverman.png
If you'd just like to put your cashcard through the scanner on the desk, I'll deduct the money.

ryan.png
Ok, and thanks for your help Mr. Silverman.

silverman.png
That's allright, give Trash my regards when you see him...

scummvm01356.jpg

scummvm01358.jpg

scummvm01360.jpg

Great, I now have a gun, but the price was pretty steep. I really need the money if I'm going to get to the end of this. Well, if I'm truly the Chosen One, then I'll be able to pull this off.

I reach for my gun...

scummvm01369.jpg

scummvm01371.jpg

scummvm01373.jpg

scummvm01376.jpg

scummvm01383.jpg

scummvm01388.jpg

scummvm01394.jpg

:salute:

scummvm01398.jpg

Evil that has been
channeled down to
the thoughts and
dreams of the
human race.

Your death remained
unnoticed by billions
of people, but in
reality it affected every
other human being.

The cities grew.
Consoles grew.
EA grew.
They devoured
everything.

Pollution increased, the
skies clouded with dirt.

Big money won.

Colossal companies
bought small developers.
They squeezed them dry,
twisted their ideals
and then threw their
corpses into the
mobile wasteland.

Fascist governments
prospered on greed and
persecution.

The world expected
and received war.

War on a global scale.
Popamole reigned.

The nuclear threat
was evident.

Buttons of Awesome
initiated weapons
of mass destruction.

The great purge began.

All hope was lost...

scummvm01408.jpg

lukenooooooo.jpg

This can't be. There must be another way... there HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY !

TITLE.png

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Dreamwebb, a game truly grimdark and mature than games that pretend to be like this 10 years later.

Awesome as usual. Moar!!!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Heh, Dreamweb is even more grimdark than I remember it. There is a puzzle solution a couple of chapters ahead that actually shocked me a bit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
< 04 > - < HEEEERE'S JOHNY ! >

Watchmen+06+-+09.jpg

diarypage-06+copy.jpg

TITLE.png

In a stroke of genius I decide not to attack the shady weapons dealer and his armed goon. Instead, I leave quietly and head for the Regency Brothel.

scummvm01452.jpg

The rain pours down in sheets. A sign above the doorway shines bleakly in the dim light and reads "Regency Brothel". The inside is visible and looks warm, dry and welcoming.

scummvm01458.jpg

The lobby is dominated by a curved wooden reception desk across one corner, behind which sits the Madame. Regency is a very expensive high-class brothel, that celebrities use openly for recreation, accommodation and even for closing business deals.

scummvm01463.jpg

The Madame is a middle aged woman in a red dress who is looking decidedly agreeable. She must have been a looker in her time.

scummvm01476.jpg

ryan.png
I'd like a room for tonight please.

madame.png
Well we haven't got many left and they are all quite expensive. Peter Hines, the DJ, is staying here tonight you know.

ryan.png
Oh yeah, I suppose he's got all the best rooms and services.

madame.png
Well Mr. Hines has the penthouse suite, naturally, but there is a vacant suite below that and it's quite luxurious.

ryan.png
And how much would that cost for tonight?

madame.png
830 for the room and 1200 for your company. That's 2030 altogether, including tax and full services rendered. Will that be alright?

ryan.png
Er, I think I'll just have the room, if that's OK.

madame.png
Oh, it's perfectly fine sir. That will be 830, then. If you'd just like to sweep your cashcard through the scanner I can give you a room key.

ryan.png
Right, thanks.

Damn, 830 ?! That's almost all my money, but I can't back down at this point...

scummvm01500.jpg

scummvm01504.jpg

There are a couple of people at the lobby, one of them is a young man with a ponytail. He seems bored as if he's been standing here for hours.

scummvm01520.jpg

scummvm01523.jpg

ryan.png
Er, not really, I'm just staying here for a few nights. Are you waiting for him ?

J_C.png
Yes, I've been waiting here for a couple of days trying to get an interview.

ryan.png
You are a journalist then ?

J_C.png
Yep, I'm a gaming journalist. You might have heard of me and my site ? My name is Matt, but I'm also known as J_C.

ryan.png
Sorry, I don't think I've-

J_C.png
You might have read my book then ? It's called "Dungeons and Flagons" It's about cRPG games and Beer, a great combination if I may say so. I'm a beer enthusiast, you know.

ryan.png
Er, no, sorry. Well, I need to get going. I hope you get to see mr. Hines.

J_C.png
Yeah mate, catch you later.

Sat on the sofa is a beautiful girl wearing a purple dress made from a strange material that seems to change color slightly as she moves. She has broad shoulders, a tall neck and a rather big Adam's apple. She seems like she's trying to make up her mind about something.

scummvm01535.jpg

ryan.png
Hello, are you waiting for mr. Hines too ?

SMA.png
No, I'm actually here for a job. But I can't make up my mind. I mean I *am* an attention whore, but I'm not a whore. I also have a programmer's degree, you know. What do you think I should do ?

ryan.png
I...

SMA.png
On the other hand I'd really like to stick one to Hines, if you get my meaning.

scummvm01541.jpg

SMA.png
Ah, this is so frustrating. At least I'm totally passable, don't you think ?

ryan.png
Huh ? yeah, sure...

SMA.png
I need to think this over. Catch you later.

ryan.png
Oh, OK, see ya.

That was bizarre. I think it's time to head up to my room.

scummvm01567.jpg

I go up to the ninth floor and use my keycard to enter the suite.

scummvm01594.jpg

The living room has a blue deep pile carpet and black furnishings. There is an amazingly large Network monitor opposite the sofa. I enter the bedroom.

scummvm01610.jpg

Surprisingly, there's a bible on the bed, but when I examine it I realize it's not a real bible. On the cover it says "Bible Black - the manga". I drop it down on the bed and gaze at the balcony. It overlooks the city.

scummvm01615.jpg

I was hoping I could reach Hines's suite from the balcony, but unfortunately it doesn't seem possible. I return to the corridor.

scummvm01661.jpg

On the wall I see a bright red box with the word "FIRE" stenciled onto the box in black letters. The box contains a fire axe:

scummvm01667.jpg

scummvm01669.jpg

I decide to take it with me, having an axe handy is always a good idea.

Now I must think this over. There are no stairs and the only way to reach Hines's floor is with the lift, but my keycard will only get me to my floor. I examine the lift carefully.

scummvm01691.jpg

On the ceiling of the lift I notice a small metal handle which comes out of one of the roof panels. The handle has a red sticker on it that says "DANGER". Hey, maybe I can use this to climb on top of the lift !

scummvm01693.jpg

Right, I'll need to find a way to immobilize it. I turn my attention to the lift's controls :

scummvm01766.jpg

scummvm01767.jpg

There are no screws, the panel can only be pushed with something slim and sharp... Good thing I've brought a knife with me.

scummvm01768.jpg

scummvm01770.jpg

Taking the wire in one hand I use the knife to cut it in two. There is no visible effect, but I assume that the lift can't be called from any other floor now.

scummvm01781.jpg

It's time to go up, then.

scummvm01783.jpg

scummvm01787.jpg

I stand rather uncertainly on the roof of the hotel lift. In front of me are the doors to this floor.

scummvm01791.jpg

I'll need to use brute force to open those doors. The axe might be useful here.

scummvm01799.jpg

scummvm01808.jpg

scummvm01817.jpg

scummvm01826.jpg

scummvm01833.jpg

I'M IN !!

scummvm01836.jpg

Uh-Oh.

scummvm01839.jpg

Damn ! This suite takes up the whole level !!

scummvm01842.jpg

My gun, I have to...

scummvm01885.jpg

scummvm01887.jpg

scummvm01892.jpg

NO ! This isn't how it went down. I can't die here !

Was it a dream ? A premonition ? I don't know. What I do know is that I must plan my next move carefully.

scummvm01895.jpg

There is a guard with headphones sitting by the pool, in front of me. He's oblivious to my presence. Right across the pool stands another guard with a can of beer in his hands. He sees me the moment I enter and reaches for his gun. I don't have time to go for mine, since I have the axe in my hands. I should use the axe.

scummvm01900.jpg

scummvm01902.jpg

scummvm01906.jpg

scummvm01910.jpg

scummvm01913.jpg

Lady luck smiles on me. It seems that was the last of the guard's gun ammo and he needs to change the clip. Now it's time to make my move.

scummvm01927.jpg

scummvm01940.jpg

scummvm01948.jpg

scummvm01951.jpg

scummvm01955.jpg

I did it ! With the adrenaline pumping like crazy, I stop to take a breather. The room is decorated with plants of many different kinds. Now it's also decorated with blood and guts.

scummvm01986.jpg

I look at the bodies, but I can't bring myself to search them, or remove the axe. I need to be on the move.

scummvm01996.jpg

I can hear the sound of very loud music. If I'm lucky, they haven't heard anything. I enter the bedroom.

game.gif

Hines is lying on the bed with one of the madam's girls on top of him. There is a hideous grin on his face. I point my gun at them.

scummvm02056.jpg

ryan.png
You ! Get away from him !

She screams and quickly falls on the floor.

scummvm02061.jpg

scummvm02068.jpg

Then she hides under the bed. Smart girl. Smarter than Ryan who's gotten himself into this situation.
Funny how "Ryan" feels like someone else. Right now I'm Chefe, but I fear that might change soon, too.

scummvm02074.jpg

scummvm02077.jpg

I turn my attention to Hines.

Hines's face shows mixed emotions of surprise and fear. All he can think of doing at this point, is hide his nether regions.

scummvm02078.jpg

scummvm02080.jpg

scummvm02783.jpg

hines.png
W-Who are you ? What do you want !?

ryan.png
I was sent here to kill one of the Seven.

hines.png
What are you talking about ?

ryan.png
You're telling me you're not one of the Seven ? The Seven evil powers that will destroy the Dreamweb and bring chaos and destruction to this world ?!

hines.png
I don't know what you're talking about man, I'm just a DJ !

ryan.png
And what about that shadow corporation called Bethesda ?

hines.png
We're just making games, I don't know anything about evil powers or this Dreamweb you're talking about !

Could he be telling the truth ? Could all this be a feverish dream of a mind on the verge of madness ? I stand indecisive with the gun in my hand. Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me...

machinegun.gif

scummvm02108.jpg

scummvm02119.jpg

Another deadly premonition. I can't second-guess myself at this point, I've already crossed the line and can only move forward.

scummvm02792.jpg

hines.png
No ! Think about what you're doing, how crazy it is !

ryan.png
I can feel you're evil, Hines, I... know what you are !

hines.png
You know NOTHING ! Besides...

scummvm02790.jpg

ryan.png
You've finally revealed yourself. I know what I have to do.

hines.png
Wait, please ! Spare me !

No more talking.

scummvm02128.jpg

scummvm02131.jpg

scummvm02138.jpg

scummvm02151.jpg

I shot him right through the face. His brains got splattered all over the bed and the walls. Then, something incredible happened...

scummvm02152.jpg

scummvm02158.jpg

scummvm02168.jpg

scummvm02172.jpg

scummvm02176.jpg

scummvm02179.jpg

scummvm02188.jpg

scummvm02198.jpg

See ? That proves I did the right thing... I'm not crazy !

...Right ?

diarypage-07+copy.jpg

TITLE.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Sadly, the cameos are mostly over. From now on things will get bloodier and bloodier.

spekkio

Arcane
OMG, You've killed Pete!

:greatjob:

From today's standards, violence and sex in this game is a non-issue. But back then it caused some butthurt AFAIR.
Not sure if :incline:.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The sex scene was censored at some countries. The violence was OK though :roll:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Death to the Dark Seven who rule Bethesda of the Decline! Blood and soulsknocked down opponents for my lord Arioch!

lightbane

Arcane
Truly grim and bloody scenes (plus actual sex scenes, omg!). Luckily (or not), things will become worse and worse for Ryan.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
< 05 > - < DANGEROUS AND DERANGED >

Watchmen+08+-+10.jpg

diarypage-08+copy.jpg

diarypage-09+copy.jpg

diarypage-10+copy.jpg

diarypage-11+copy.jpg

TITLE.png

After the elimination of Hines a strange blue orb escaped his body and entered mine. Then, I lost all consciousness.

scummvm02207.jpg

scummvm02215.jpg

scummvm02225.jpg

scummvm02233.jpg

The next thing I see is the dreamweb. Is this real, or just another dream ? Maybe it doesn't matter. The dreamweb absorbs Hines's power...

scummvm02242.jpg

scummvm02256.jpg

Standing at the center of the chamber I feel a strong power pounding through the walls, the floor and through the air. The room is made entirely of ancient stone and at one end of the room pulsates the gateway of the Dreamweb.

scummvm02279.jpg

scummvm02283.jpg

TheKeeper.png
Ryan, your path has been chosen.

ryan.png
I know. It has begun.

TheKeeper.png
The power released from the human Hines has entered the Dreamweb.

ryan.png
What now ?

scummvm02296.jpg

TheKeeper.png
We have a long way to go. The remaining six are becoming stronger.

ryan.png
I can feel it.

TheKeeper.png
They are recruiting more followers, becoming stronger and joining forces.

ryan.png
Who will be next?

scummvm02307.jpg

TheKeeper.png
He commands the largest armed force on Earth. But it's something else that makes him extremely dangerous.

ryan.png
...The Button of Awesome.

TheKeeper.png
Indeed. A weapon of mass destruction controlled by the push of one button. He is in a great position of power and must be destroyed.

ryan.png
I know what I must do.

Yep. I must kill with extreme prejudice. But first I should use the key. I walk down the corridors of these ancient halls...

scummvm02334.jpg

The walls stretch high up to a ceiling that must be thirty feet above my head. They are rough stone and cold to the touch. Above my head in the center of the room is a clear orb suspended in a stone ring. The stone ring is held in place by four long chains coming from four corners of the room.

scummvm02335.jpg

scummvm02341.jpg

ryan.png
They seem to be growing !

This place sure is eerie. A strange glowing crystal embedded on the wall, grabs my attention :

scummvm02344.jpg

scummvm02345.jpg

Something tells me this is important, I decide to keep it. I wander in the halls trying to find the right door. One of them seems to beckon me...

scummvm02352.jpg

scummvm02354.jpg

scummvm02356.jpg

scummvm02375.jpg

This room has an air of importance. The focus is a stone plinth about three feet high in the centre of the room. This must be the gateway back to the real world. There is a smell of sulfur in the air and I feel a distant vibration.

scummvm02380.jpg

The stone plinth stands about four feet high. It has what looks like a keyhole in the top. I believe I have the right key...

scummvm02383.jpg

Enchanted with the radiation from the microwave, the key is glowing.

scummvm02391.jpg

With trembling hands I open the lock...

scummvm02395.jpg

scummvm02404.jpg

scummvm02414.jpg

OH SHI-

scummvm02421.jpg

scummvm02424.jpg

scummvm02430.jpg

scummvm02432.jpg

scummvm02446.jpg

scummvm02452.jpg

scummvm02464.jpg

Talk about a rude awakening...

scummvm02472.jpg

I'm wet, dirty and tired. I need to get out of here. As I emerge from the shadows the smog from the road seems like fresh air compared to the foul air in the alley.

scummvm02492.jpg

My mind is burning up. I must regain some sense of normality. I really need to see Eden.

scummvm02568.jpg

scummvm02583.jpg

scummvm02584.jpg

I find her in the bed again. She's always working late hours. I hate to wake her, but I want to hear her voice.

eden.png
Ryan, is that you?

ryan.png
Yes, it's me.

eden.png
Are you ok ? What's the matter ?

I can't tell Eden about the atrocities I've committed, She'd never understand.

ryan.png
It's nothing.

eden.png
You look terrible, Ryan.

ryan.png
I... just need some rest. Sorry to have woken you, try to go back to sleep. I'll speak to you later.

eden.png
All right, see you later, I love you...

ryan.png
Goodbye Eden.

I should get back at my flat and try to get some rest.

scummvm02494.jpg

scummvm02507.jpg

I close my eyes for a few moments but I'm restless and sleep will not come. I decide to get some coffee.

scummvm02511.jpg

I fill it with some instant coffee from the food maker. It tastes like kerosene, but it will give me some energy. With the warm cup in my hands, I sit down to browse the net.

scummvm03521.jpg

I'm in the news ! This shouldn't come as a surprise, but it's a strange feeling.

scummvm03524.jpg

scummvm03529.jpg

I know they couldn't possibly understand my motives, but seeing this report makes feel sad... and angry.

ryan.png
Dangerous and deranged, huh ? Maybe they're right.

I make a search for Laidlaw. The first result is a TV-Special :

scummvm02555.jpg

Bingo !

scummvm02558.jpg

Channel 6. Next stop for me, last stop for Laidlaw.

TITLE.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom